Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Putrid selections (injured players)
Putrid game plan
Putrid forward 50 entries
Putrid umpiring (thanks for confusing the umps, Clarko - I have no idea how they’ll adjudicate the HTB rule herein)
Putrid spectacle*

*I’m done with this crap. Until something changes I’m only going to watch North games.

Thesaurus.com is your friend.

Rawlings doesn’t come across as a snivelling yes man to me. I would also think that to get him across he must have been given some assurances that he do what is needed.

The board finally found the stones to sack Scott, so hopefully they’ve got the stomach for what you suggest.
Good we need someone to make decisions that might hurt in the short term but will hopefully provide us meduim to long term success.

There will be a decent cull at the end of 2020. Take it to the bank.
I'd always thought that once we did the 1st round pick swap last year.

Gives Shaw and Brady a good look at the list away from the previous regime and then make some tough calls and bold moves come the end of 2020.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Can you get a priority pick for being chronically mid-table?
A few years ago something along those lines was floated. The idea went along the lines that if you had finished outside the eight a certain number of years you would get pick 19 as a priority. The side with the most number of years outside the eight would get pick 19. The side with the second most number of years wold get pick 20.

There would be a trigger for a second priority pick if you had been out of the eight for yonks.

Didn't matter to us Lions at the time as our picks were destroyed by the extra picks given to the two news sides(Giants and Gild Coast) but it struck me as a very good idea

I'd always thought that once we did the 1st round pick swap last year.

Gives Shaw and Brady a good look at the list away from the previous regime and then make some tough calls and bold moves come the end of 2020.
It was always gonna be the end of this season, even back with Brad, but even then it won't be more than a few players unless list numbers are seriously cut by the AFL. I think the club planned to have a big reassessment of things this season. Last year's poor start just forced their hand.

We have 21 players out of contract this year. I'm sure people could name fifteen to drop immediately but we probably won't lose half of them. We need a full list so unless there are 10 AFL ready kids floating around the countryside it won't be the cull everyone is looking for. We turned our list over regularly since 2016/7. Seven players off it last year, and others regularly since the end of 2016.

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The losses aren't quite hitting me as hard this year because of covid and the fact is we're not that good.
I saw this year as being our best 22 could make finals or we could finish bottom 8. We probably should have had this type of year last year tbo.
As much as it sucks I see some positives to come out of it other than higher draft picks.
We will actually find out who is past it and should have their papers stamped. At this point I'd have wood, mcmillan, jacobs and pittard as guys we could move on from at the end of the year.
We'll also get to unearth some youngsters and see who's part of the future. So far that's Curtis Taylor, Kyron, Thomas, Zurhaar and Simpkin imo.
Hopefully LDU, Bonar, Walker, Murphy, EVW and Bailey Scott get a run at it at some point and show some development.
One thing I'll say is at least Shaw has been willing to try putting LMac, Zurharr and Thomas in the middle. Never would've seen that under Brad.
Against the Dogs we looked second to the ball, outnumbered and had poorer skills and decision making. We actually had a close number of inside 50
s, difference was ours we're predictable and we couldn't damage the opposition when we turned it over.
I'm a bit more glass is half full this year anyway. The shining light will be seeing the young guys develop and see who's got it. Enjoy the ride!

Coaches votes
Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne
10 Josh Bruce (WB)
6 Caleb Daniel (WB)
4 Jason Johannisen (WB)
4 Easton Wood (WB)
2 Tom Liberatore (WB)
2 Hayden Crozier (WB)
1 Tim English (WB)
1 Alex Keath (WB)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Coaches votes
Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne
10 Josh Bruce (WB)
6 Caleb Daniel (WB)
4 Jason Johannisen (WB)
4 Easton Wood (WB)
2 Tom Liberatore (WB)
2 Hayden Crozier (WB)
1 Tim English (WB)
1 Alex Keath (WB)

That's a positive imo. Rhyce didn't feel a need to play fluffer for any of our guys in a poor performance.

VERY surprised Goldie missed out but his direct opponent scored one tho :eek:

Caleb Daniel 6 votes, i wondered who would be responsible for him in the preview thread, but was immediately told he was no concern. Every time we play them he has a picnic.
At least we kept bont quiet this time

baby steps

I on the other hand was told 2 big guys up forward and around the ground was enough marking power even when bombing long to contests...

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At least we kept bont quiet this time

baby steps

I on the other hand was told 2 big guys up forward and around the ground was enough marking power even when bombing long to contests...
Yeah, but you also said that Mason Wood, a guy who marked the ball only two times in his two full matches this year--neither times contested, was going to help us in that aspect.

Yeah, but you also said that Mason Wood, a guy who marked the ball only two times in his two full matches this year--neither times contested, was going to help us in that aspect.
Still maintain he would or at least make someone accountable like he did Haynes in round 2 so he doesn’t go third up

No, you just implied he would add more marking power. You can't have things both ways.
The end result is the team increases its marking power
If wood or whoever comes in for a small as a third tall that already increases the marking power
Even if they don’t take a ton of marks themselves they make a third tall defender accountable thereby giving others the chance to get more marks with less double teaming

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The end result is the team increases its marking power
If wood or whoever comes in for a small as a third tall that already increases the marking power
Even if they don’t take a ton of marks themselves they make a third tall defender accountable thereby giving others the chance to get more marks with less double teaming
Nice try.

Just had a whisper from a mate ( doesn't support us but knows some people at the club ) some of our guys really screwed around last week with the suburban lockdown 😕
In what way? Preparation?

Just had a whisper from a mate ( doesn't support us but knows some people at the club ) some of our guys really screwed around last week with the suburban lockdown 😕
Rhyce Shaw conceded the fact 12 of his players had to move out of their homes at an afternoon's notice during the week due to Melbourne's postcode lockdown was "maybe" a factor in their drubbing.

"I don't like using excuses for football games but with the environment the way it is at the moment it would have played some part I'd suggest," Shaw said.

"Everyone is dealing with it … I think to answer your question maybe [it played a part] but I don't like making excuses."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back