Autopsy Roast and toast vs Geelong and changes for West Coast

Best

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he going to be the next Stengle Higgins or Butler to be a ripper at another club?

Meanwhile we keep George and Aarts on. If there's one area where our list management has failed.
Meh. Not really list management issue is it? You're acting like we dropped this players while keeping the others on. All 3 asked to leave, we didn't want them to.

Stengle asked out after 1 season where we won a flag. Was behind Butler, Castagna, Rioli and Bolton at that point. 2 Average years at the Crows after that.

Butler was playing average when he asked out. Such revisionist history to say that was a list management issue. He kicked 5 goals in the 7 games he played in 2019 at 0.7 a game. Castagna kicked 28 at 1.2 a game.
Butler also kicked 1.5 goals a game and was AA in his first year at the Saint, and now 0.8 and 0.6 goals a game for the next 2 seasons. Seems like a classic case of player at a new club really putting n the extra effort. He wouldn't have had that season if he stayed with us.

Higgins was unfortunate, but once again not our chose. He also played 43 games in 3 seasons of a premiership team while having brain surgery mid season. Its not like we didn't give him games. He wanted to go to the Saints specifically

Watching the VFL today, it's good to see we have a few blokes that have put multiple good performances in a row together. Stack's been BOG in his last two games and should replace Clarke up forward. Miller was again solid, and should come in for Gibcus, unless we decide to go smaller and in that case Mansell should come in.

In: Lambert Miller/Mansell Stack
Out: Prestia Gibcus Clarke Edwards

B: Grimes Tarrant Miller/Mansell
HB: D.Rioli Broad Vlastuin
C: McIntosh Short Pickett
HF: Stack Bolton Lambert
F: Riewoldt Martin Lynch
R: Nankervis Ross Baker
IC: Ralphsmith Soldo Graham M.Rioli
SUB: Edwards

If we intend to have Tarrant take Kennedy and Broad on Darling, then I don't see the point of keeping Gibcus or bringing in Miller. Thought yesterday showed that if Broad was taking an opposition KPF like Cameron, then it left Gibcus without a natural matchup once Soldo was subbed on.

We’re now ninth on the ladder where we are easily the second best team. What’s gone wrong is we’re poorly coached and have lost games at selection. Playing Edwards and Tarrant will continue to lose us close games.

Without Tarrant last night we get monstered. Tarrant has not been an issue the past few weeks. He is easily our best option. Miller looked lost at times today and Biggie is still raw. Miller on Kennedy next week would get murdered.

Edwards I agree is 2022's Castagna. Granted, he is slowly getting better, but still, as a midfielder forward, he is not doing enough.

We’re now ninth on the ladder where we are easily the second best team. What’s gone wrong is we’re poorly coached and have lost games at selection. Playing Edwards and Tarrant will continue to lose us close games.
We have only lost two close games for the season last night and Sydney, Tarrant and Edwards weren’t the problems in either of those games

Miller would of been smoked by Hawkins last night when Tarrant was among our best for the game especially late taking massive marks against Hawkins on the wing giving us a chance to actually win the game

Without Tarrant last night we get monstered. Tarrant has not been an issue the past few weeks. He is easily our best option. Miller looked lost at times today and Biggie is still raw. Miller on Kennedy next week would get murdered.

Edwards I agree is 2022's Castagna. Granted, he is slowly getting better, but still, as a midfielder forward, he is not doing enough.
Enough with the Tarrant bashing. FFS - people have no idea on this board. If last night was not a good indicator as to why Tarrant was a good pickup, I have no *en idea what will...

Enough with the Tarrant bashing. FFS - people have no idea on this board. If last night was not a good indicator as to why Tarrant was a good pickup, I have no *en idea what will...

My observation is there’s actually only one idiot running with the Tarrant bashing theme.
Most of us watched the game and appreciated the ripper game he played.

I wasn't bashing Tarrant. I was defending him.

We have only lost two close games for the season last night and Sydney, Tarrant and Edwards weren’t the problems in either of those games

Miller would of been smoked by Hawkins last night when Tarrant was among our best for the game especially late taking massive marks against Hawkins on the wing giving us a chance to actually win the game
We've been in every game this year. lol

Unfortunately I am starting to believe Richmond should put player welfare first. In sitting down with Lambert and making a decision. So hope we keep him on as an assistant beyond his playing career. Wouldn’t bring him in vs the eagles as we should win anyhow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hard to get over this loss, on a positive note I thought Jack Ross deserves to stay in the team. He can gain confidence from this performance and become the player we'd hope for, kind of taking the Cotchin role and remembering he's still only 21.

Tom Lynch has to be the best key forward in the game and is definitely back to his 2019 form (handball on the wing was brilliant).

We've been in every game this year. lol
Tarrant or Edwards haven’t been the reason we have lost in any of them

You think Miller who took 1 mark against GWS, 2 marks against Dogs and 1 against Adelaide with only one of them contested for every game he has played this year would of done better than Tarrant who took 7 marks and two contested against Hawkins

Tarrant or Edwards haven’t been the reason we have lost in any of them

You think Miller who took 1 mark against GWS, 2 marks against Dogs and 1 against Adelaide with only one of them contested for every game he has played this year would of done better than Tarrant who took 7 marks and two contested against Hawkins
Prove it to me as playing two men short cost us games. Unless you can prove it to mee then you're blowing smoke out of your arse

Prove it to me as playing two men short cost us games. Unless you can prove it to mee then you're blowing smoke out of your arse
You could say the same about any players

Did we lose last night because of Gibcus? Or Clarke? or even Riewoldt? for that matter who didn’t even kick one goal for the game

All 3 did less than Edwards and Tarrant

You could say the same about any players

Did we lose last night because of Gibcus? Or Clarke? or even Riewoldt? for that matter who didn’t even kick one goal for the game
Clarke was awful and should have been dropped which goes back to the coaches not seeing this. Tarrant is a no future player with Sheds so why play them as they're accumulating losses for s which young kids at least would be benefiting experience. KDH has always been a moron and nothing has changed and will change unless he's supported with quality assistances.

Give it a rest mate.
Your Tarrant hate is cringeworthy

Clarke was awful and should have been dropped which goes back to the coaches not seeing this. Tarrant is a no future player with Sheds so why play them as they're accumulating losses for s which young kids at least would be benefiting experience. KDH has always been a moron and nothing has changed and will change unless he's supported with quality assistances.
We lost by under a goal when we lost our best midfielder early in the game and they kicked a goal when we had 17 players on the field

You are acting as if we were belted by 47 points and potting players who one was among our best and the other contributed to us being a legitimate chance to win

Might be time to log off and stop with the hyperbolic trash

Big reason for the loss 26-13
Don’t even really blame that, the umps are ****ed every week
We played our best shot and given the circumstances we played a bloody good game

Back