Preview Round 10: Us vs "*them" | Sunday May 23 @ 4:40pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get canned, but could lazzaro do with some time in the vfl? Or is it similar to mahony and persist with until there is steady improvement?
I think if they decide Scott's done enough to come back in, Chaz could well be a possibility for a bit of VFL time. Like Phillips, couldn't do him any harm to see a bit more of the pill.

I think if they decide Scott's done enough to come back in, Chaz could well be a possibility for a bit of VFL time. Like Phillips, couldn't do him any harm to see a bit more of the pill.
With Jed, Polly and Hayden returning in the next few weeks you would think a few will be rotating back to the early game for a run

Watched a bit of their game yesterday and they didn't impress me. I think we're gonna smash them on the inside and win this. They looked susceptible when Freo moved the ball quickly, and when they switched the play. Would be good if someone could be within 5mtrs of Tippa for once. Do not let him into the game.

They love to sit off the contest, then front run & ski though, and right now we're the sort of turnover merchants to make them look good.

I'm not confident.

They love to sit off the contest, then front run & ski though, and right now we're the sort of turnover merchants to make them look good.

I'm not confident.

Just got to stay on top of them and not heed momentum through skill errors etc. Their crowd was an asset yesterday, lifting them and intimidating the umpires. If that game's in Perth they probably lose by 5-6 goals.

In
Scott, Atu, Ford (if Thomas goes out)

Out
Lazzaro, Menadue, Thomas

Scott needs to be rewarded for good form and Lazzaro could do with a rest. I thought Lazzaro was stiff at times, particularly in the last quarter. He got himself into position quite a few times and got burnt. He has played the whole preseason from memory and every game. Give him a spell.

Xerri deserves his chance, but Campbell can’t be dropped at the moment. For those calling to drop Campbell to get games into Xerri, it clearly sends the wrong message to the playing group. If you’re performing you play, it’s as simple as that and Campbell was pivotal in the last term.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In

Out
Lazzaro, Menadue, Thomas

Scott needs to be rewarded for good form and Lazzaro could do with a rest. I thought Lazzaro was stiff at times, particularly in the last quarter. He got himself into position quite a few times and got burnt. He has played the whole preseason from memory and every game. Give him a spell.

Xerri deserves his chance, but Campbell can’t be dropped at the moment. For those calling to drop Campbell to get games into Xerri, it clearly sends the wrong message to the playing group. If you’re performing you play, it’s as simple as that and Campbell was pivotal in the last term.

Menadue's actually been pretty solid most times he's played and was again on the weekend. What I saw of Atu in the VFL, he was decent but not exactly bashing the door down. After a win, I'd favour the incumbent there and give Menadue another chance. Agree with you re Xerri and Campbell though and also like your other changes if Thomas is out.

In

Out
Lazzaro, Menadue, Thomas

We are 2 games away from the bye , we can rest him then.. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menadue's actually been pretty solid most times he's played and was again on the weekend. What I saw of Atu in the VFL, he was decent but not exactly bashing the door down. After a win, I'd favour the incumbent there and give Menadue another chance. Agree with you re Xerri and Campbell though and also like your other changes if Thomas is out.

Menadue has been solid, besides a few turnovers and deer in headlight moments. I just feel Atu from a matchup point of view is better suited to come in. I think Atu is the best player available to play on Tippa.

Gotta make them more defensively accountable.

Unleash Hall on the rebound and provide options to him. * won't be able to handle the repeat entries.

We also need to repeat last week's clearance numbers, especially at Marvel. Quick centre breaks can mount a lot of pressure on a weak side like theirs.

Most important of all, we need confidence going into this one. We cannot let them get into us. Instil killer instinct.

Gotta make them more defensively accountable.

Unleash Hall on the rebound and provide options to him. * won't be able to handle the repeat entries.

We also need to repeat last week's clearance numbers, especially at Marvel. Quick centre breaks can mount a lot of pressure on a weak side like theirs.

Most important of all, we need confidence going into this one. We cannot let them get into us. Instil killer instinct.
Not sure we'll ever again repeat those raw clearance numbers in the same manner. They were one for the record book. In fact I think Cunners + Jy's contested possessions and clearance count literally were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back