Preview Round 10 2019: Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide, 25 May 2019, 1.45pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moore and Poppy don't play the same role. Chad is an upgrade on Moore, who also copped a couple of big hits last week

I'm fine with them not cooking him asking him to do the dirty work Poppy does
Too much common sense.

Needs more keyboard mashing.

Possibly mate, as my full comment originally stated 'if not', but really we aren't winning a flag in 2020. I just don't see any point playing a 32 year old Poppy (next year) ahead of one or more of Moore, Hanrahan, Minchington? Ross or other that would be eyeing a spot in the forward half.

Once more, if the club is looking to contend by 2022, then the decisions need to reflect this. ie. Who will be about when we are pushing for another flag.

Too much common sense.

Needs more keyboard mashing.
I'm happy for someone to come up with a good footy reason that I'm wrong.

No because he's younger isn't a good footy reason.

I'm happy for someone to come up with a good footy reason that I'm wrong.

No because he's younger isn't a good footy reason.

Surely developing young talent when the club is clearly acknowledging we are not contending in the near future is a 'footy reason'?

I understand your point around structure, and it's entirely reasonable, but is the role he is playing so indispensable to our structure? If so, shouldn't we try and see if we have anyone on our list capable?

Look, I've never really made a habit of questioning selection to be honest. I just feel Clarko and the club has said we are doing everything to not be mid-tier for long, but we drop a really promising talent at selection and keep a 31 year old who's form hasn't commanded a spot. That to me is a contradiction.

Surely developing young talent when the club is clearly acknowledging we are not contending in the near future is a 'footy reason'?

I understand your point around structure, and it's entirely reasonable, but is the role he is playing so indispensable to our structure? If so, shouldn't we try and see if we have anyone on our list capable?

Look, I've never really made a habit of questioning selection to be honest. I just feel Clarko and the club has said we are doing everything to not be mid-tier for long, but we drop a really promising talent at selection and keep a 31 year old who's form hasn't commanded a spot. That to me is a contradiction.
If Minchington was fit and playing well at Box Hill maybe the question could be asked.

I just don't see anyone else we can play in that role from our current crop of small forwards.

Dimma and Impey could but then we have the same issue down back

Now maybe if Chad plays well and looks over his fitness issues we could try someone else down back and move Impey forward again.

You can't introduce too many new players into one part of the ground at the same time if you want to be able to play to your structures and game plan.

Ah the great one... again, swift as ever with the justice for any alternative opinion perceived as negativity.
It’s called being rational.

How wet is it going to be. Maybe smalls will be required, as opposed to too tall. Lewis, TOB can pinch hit for short spells, you'd think

Tob struggles on chb size wise, I'm not sure how he will go in the ruck with monsters. You might be spot on fleet footed around the ground might help us.If i was a betting man i would back clarko making a late change, bringing in 1 more tall.

Imagine if lewis or tob got injured 🙄

Moore over Morrison every day of the week! The kid has a real good go get’em attitude and is a much better prospect than concrete boots Morrison!
There is no room for small but slow players anymore yet we keep picking them!
This would have been my choice as well. If the choice came down to either Moore or Wingard then Moore had to make way. However I think Morrison has underwhelmed all season whereas Moore shows some real courage and footy smarts. It's a pity he hasn't had more of an extended run in the 1sts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HANRAHAN can play he has good skills and a side step in traffic, I'm not sure he is ready just yet.

I Had a look at the team line up, I'm predicting a late in or i have a sneaky feeling Sicily might start as a fwd, we will see how far off i am :)

HANRAHAN can play he has good skills and a side step in traffic, I'm not sure he is ready just yet.

I Had a look at the team line up, I'm predicting a late in or i have a sneaky feeling Sicily might start as a fwd, we will see how far off i am :)

Ceglar vs Paddy Ryder & Peter Ladhams for the day, will be a stiff ask. Maybe some help in the ruck as a late IN, but the weather on Saturday afternoon will decide.

Our emergencies, Moore apart, are all monster sized for what may be a wet afternoon.
  • 36 Dylan Moore
  • 30 Kaiden Brand
  • 2 Jarryd Roughead
  • 27 Marc Pittonet

I might make a point of watching Glass closely Saturday I think. I’m hoping to see something, as so far I’m not convinced.

Looking forward to seeing Chad on the park too. Hopefully he is fired up for a big one against the old team.

I might make a point of watching Glass closely Saturday I think. I’m hoping to see something, as so far I’m not convinced.

I haven't been sure about him either.

Some positive signs with run and delivery to the forward line last week though.

Is Billy Framton going to SHOW THEM THE WAY?
I hope not, every day.

If Minchington was fit and playing well at Box Hill maybe the question could be asked.

I just don't see anyone else we can play in that role from our current crop of small forwards.

Dimma and Impey could but then we have the same issue down back

Now maybe if Chad plays well and looks over his fitness issues we could try someone else down back and move Impey forward again.

You can't introduce too many new players into one part of the ground at the same time if you want to be able to play to your structures and game plan.

Good reasoning mate. Makes a lot of sense.

I guess I can't help but look at how the kids were given a go at Geelong and you see how quickly things turned for them. All of a sudden they aren't just a strong top 12, but an even 22.

I feel an opportunity was there to put faith in Moore after a really solid game.

Anyhow, as I said, a really good post.

Last edited:
Massive opportunity for Morrison to shine this week. Has snuck in the side again. The club showing loads of early faith. Let’s hope he has a good crack and gets his hands on it. Very capable player, who needs to build confidence.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Correct. They've put a ton of time and faith into Harry. His form isn't as good compared to last year. S Mitchell must rate him I reckon.

Is Billy Framton going to SHOW THEM THE WAY?
I hope not, every day.
He will entertain and loves to antagonise opposition backmen. By no means the complete AFL big forward but loves to compete and niggle. Closest option to Dixon as a competitive forward. But can be undisciplined. Sicily and he will enjoy time together I am sure.
images.jpeg.jpg

Correct. They've put a ton of time and faith into Harry. His form isn't as good compared to last year. S Mitchell must rate him I reckon.

I agree Morrison was good last yr this yr has been a decline. I thought the g.w.s game was his best, Last weekend he contributed.

He has good skills but he gets caught out alot when he doesn't take the first option. Become hesitant when the next option is not as good similar to Howe .
Alot of the guys do this I'm not sure if thats the game plan there trying to execute or there are slow on there feet.
looking at Richmond younger players last wk, they just take off automatically it's not always pretty but they rarely get caught there always on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back