Podcast Round 15 Collingwood Podcast - Having some fun as the train derails

Remove this Banner Ad

Should I post more or try & write better stuff Apex!? What's the advice of the true champ haha. I was just trying to point out that I'm not fake! I'm real man, one account. one love etc.
It's times like these I refer to the greater wisdom of Old El Paso girl
IMG_0174.JPG

The Round 13 Bye Bye Bye podcast is in!

The torture (or beautiful relief, depending on where you sit) of the bye round is almost over and we've taken the opportunity to review parts of the list, look at the best moments of the season so far and naturally take the piss wherever we can as we look ahead to the biggest game of the season to date.

You can find the podcast at iTunes or AudioBoom and we strongly recommend that you tell your friends about it... not because the podcast is good, but because it's important to share things with your friends - they'll think you care, even when you probably don't.

And the podcast is good, so there's also that.

The dreaded bye round has come, giving the group a chance to drink more, get a few chores done around the house and cast a critical eye on the season thus far. Some players on the periphery of the list get a review, we look ahead to the season-defining match against Port Adelaide in Round 14 and take our frustration out on a few of the game’s most annoying commentators and media personalities. Can the pies get the job done over Port? Are finals still alive? Will Chris Mayne be the unlikely hero?

Rundown:

.55: A different kind of podcast intro

1.30:
What did you do during the bye weekend?

5.18:
Where do the pies sit in this bizarre year of football?

12.00:
Mason Cox 2017 Player review

15.34:
Jarryd Blair 2017 Player review

19.21:
Tim Broomhead 2017 Player review

21.08:
Please Stop Doing That: venting on our pet hates in the football world during the bye week

24.30:
Alex Fasolo 2017 Player review

27.36:
Jesse White 2017 Player review

33.45:
The best moments of 2017 so far

38.45:
Levi Greenwood 2017 Player review

41.08:
Brodie Grundy 2017 Player review

42.24:
Tyson Goldsack 2017 Player review

44.08:
Ins and Outs for Round 14 v Port Adelaide. Who comes in for the biggest game of the year?

48.25:
Henry Schade 2017 Player review

50.25:
Jack Crisp 2017 player review

52.30:
Will Hosken-Elliot 2017 Player review

54.05:
Rating the recruits

55.20:
Ben Reid forward or back?

Shameless plugs to people who may appear in this podcast, or have definitely appeared in recent incarnations:

zoomoutchannel7, 1eon, Apex36, Kirby, Quicky, Anzacday, jjsmitty8, Vicky Park, bellpark, SprooseMoose, Smoky (Alan Didak), Big Bryza, ClaytonM, adammania9, pablo disco bar TradeDraft

Enjoy!

Last edited:

The Round 13 Bye Bye Bye podcast is in!

The torture (or beautiful relief, depending on where you sit) of the bye round is almost over and we've taken the opportunity to review parts of the list, look at the best moments of the season so far and naturally take the piss wherever we can as we look ahead to the biggest game of the season to date.

You can find the podcast at iTunes or AudioBoom and we strongly recommend that you tell your friends about it... not because the podcast is good, but because it's important to share things with your friends - they'll think you care, even when you probably don't.

And the podcast is good, so there's also that.

The dreaded bye round has come, giving the group a chance to drink more, get a few chores done around the house and cast a critical eye on the season thus far. Some players on the periphery of the list get a review, we look ahead to the season-defining match against Port Adelaide in Round 14 and take our frustration out on a few of the game’s most annoying commentators and media personalities. Can the pies get the job done over Port? Are finals still alive? Will Chris Mayne be the unlikely hero?

Rundown:

.55: A different kind of podcast intro

1.30:
What did you do during the bye weekend?

5.18:
Where do the pies sit in this bizarre year of football?

