Review Round 14 vs Port Adelaide @ Metricon Stadium (19.06.21 - 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have taken a 50 point loss to Port tbh. And that was before we lost Collins and Dave.

Rowelly starting to play more mid and find form. Should play there all year from now on.

Anyone know what Lachie's injury is? Had the jacket on at the end of the game.

If Dew has half a brain, he keeps Rowell on a wing for the rest of the year to help him stay on the park. He is a boy and should not have to carry the team. Why would you put him in the middle to suffer the crash and bash of big bodies? There is plenty of time for him to move inside.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Dew has half a brain, he keeps Rowell on a wing for the rest of the year to help him stay on the park. He is a boy and should not have to carry the team. Why would you put him in the middle to suffer the crash and bash of big bodies? There is plenty of time for him to move inside.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can help you with the "if Dew had half a brain" bit. He doesn't.

Just watched Dews presser and I’m totally confused, he was calm and measured and I don’t know if that is because he believes we are tracking ok or because he is delusional

he talked about key defensive measures as improving, Graham doing well on Dixon, Bowes holding Allir accountable in the last ( 3 quarters too late)

having been at the ground what I saw was a team without structure, a back six blaming each other in huddles post port goals, a team getting pushed aside as they don’t know how to hold space and make early body contact, a coach unable to inspire or make structural change.

we will lose to NM next week and maybe that is a good thing as it has to bring things to a head. A team that cleaned house and lost its coach and is full of workmanlike players will put the sword to a group of first rounders and heads will have to roll

Just watched Dews presser and I’m totally confused, he was calm and measured and I don’t know if that is because he believes we are tracking ok or because he is delusional

he talked about key defensive measures as improving, Graham doing well on Dixon, Bowes holding Allir accountable in the last ( 3 quarters too late)

having been at the ground what I saw was a team without structure, a back six blaming each other in huddles post port goals, a team getting pushed aside as they don’t know how to hold space and make early body contact, a coach unable to inspire or make structural change.

we will lose to NM next week and maybe that is a good thing as it has to bring things to a head. A team that cleaned house and lost its coach and is full of workmanlike players will put the sword to a group of first rounders and heads will have to roll
To be fair, he has had a wonderful amount of opportunity to work on his post defeat pressers in a very short time

Sorry to intrude but I think the first thing you guys should be targetting in the trade season is some good ol' fashion hard nosed campaigners to support/protect the youngsters, good luck for the rest of the year.
There's a guy called Jacob Townsend in the 2s that would provide that level of protection - and some fear in those around him on the oppo side. Similar player to Holman but a lot tougher towards the opposition players - think Zurharr etc.

Don’t be confused Iva he's delusional.
Every person at the Club l've spoken to has said he is.
Very concerning.

Don’t be confused Iva he's delusional.
Every person at the Club l've spoken to has said he is.
Very concerning.

But

dew was the best candidate out there... whose next in line.. can’t be a first timer like Sam Mitchell.
Need someone with a hard mongrel edge to him

someone who after the club gets flogged gets the boys running laps at 6am the next day...

Is that still allowed? Lol

Well let’s hope the club is doing something about it then, they can’t sit on their hands and pretend everything is okay. The last two weeks of been disgraceful
The players were well aware an extreme microscope was coming after the bye due to previous falling away post bye.
Does anyone seriously think that group is playing like it has confidence in the coach and the game plan. It's brutally obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have always wrecked us, either there or here or in China.

It was like the Dogs game earlier this year - there's a clear gap between us and the top teams. That was honestly the expectation from myself. Port are a team in the frame to win the whole thing. We aren't.

There are just some teams that we have no chance of beating, even if we play well. Port is one of those IMO.

Happy to disagree with everyone else.

If you had asked me at the start of the day if I'd taken a 50 point L without Collins and Dave, I'd go yeah probably.

Not saying it doesn't suck BTW.
I don't accept this bullshit anymore. We are destined to always be losers with this level of expectation.

I'm finally coming around to being concerned with Dew. Putrid.

I doubt that its either a coach thing or a playing group thing entirely. You can can have a great coach and an average playing group or vica versa and things can click or not. Confidence is a massive thing and the first few games this year we played with confidence. We didn't quite get the results and this has affected our belief as a group. Our two most important players at the beginning of the season without doubt were witts and Collins, we lost witts and that hurt and the last two weeks we haven't had either. I dont know first hand what dew is like as a coach but I do know he is a great fella and is absolutely in it with these guys at the moment. The playing and coaching group needs to stick together and be as strong as they can, things can definitely turn around if they believe it. I reckon the same same sort of criticism would have been on goodwin last year and Melbourne have shown what a committed group can achieve together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back