Coach Richmond under Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Been a tough start to the Yze era for Richmond getting smashed by injuries, although during their game early in the year against Sydney you could see what Yze is trying to build.
What's your opinion on Richmond under Yze?

To be fair to Yze, Hardwick saw that the RMS Richmond was heading to the iceberg before anyone else did, and rather than stay, try and steer the ship away, or at the very least warn someone of what was going to happen he gave the captains hat to someone else, jumped into a life raft while giving the middle finger to those still on the ship.

the shame of getting smacked by 90 points isn't the same on the back of riding their champion team into the dirt for multiple premierships, as it would be if it felt like it was a hole they couldn't get out of after bouncing around the arse of the ladder for years on end. we'll see what they're up to in 2-3 seasons. yze hasn't had a chance to stamp himself on the side yet.

I think Yze just needs to pull done a few more Premiership photos at punt road and she'll be right. ;)

In all seriousness its been 9 weeks! You have to give the man time to implement his changes and game style. Having half the team injured doesn't help the process. If the Tigers are getting done by 15+ goals this time next year than yeah we can discuses his coaching ability, but for now its to early. He seems to be animated in the box so from the outside looks like he recognises what is going wrong. Just needs to find the solutions. Easier said than done but that's how we find out if he's a good coach or not.

Last edited:
No cattle = no coach

Also idk about us slipping so much against the dogs, did we not have proper wet weather boots on or something? Dogs players seemed fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Yze, Hardwick saw that the RMS Richmond was heading to the iceberg before anyone else did, and rather than stay, try and steer the ship away, or at the very least warn someone of what was going to happen he gave the captains hat to someone else, jumped into a life raft while giving the middle finger to those still on the ship.
Still good enough to beat your mob.

I think Hardwick being the captain of the Costa Concordia for a number of reasons would be a bit closer to the mark 🙂

It's a eagles like season for them. Nothing Yze can do. They lost 13 players to injury now and a qtr of the premiership team is cooked. Dusty is a shell of what he was. Grimes is cooked. Pickett cooked. Balta's switch to forward has not been successful. Nank needs help in the ruck and like the dogs have a few inexperienced players that need more games until they see improvement.

Let's face it, Richmond's reckless list strategy has backfired big tme. Add to that the enormous injury list they are dealing with, and we are just not gonna see much from them this year. Yze is on a hiding to nothing at the moment.

Yep. Hardwick's left them with a steaming hot pile - someone was going to have to deal with the mess. I don't think any coach would be getting any more out of the list. And I've got a feeling there's a few players pining for Dimma. Yze needs the opportunity to build his own team. All he has the moment is the skeletal remains of a once great unit.

I'm still on the fence

Seems a cool & calm operator, but I do miss Dimma's fire and brimstone if we didn't bring the effort. The players look like they have given up which aside from a brief period in 2016, genuinely couldn't say of Dimma's tenure

In terms of young talent, the cupboard is completely bare. Very different to Dimma in 2010 when we had our premiership nucleus of kids already there, but before their time - Cotch, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance, Astbury, Grimes, Edwards etc

Given we will prob trade / lose a few senior players to FA, nailing next years draft is pretty much what Yze's entire fortunes will rest on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back