12.00:
Mason Cox 2017 Player review

15.34:
Jarryd Blair 2017 Player review

19.21:
Tim Broomhead 2017 Player review

21.08:
Please Stop Doing That: venting on our pet hates in the football world during the bye week

24.30:
Alex Fasolo 2017 Player review

27.36:
Jesse White 2017 Player review

33.45:
The best moments of 2017 so far

38.45:
Levi Greenwood 2017 Player review

41.08:
Brodie Grundy 2017 Player review

42.24:
Tyson Goldsack 2017 Player review

44.08:
Ins and Outs for Round 14 v Port Adelaide. Who comes in for the biggest game of the year?

48.25:
Henry Schade 2017 Player review

50.25:
Jack Crisp 2017 player review

52.30:
Will Hosken-Elliot 2017 Player review

54.05:
Rating the recruits

55.20:
Ben Reid forward or back?

Shameless plugs to people who may appear in this podcast, or have definitely appeared in recent incarnations:

zoomoutchannel7, 1eon, Apex36, Kirby, Quicky, Anzacday, jjsmitty8, Vicky Park, bellpark, SprooseMoose, Smoky (Alan Didak), Big Bryza, ClaytonM, adammania9, pablo disco bar TradeDraft

Enjoy!

Just been listening to this now.

Interesting comments on Cox and his place on the list. I can't agree. Cox has shown every indication of being an AFL quality ruckman. Our list outside of Grundy and Cox has no one who can step up into that role. His tapwork is far above anything Richards and Fanning ever provided, who he was compared to. He's also a stop gap full forward on a list with no key forward depth.

Cox's problem is he is behind Grundy with no hope of clawing past him. So to me the question is more does Cox want to keep playing second fiddle? If he does he stays as some critical ruck depth. I'm not convinced he will, but from a list management perspective i'd be retaining him.

Last edited:
Thanks for your efforts with this, its a great listen every week. You do a really good job making the victories seem sweeter and the losses easier to deal with. And the byes bearable.

But... speaking for myself and all of us who listen through earbuds... are you trying to deafen us/scare the living s**t out of us with those whistle and siren transitions? If yes keep em coming, if not, please make them ever so slightly quieter :fearscream::smile::kissingheart:

Thanks for your efforts with this, its a great listen every week. You do a really good job making the victories seem sweeter and the losses easier to deal with. And the byes bearable.

But... speaking for myself and all of us who listen through earbuds... are you trying to deafen us/scare the living s**t out of us with those whistle and siren transitions? If yes keep em coming, if not, please make them ever so slightly quieter :fearscream::smile::kissingheart:
Hahaha! We've had a word to our editor, I jumped out of my skin at work. It'll be all sorted on the next one :)

On E6653 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just been listening to this now.

Interesting comments on Cox and his place on the list. I can't agree. Cox has shown every indication of being an AFL quality ruckman. Our list outside of Grundy and Cox has no one who can step up into that role. His tapwork is far above anything Richards and Fanning ever provided, who he was compared to. He's also a stop gap full forward on a list with no key forward depth.

Cox's problem is he is behind Grundy with no hope of clawing past him. So to me the question is more does Cox want to keep playing second fiddle? If he does he stays as some critical ruck depth. I'm not convinced he will, but from a list management perspective i'd be retaining him.

Appreciate he can look menacing as a tap-work ruck and he could get a crack as soon as this week after kicking 6 in the goos on Saturday.

But I think more and more, AFL ruckman have to be a 5th midfielder - they have to be a link in the chain, they have to be taking marks around the ground - I don't think Coxy can provide the around-the-ground presence in the short term and to pick up the running patterns and nous could take him another 2-3 years - about the time Grundy and Moore could and should blossoming into the best ruck duo in the competition.

Like you've said - as a back-up to Grundy (and someone outside of the cap), im happy to keep him around, but I think his progress stalled a bit this year and the trend of football has been smaller and smaller forward lines.

Very much hope he proves me wrong, but I'll be surprised if he's at the club next year.

Cheers ppoiter - it was all part of a master plan to deafen the Collingwood community to make them even louder at the football, but I may have gone too far ;).

We're having a week off from the podcast ladies and gents.

