Preview Round 1, 2021: GWS v St.Kilda - GIANTS Stadium, Sunday 21st March, 3:20PM AEDT *HIGHMORE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Saints

Votes: 53 67.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odds have barely changed since the fixture was released - we've been about 2.20 the entire time.
Put a $100 on us for the win and that will change

Should look something like this

FB: Webster Howard Highmore
HB: Sinclair Wilkie Coffield
C: Hill Steele Billings
HF: Higgins Membrey Battle
FF: Lonie McKernan Butler
R: Hunter Gresham Clark
I/C: Ross, Long, Bytel, Wood(?)

Would leave one of McKenzie or Dunstan as the sub.

Rucks aside, still a decent team with enough quality to kick a big score and ultimately win.

This seems pretty close. I've been told that we're going with five debutantes. Which means Wood is playing...

Should look something like this

FB: Webster Howard Highmore
HB: Sinclair Wilkie Coffield
C: Hill Steele Billings
HF: Higgins Membrey Battle
FF: Lonie McKernan Butler
R: Hunter Gresham Clark
I/C: Ross, Long, Bytel, Wood(?)

Would leave one of McKenzie or Dunstan as the sub.

Rucks aside, still a decent team with enough quality to kick a big score and ultimately win.
That's still a solid team. Wood, Smack and Snaggs are seasoned campaigners. Bytel is our next Jesus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it is going to be bloody wet so Max being out may not hurt us as much. I think the wet overall will help Saints more than GWS. Our odds seem overs although with travel and Saints injuries, GWS should be marginal favourites.

95% chance of up to 6cm rain on Sunday after 10cm on Saturday. That is close to 5 inches in the old......could be playing on a lake.

Looks like it is going to be bloody wet so Max being out may not hurt us as much. I think the wet overall will help Saints more than GWS. Our odds seem overs although with travel and Saints injuries, GWS should be marginal favourites.

95% chance of up to 6cm rain on Sunday after 10cm on Saturday. That is close to 5 inches in the old......could be playing on a lake.

Live scenes from giants stadium

20210320085450.jpg

First game of the year and they give us Poms the most difficult bounce time of all: 4:20 a.m. bang in the middle of the night. The alarm is set for Sunday morning.
Me too. Early games a nightmare until the clocks change.

Dunstan could be a good fit this weekend as his crap kicking will fit in with everyone else in the conditions plus inside mids will revel in those conditions.

Could be worth a crack - although most of our mids are strong over the ball. Maybe in for Long off the I/C.

So who will be the midfield?

Hunter, Steele, Ross, Gresh, Clark, Bytel? That's seriously lacking in grunt. Reckon Dunstan is a big chance to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back