Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to experts:

Lobb wants to go home to WA
Lobb wants to play as a forward, doesn't want to be a ruckman.
Lobb wants a lot of money
GWS doesn't have any cap space
GWS doesn't have a ruckman so play Lobb in the ruck
GWS does have Cameron, Patton and Hindenburg so don't need a forward unless Patton does another knee and Cameron gets suspended for whacking someone.
thank you for your informative reply.

According to experts:

Lobb wants to go home to WA
Lobb wants to play as a forward, doesn't want to be a ruckman.
Lobb wants a lot of money
GWS doesn't have any cap space
GWS doesn't have a ruckman so play Lobb in the ruck
GWS does have Cameron, Patton and Hindenburg so don't need a forward unless Patton does another knee and Cameron gets suspended for whacking someone.
I lost you at "experts"

Oh wise one, what do you think you'd give up for Neale
He's worth two first rounders, but we'll see what happens.
Different situations.

One player was headhunted by the club while the other may or may not be pushed out.
No way on earth are GWS "pushing" him out, and the same goes for Shiel. People buy way too much into salary cap rumors; their ruck situation is bad enough as it is.

I'm not saying Fremantle would pay pick 6, but I think that's what GWS will demand, and the compromise would involve that pick should he be traded this year.

He's worth two first rounders, but we'll see what happens.

No way on earth are GWS "pushing" him out, and the same goes for Shiel. People buy way too much into salary cap rumors; their ruck situation is bad enough as it is.

I'm not saying Fremantle would pay pick 6, but I think that's what GWS will demand, and the compromise would involve that pick should he be traded this year.
2 first rounders for a second ruck :0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up grade our first to yours this year for Lobb + a cherry on top
or
A second this and next for Lobb + a cherry on top
or
A second and a best 22 player Youngish like Langdon or Tucker for Lobb + a cherry on top
Wouldn't find a young player that will want to join the giants. Tucker or Landon would go back to Victoria if they were leaving.

Wouldn't find a young player that will want to join the giants. Tucker or Landon would go back to Victoria if they were leaving.

That is the problem for the game in that players are not flexible enough in where they want to play
I am sure it will change over time but there needs to be more done to grow the game in the different states, player numbers in NSW and QLD are increasing and the number of players being drafted but it would be good if the media were not so Melbourne focused. Not that it will happen but it would be great for next year both prelims to be outside of vic

Maybe 5 for Lobb and 12 plus smaller shifts in GWS favour.

Maybe 5 for Lobb and 23 plus smaller shifts in Freo favour.

Maybe future 2nd straight for Lobb.

Maybe future 1st for Lobb and 23.

Maybe we pay out a significant portion of his 2019 contract and offer a future 3rd.

Maybe we downgrade 5 with Gold Coast for 17, 26 and 41. Use 17 on Lobb.

Many things need to happen.

If Neale leaves we’ll have currency. Secondly Lobb needs to want out.

Up grade our first to yours this year for Lobb + a cherry on top
or
A second this and next for Lobb + a cherry on top
or
A second and a best 22 player Youngish like Langdon or Tucker for Lobb + a cherry on top

I hope you mean Karl Langdon...

Dont you ever....... ever....... evereverever, put Ed Langdons name anywhere near this board ever again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back