VFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Box Hill at Victoria Park (Pies WON 62-60, replay links post 875, page 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw, I thought Maynard was fantastic yesterday and is ready for a call up whenever he's needed. The kid is a bull and his endurance looks to have improved significantly. Neat skills too.

Talent, kicking and aggression were never in doubt he is like Abbott in that his weakness was a very poor tank.

Both will eventually prove to be much better players then where they were taken is my feel.

Dekka Hine wouldn't know a forwards arsehole if it shit in his dinner /half sarcasm off.

Bit of an angry rant post but it is half true he has a real issue idenitying small class fwds and KPFs.

That is why getting Matt Rendall was good as he has found some Crows good Tall Forwards

Talent, kicking and aggression were never in doubt he is like Abbott in that his weakness was a very poor tank.

Both will eventually prove to be much better players then where they were taken is my feel.

Well Maynard Possession has gone up for most of the Year. Now he is up to getting 20+ Touches at VFL Level

Yep I get that but that's why I mentioned that his endurance appears to have improved. He seemed to cover the ground quite well.

Yeah, should have summed him up too, he was in the best 3-4 for us I thought, his body size gives him an advantage over the skinnier Manteit and Goodyear at this stage. Nice kick of the ball and composed under pressure a lot of the time. Wouldn't be against him debuting in the next few weeks, can see him developing into a really nice half back/wing player.

What did you think of Gault, Goodyear and Marsh.

What did you think of Gault, Goodyear and Marsh.
I thought Gault was pretty good in that secondary ruck role, had 16 possessions and took a few marks, including the one that led to the winning attack inside 50. Goodyear didn't do a lot, one of his poorer games after showing a bit before the bye. Marsh, I'm biased obviously, but he's ready for senior footy whenever we need him, took 7-8 marks in the first 40 minutes of the game alone I reckon, and made some really good chase down tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dekka Hine wouldn't know a forwards arsehole if it shit in his dinner /half sarcasm off.

Bit of an angry rant post but it is half true he has a real issue idenitying small class fwds and KPFs.

I'm confident that the recent recruitment of the likes of Elliott and Krak (as a package), the Broom, Kennedy and Varcoe confirms that Dekka and Co has a reasonable handle on small class fwds.:thumbsu:

I'm confident that the recent recruitment of the likes of Elliott and Krak (as a package), the Broom, Kennedy and Varcoe confirms that Dekka and Co has a reasonable handle on small class fwds.:thumbsu:

Krack and Varcoe were known quantities.

Broomhead, Kennedy have shown signs but neither have shown what a young L.Davis, A.Didak or N.Davis did for a Collingwood example as forwards. Kennedy showing more as a mid and Broomhead an inconsistent flanker come mid. Both young I know and likely both will be very good players but not so sure in the role of "small fwd".

Elliott is a tick yep but more so as a marking player then a crumbing small fwd.

Sorry for questioning the omnipresence that is Derek Hine, btw as I said it was a half sarcastic remark he obviously knows his craft but I feel in identifying these 2 areas in particular he seems to be more miss then hit.

Lucky we have Matt Rendell then, who has an outstanding record in drafting key talls :)

Krack and Varcoe were known quantities.

Broomhead, Kennedy have shown signs but neither have shown what a young L.Davis, A.Didak or N.Davis did for a Collingwood example as forwards. Kennedy showing more as a mid and Broomhead an inconsistent flanker come mid. Both young I know and likely both will be very good players but not so sure in the role of "small fwd".

Elliott is a tick yep but more so as a marking player then a crumbing small fwd.

Sorry for questioning the omnipresence that is Derek Hine, btw as I said it was a half sarcastic remark he obviously knows his craft but I feel in identifying these 2 areas in particular he seems to be more miss then hit.
Brad Dick was very good and would be very handy now. Just a shame his body was made of glass. Dual sided with very good speed and goal sense. Not Hines fault he had a shocking run with injuries.

Brad Dick was very good and would be very handy now. Just a shame his body was made of glass. Dual sided with very good speed and goal sense. Not Hines fault he had a shocking run with injuries.

Agree - Dick would been Fantastic Now but as you Say Body was too skinny and broke easily:(:cry:

But missed McCarthy
Wouldn't say he missed him, from reports I've heard we were very close to taking him at 10. Until Freeman is fit it's going to be hard to judge whether they got pick 10 wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back