Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 90 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the obvious swap-out but as it has been discussed, sadly he did not really impact that much in the VFL (despite the 6 tackles was it)
Pity he could not have touched it a dozen times and kicked a couple in which case it would have been a no-brainer.

Very interesting match committee selections coming up this Thursday....
I only saw half the game. What do we do? Bring in our best in the VFL.vs a inexperienced line up.
Bigoa, Ross and Bradkte? Gibcus played for Grimes at the end of the season.. maybe have a look at replacing broad with a small defender.
Mansell this week.

Or consider the new role Cumberland had and what Cumberland can do at the senior level.
Give Shai dusty's mid duties and bring Clarke/ Cumberland back..

Looking at the Pies this year, looks like Nick Daicos and John Noble are key ball carriers in their plans.
9 & 7 score involvements respectively against the Cats, 579 and 637 metres gained.
Nick is a key player, if he goes down they're gone.
They are deeper than that I think. They remind me of us in our premiership years in that they have a bunch of role players that are not stars individually, but play well as a unit. Spread of goal kickers, no over reliance. Aside Elliot who is an absolute gun and Degoey their forward line looks shite on paper… much like ours did in 2017 with Riewoldt playing the lone hand

Common mate
I dont want to be seen to be picking on you all the time just because of how many times your posts are just crap but surely even you can see that what broad did is not on anymore with all thats come out about concussion and even our own Shane Tuck and former Coach Danny Frawley taking their lives

Its friggin simple just hold onto him and if you have to just drop your weight to drag him down and if that doesnt work and he gets the ball away - So be it and its only a friggen game not worth knocking somebody out. That poor kid would be lucky to be 20 years old and could have issue's for years to come

We would hate it if that happened to 1 of our kids like Sonsie , Clarke , MRj etc
Its only a friggen game
or more to the point, your own kid/family member, yes it is only a game that lasts for 3 hours, the brain is there for a lifetime. Tacle hard and as you said wrap em up,hold on, dont let them brake and drag em down by collapsing your own weight.

Sonsie got better the longer the game went last week and would be my first in for Hopper. Cotch goes more inside.
Thought Dow worked hard in close and started to hold the ball and use his agility to get free so he might be another option.
Ross is not so inside these days but has good spread.
Reckon 2 of those 3 might get a run for Hopper and Short.

Short played a fair bit on the hff on Saturday Ross taking that role seems a no brainer.

You'd think Mansell goes back to cover Broad especially as Pies dont have many tall forwards. Between Sonsie and Clarke you would think for that role.

Dow seemed to be ahead of Sonsie based on the last practice match so wouldn't surprise to see him get the nod for Hopper and is more like for like. If Dusty misses then surely Cumbo comes in.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't think we need to tag him. It depends on how the midfield battle goes.
Against Port, Collingwood were dominant in that facet of the game and considering Port couldn't get there hands on the ball, Daicos didn't have to worry about defending. He could just do as he pleased.
The only instruction I'd be giving is that MRJ needs to follow him if he tries to chain up possessions from deep in the back half. If we can then force a turnover (which we are pretty good at) we can hurt them on the way back.

We need to be smarter than a simple sentiment of "gotta tag him".

get mansell to take him out

Statement should have been made last week with Davey and McAdam.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why do media call for “making a statement”? That just creates an inconsistency.
If the AFL reckon the current penalties aren’t strong enough, change them.

Make it official.

Not reactionary rubbish on the run to appease media blow hards.
I want to beat these ass clowns simply to stop the media jizz fest all over Collingwood. They jump on and off this week's flavour of the day like a rodeo cowboy. Geez they're weak as piss.
Not an original thought amongst them. So reactionary.

The seedings with King and Whateley is pretty much the dumbest stuff you’ll hear. Convinces no one and is fish and chip wrapper a week later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only saw half the game. What do we do? Bring in our best in the VFL.vs a inexperienced line up.
Bigoa, Ross and Bradkte? Gibcus played for Grimes at the end of the season.. maybe have a look at replacing broad with a small defender.
Mansell this week.

Or consider the new role Cumberland had and what Cumberland can do at the senior level.
Give Shai dusty's mid duties and bring Clarke/ Cumberland back..
All solid questions Sir
Assuming Dusty and Hopper join Short and Broad as outs I would do:

Mansell to come in off bench - & live inside Nick Daicos's jumper
Cumberland to replace Dusty
Ross to replace Hopper
Sonsie to replace Short

To cover loss of Broad out of d 50 rotations use Picket and maybe K'Mc for a while.

Pie's goal kickers are generally small or mid sized forwards (apart from big cox obligatory 3 goal arse game against us)

Geez, I hope not. Horse got rolled and the race was at 3PM
Nah, there was another one later on -

Don't mind the idea of Banks coming in to play wing and sending Pickett to Daicos.

Daicos will embarrass Mansell.
maybe for the first 10 minutes...then Mansell will flatten him repeatedly for trying that bull sheet on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back