Autopsy Round 10 vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday May 25th @ 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Another week and have a real stern test against the Cats.

If we can limit the damage and keep within 30 points I would take that in a heart beat.

Touk will be back which is good news for the midfield.

Dangerfield looks like he will miss for them at the moment. With Macpherson's aggression, have him target it, just have him follow Ablett around the field and just put pressure on.

To give us hope, North Melbourne ran them close a couple of weeks ago, so here's hoping.

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This could potentially be our biggest hiding of the year. The Cats are looking like the team to beat atm but id prefer GAJ not get the satisfaction of a 100 point win on GC.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This could potentially be our biggest hiding of the year. The Cats are looking like the team to beat atm but id prefer GAJ not get the satisfaction of a 100 point win on GC.
We've only had one belting at home this year and that was against the Lions who didn't really have to travel at all for that game. Having said that, Geelong have been really good this year and we'd have to play the game of our season to win this one IMO. Obviously no Dangerfield really helps us through the midfield though. Definitely less optimistic about this one than others we've played at home this year but you never know. I remember we managed a big victory over Geelong at home two years back so it's not impossible. Just improbable.

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We've only had one belting at home this year and that was against the Lions who didn't really have to travel at all for that game. Having said that, Geelong have been really good this year and we'd have to play the game of our season to win this one IMO. Obviously no Dangerfield really helps us through the midfield though. Definitely less optimistic about this one than others we've played at home this year but you never know. I remember we managed a big victory over Geelong at home two years back so it's not impossible. Just improbable.
I would love nothing more than to be the ones who stop their run of victories lol

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Another week and have a real stern test against the Cats.

If we can limit the damage and keep within 30 points I would take that in a heart beat.

Touk will be back which is good news for the midfield.

Dangerfield looks like he will miss for them at the moment. With Macpherson's aggression, have him target it, just have him follow Ablett around the field and just put pressure on.

To give us hope, North Melbourne ran them close a couple of weeks ago, so here's hoping.

I dont see this being Carlton V GWS .. you have been playing a very contested style... and we are 8-1 .. ..which is just another way of saying due for a loss.. if you hang in long enough and start to believe then an upset is a realistic option. if you make the most of your chances. Your form is good imo. Against Port I felt GC we unlucky to have three goals denied by a finger nail. There are few in the Geelong side that are starting to show that we have been wound up for a while but Geelong a player very efficient football ..we have been kicking straight and making the most of chances. I think it could be closer than 30 points ..

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I dont see this being Carlton V GWS .. you have been playing a very contested style... and we are 8-1 .. ..which is just another way of saying due for a loss.. if you hang in long enough and start to believe then an upset is a realistic option. if you make the most of your chances. Your form is good imo. Against Port I felt GC we unlucky to have three goals denied by a finger nail. There are few in the Geelong side that are starting to show that we have been wound up for a while but Geelong a player very efficient football ..we have been kicking straight and making the most of chances. I think it could be closer than 30 points ..

Turbo who do your mob feel you are entitled to go and take off us at the end of this season?

Have you sent the memo to Weasel Whateley and Hairspray McLachlan and the plethora of other unprofessional media cheerleaders yet?

Get the narrative going. And your Club Accountant by the way is a star.

Go GC.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Turbo who do your mob feel you are entitled to go and take off us at the end of this season?

Have you sent the memo to Weasel Whateley and Hairspray McLachlan and the plethora of other unprofessional media cheerleaders yet?

Get the narrative going. And your Club Accountant by the way is a star.

Go GC.
OK Bods.. but I'm not coming on here to upset anyone etc.

If we replicate the type of Trade Period as last year ..I dont really see the ideal candidate on your list (imo) ..not this year. If King doesnt want to extend next year ..Id think he would fit needs and be worth a talk for sure. By the look of him though he is 2-3 years away bodywize..and we do tend to like PnP. Development years are just waste if you dont get a player at the end of it.

I have been clear on our board that we have been very focused on moneyball type KPF... so at some stage Hawkins will fall over , he is 31 and players of his size usually do not last till mid 30's... and the 3 young talls we have are all speculative. So at some stage we will be looking at KPF talent ..whether that this year or not .. somewhat it might depend on what happens in the TKelly situation.

I suspect we will be looking at tall forward talent the next 2-3 years ..whether young or PnP. Im not that wrapt in targeting a player like 2mp for example this year.. we have Hawk and Sav..add 2mp .. Id say he would unbalance us atm. We have been linked to JCameron ..if there is any truth to that then I think any players that we talk to up at the GC will not be any of your main players.

Our young mids are thin Id love to talk to Brodie if he cant break in.. really our young mid group is not really as strong as GC's.

Generally my preference is draft. Geelong have a reasonable history of finding who we want thru draft and "trade in" is realy just an icing type thing. And if we get multiple R1's if we lose Kelly ..Id love to think we could find a couple of young kids that we could bring along either straight away or probably within a year or two. Selwood is starting to slide down the other side. He cant just absorb injuries they way he has in the past.

Of course .. if you want to send us a good kid or two Im sure well be willing to talk. Bowes has been excellent for you I think ..future star there imo. :cool:

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
OK Bods.. but I'm not coming on here to upset anyone etc.

