Ricky Nixon’s Club 10 rated

Remove this Banner Ad

did ricky nixons club 10 always have 11 names in it?

Gary Ablett
Wayne Carey
Tony Lockett
Jason Dunstall
Greg Williams
Glen Jakovich
Gavin Wanganeen
Garry Lyon
Matthew Richardson
Stewart Loewe
Gavin Brown

I just interviewed him on my podcast. He explains why it was called club 10. You should check it out. Pretty good stories and insight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what universe is Garry Lyon above Matthew Richardson?
Lyon was in all honesty probably a better footballer but had his career cut short with a ****ed back. Other than career goals their accolades are very, very similar or in Lyons favor.

Both had 3 AA's, Richo kicked more goals, Lyon won more club b&fs in better teams, Lyon was Victorian captain, both in their clubs team of the century & hall of fame

Lyon was in all honesty probably a better footballer but had his career cut short with a f’ed back. Other than career goals their accolades are very, very similar or in Lyons favor.

Both had 3 AA's, Richo kicked more goals, Lyon won more club b&fs in better teams, Lyon was Victorian captain, both in their clubs team of the century & hall of fame
lyon and Lowe both very overrated. Average footballers at best.

lyon and Lowe both very overrated. Average footballers at best.
tbf Loewe wasnt in the same class as Lyon

So just to confirm, Lyon a 3× AA, Victorian state of origin captain, multiple bnf winner in top 6 teams, team of the century and HOF player and one of less than three players who have ever kicked 10+goals in a VFL/AFL final is an average player?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back