Review Round 12 vs Richmond @ The GABBA (17/8/20 at 7:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

So do you think being behind an opponent most of the night especially last night, one handed stuff is acceptable? Wind back to a couple of games ago his defensive work gave away 2 free kicks down the ground for late tackles . Great to hear other opinions. As I said he will be a very good player but needs to get basics right. Even Dunstall called one of his efforts last night lazy.

I would like to see him get more involved in the contest to get the ground ball more often.. you see him a lot waiting for the easy ball at the back of the pack especially last night in the first half

So do you think being behind an opponent most of the night especially last night, one handed stuff is acceptable? Wind back to a couple of games ago his defensive work gave away 2 free kicks down the ground for late tackles . Great to hear other opinions. As I said he will be a very good player but needs to get basics right. Even Dunstall called one of his efforts last night lazy.
He has work to do to be consistent, as do the majority of 5 game players. What I do think is acceptable is throwing himself into contests to try and impact and wind the ball, along with run down (unrewarded) tackles when his teammates wouldn't or couldn't chase. If you're referring to the mark which he couldn't get to in the last quarter because he was so gassed, and then lacked the concentration to pick the thing up, yeah, that sucked. But that will get better with more preseasons and fitness.

Isolating those key moments and ignoring the good stuff he's been doing is something GC Coaches and supporters have done in the past, but you've got to let him play with the flair. He's been just shy of winning us about three games off his own boot. Think he's doing just fine.

Unfortunately Izak is going to be scrutinised for everything he does, with a line-up of people out there waiting to jump on the kid at the first sign of a mistake.

He is a 7-game rookie who hasn’t been able to build the fitness base to run out a season due to injury. He also chases his heart out week-in, week-out And provides elite defensive pressure.

Last night he looked like he was running on fumes and was trying to use his instincts and flair to make something happen when he was gassed. He made a couple of mistakes, but he will learn from it.

look for him to come home with a wet sail after we get a rest after Friday.

Anderson hasn't re-signed yet if I'm not mistaken. Should be major focus before end of season.
Basically has been.

YOUNG GUN STAYING A SUN

Noah Anderson’s contract extension at Gold Coast through to 2022 is all but done as the Suns continue to lock away exciting talent.

He has continued a lovely first season at the Suns, winning four clearances from his 15 touches against Essendon.

He will want to improve his kicking efficiency, which has gone at only 43 per cent this year, including 22 per cent against St Kilda and 33 per cent against the Dons.

But with Matt Rowell out injured the draft’s No. 2 pick is ticking along nicely.

Very impressed with your mob last night, you stretched us and probably should have put us away in the 2nd quarter. Some really good signs there. Build on that defence, it is insane how many intercept marks you took, very promising. Lukosius, Ballard wow, what talent and Collins is a player youd love to have in your side. Good luck for the rest of the season

Very impressed with your mob last night, you stretched us and probably should have put us away in the 2nd quarter. Some really good signs there. Build on that defence, it is insane how many intercept marks you took, very promising. Lukosius, Ballard wow, what talent and Collins is a player youd love to have in your side. Good luck for the rest of the season
The difference In the end was forward line polish and cohesion.
That just comes with experience.
Dominating the 2nd quarter should have seen us ahead by a bit.
The good news is our team defence allows us to stay in games when the other side has momentum.

Hey I'm curious why do you call lynch bedwetter? Is there a funny story?

No Funny Story. It’s a term used for all the blokes that cried mummy and couldn’t stick out the journey.
Lynch is Captain Bedwetter but there are others such as Prestia is Germball Bedwetter and Caddy is Peaheart Bedwetter and it goes on and on....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Funny Story. It’s a term used for all the blokes that cried mummy and couldn’t stick out the journey.
Lynch is Captain Bedwetter but there are others such as Prestia is Germball Bedwetter and Caddy is Peaheart Bedwetter and it goes on and on....
Still made me laugh but I am disappointed their was no story.

I am also glad that sam collins is doing well at the gold coast.
It's a shame you had to move him on for Pearce & Hamling who are both currently injured now. Pearce is a gun hope he returns and plays a full season! Would love for us to try for him if he ever wanted a scenery change but i doubt that.

It's a shame you had to move him on for Pearce & Hamling who are both currently injured now. Pearce is a gun hope he returns and plays a full season! Would love for us to try for him if he ever wanted a scenery change but i doubt that.
It wasn't only them we drafted griffin logue and brandon cox, both key defenders. Freo supporters thought he had shown enough. Irony is that he turned out to be just as good as hamling, currently better than logue and cox (mind you that might change soon for logue and cox the way they have played this season without support).

It wasn't only them we drafted griffin logue and brandon cox, both key defenders. Freo supporters thought he had shown enough. Irony is that he turned out to be just as good as hamling, currently better than logue and cox (mind you that might change soon for logue and cox the way they have played this season without support).
Love the way Logue goes about it, i was hoping we drafted him in 2016

Love the way Logue goes about it, i was hoping we drafted him in 2016
I love the fact hes only 193 cm which means hes actually a medium size. Capable of covering talls because of his 100kg weight but athletic enough to give somone like charlie cameron a bath.
The reason I love it is because you need a match up in modern footy for dustin martin, patrick dangerfield, jordan degoey, marcus bontempelli, jake stringer when they go forward. Hang on I forgot gary rohan and toby greene.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back