If we replicate the type of Trade Period as last year ..I dont really see the ideal candidate on your list (imo) ..not this year. If King doesnt want to extend next year ..Id think he would fit needs and be worth a talk for sure. By the look of him though he is 2-3 years away bodywize..and we do tend to like PnP. Development years are just waste if you dont get a player at the end of it.

I have been clear on our board that we have been very focused on moneyball type KPF... so at some stage Hawkins will fall over , he is 31 and players of his size usually do not last till mid 30's... and the 3 young talls we have are all speculative. So at some stage we will be looking at KPF talent ..whether that this year or not .. somewhat it might depend on what happens in the TKelly situation.

I suspect we will be looking at tall forward talent the next 2-3 years ..whether young or PnP. Im not that wrapt in targeting a player like 2mp for example this year.. we have Hawk and Sav..add 2mp .. Id say he would unbalance us atm. We have been linked to JCameron ..if there is any truth to that then I think any players that we talk to up at the GC will not be any of your main players.

Our young mids are thin Id love to talk to Brodie if he cant break in.. really our young mid group is not really as strong as GC's.

Generally my preference is draft. Geelong have a reasonable history of finding who we want thru draft and "trade in" is realy just an icing type thing. And if we get multiple R1's if we lose Kelly ..Id love to think we could find a couple of young kids that we could bring along either straight away or probably within a year or two. Selwood is starting to slide down the other side. He cant just absorb injuries they way he has in the past.

Of course .. if you want to send us a good kid or two Im sure well be willing to talk. Bowes has been excellent for you I think ..future star there imo. :cool:

Your a great ambassador but I don’t trust your club one bit and I certainly don’t like the integrity of the administration and coach.
I reckon The Handbaggers will once again be squibs with development and go after 2MP and/or Martin.
I’m getting angry now thinking about the entitled behaviour.
It shouldn’t intrude on my beautiful GC Buzz.
VFL house needs a clean out.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Your a great ambassador but I don’t trust your club one bit and I certainly don’t like the integrity of the administration and coach.
I reckon The Handbaggers will once again be squibs with development and go after 2MP and/or Martin.
I’m getting angry now thinking about the entitled behaviour.
It shouldn’t intrude on my beautiful GC Buzz.
VFL house needs a clean out.

Its not really about trust .. one just has to accept that all clubs will be looking and talking.. and player managers will certainly talk to clubs.

Its probably a bit early for 100% of the player talk to make the papers but the last few years if we are interested in players its made the papers just as it has with Cameron recently. I have not read anything in the official media that has us interested in 2mp or Martin. Of course with these things.. it can change. Our number 1 priority would be to keep Tim Kelly.

Im not here to make you angry so I'll depart ..good luck with game..and may there be no injuries..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Its not really about trust .. one just has to accept that all clubs will be looking and talking.. and player managers will certainly talk to clubs.

Its probably a bit early for 100% of the player talk to make the papers but the last few years if we are interested in players its made the papers just as it has with Cameron recently. I have not read anything in the official media that has us interested in 2mp or Martin. Of course with these things.. it can change. Our number 1 priority would be to keep Tim Kelly.

Im not here to make you angry so I'll depart ..good luck with game..and may there be no injuries..

The way the VFL runs it’s so called competition fires me up not you. You will be back Turbo. By the way the good luck I want is to get a good home ground rub from the Umpires for once.
I’ll take that.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
The Good - Fiorini, Bowes, Powell, Ainsworth, McPherson all improving each week. Miller likely to be back. Menegola and possibly Dangerfield out.

The Bad - Witts in doubt and Nichols may get a call up.

The Ugly - We are easily the lowest scoring team (ave 61 pts) up against a defence that have given up the least points. They also ave 101 points up forward.
The two combined games against Geelong last year was 40 goals to 9....

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
The Good - Fiorini, Bowes, Powell, Ainsworth, McPherson all improving each week. Miller likely to be back. Menegola and possibly Dangerfield out.

The Bad - Witts in doubt and Nichols may get a call up.

The Ugly - We are easily the lowest scoring team (ave 61 pts) up against a defence that have given up the least points. They also ave 101 points up forward.
The two combined games against Geelong last year was 40 goals to 9....

Whats up with Witts, injured? I reckon he will be an important cog for you guys if he plays because we may still be missing Stanley and Witts will destroy Abbott and Fort, he held his own against Ryder and Lycett on Sunday. If he misses do you think Wright will play full time ruck or will Nicholls come in?

Whats up with Witts, injured? I reckon he will be an important cog for you guys if he plays because we may still be missing Stanley and Witts will destroy Abbott and Fort, he held his own against Ryder and Lycett on Sunday. If he misses do you think Wright will play full time ruck or will Nicholls come in?
Got his hand stood on during the port game. But I think he should be okay.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As great Collins played it's a good opportunity for other players. It's not like we are going to play finals, we are building. Let's see what Day, Burgess, Leslie even Graham got. Six day break is a bit of concern after wet slog but it should be a great learning test for our team.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
As great Collins played it's a good opportunity for other players. It's not like we are going to play finals, we are building. Let's see what Day, Burgess, Leslie even Graham got. Six day break is a bit of concern after wet slog but it should be a great learning test for our team.
How many years Leslie and Day with GCS there is nothing to see what they got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back