Apologies for the break in transmission - it's been logistically impossible to get the team together this week - and zoomoutchannel7 was placed into a mental institution screaming "LAAAAAANGDON" over and over about halfway through the third term and is yet to return.

We'll be back after the win over Hawthorn on Sunday. I'll call upon Elon Musk and 1eon to create an algorithm that sees us still making finals.

Until then, I've prepared an image for everyone to enjoy for the week:

tech problems.jpg

We're having a week off from the podcast ladies and gents.

Apologies for the break in transmission - it's been logistically impossible to get the team together this week - and zoomoutchannel7 was placed into a mental institution screaming "LAAAAAANGDON" over and over about halfway through the third term and is yet to return.

We'll be back after the win over Hawthorn on Sunday. I'll call upon Elon Musk and 1eon to create an algorithm that sees us still making finals.

Until then, I've prepared an image for everyone to enjoy for the week:

View attachment 385825

I hope zoomoutchannel7 returns quickly to full health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only natural of someone who can think as you see evidence change or things get brought to light you were unaware of. Then of course so to will your opinion on it.

You and I may know that a changing opinion is the sign of someone who accepts new evidence and isn't completely stubborn.

I think on this board it's a sign that you 'lost' an argument or were always wrong to begin with.

You and I may know that a changing opinion is the sign of someone who accepts new evidence and isn't completely stubborn.

I think on this board it's a sign that you 'lost' an argument or were always wrong to begin with.

To be fair it can be both depending on the situation.

There maybe evidence that you were always wrong (or wright) and now see it, or it could be you were right but the evidence suggest that you now reassess and see it differently.

Think every argument/discussion/opinion is different.

Last edited:
The Round 15 - Having some fun as the train derails - podcast is in!

After a break in transmission after the loss to Port Adelaide, the group is back and just in time to watch an already-horrible season turn to dust! Yay!

We've got a few options in hard times like these:

- Sook
- Vent
- Argue
- Deny
- Face reality
- Use a bit of reason and logic
- Have some fun with our predicament

We've chosen all of the above.

The Podcast is available at itunes and Audioboom at the links provided and should you have any problems with connection or a subscription, let me know so I can 100% pass the blame on to the very good, very helpful team at BigFooty.

Don't forget to share the podcast with friends, family and hated ones. zoomoutchannel7 and 1eon have committed to providing each new subscriber with a free slab of beer (or bottle of wine, depending on which way you swing).

Days after the ninth loss of the season and realisation that finals is out the door 2017, the group dissects the problems on and off the field, accepts some harsh truths and realities and has some fun with the current predicament. How did we get here again? Is it all Buckley, or is there other factors at play? What kind of message is the club trying to sell us? Why did the Sopranos end the way it did? We take a look at the VFL win, the ongoing selection mysteries, air some grievances like only Frank Costanza can and find the best from social media and BigFooty.

How the podcast breaksdown:

.50 - What have you had trouble accepting in football and life?

7.50 - Did the Hawthorn game tell the story of the 2017 season?

10.02 - Jordan De Goey - a sign of better things to come?

11.50 - The return of Josh Thomas

14.20 - Inspired by Frank Costanza - The Airing of Grievances!

30.45 - The VFL Wrap - drama at Victoria Park!

34.55 - The votes from round 15 - best midfielder, best defender and best forward from the loss

42.50 - Social media wrap with Saliba - the best melts and posts from Facebook, twitter and BigFooty following the loss.

48.50 - The Ins and Outs for Round 16 vs. Essendon.

58.35 - Where would you sit if Nathan Buckley was reappointed in 2018 and beyond?

61.43 - Tips and predictions for round 16 vs Essendon.

Some posters mentioned this week include: good4footy, Smoky, Good_Old (you're not in the podcast, I just wanted to say how much I love your profile pic), Pedro, campbell023, Frank Gallagher, wicksy (poster of the week) and robertg22

God help us at selection tonight!

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 3.14.37 pm.png

I'd just like to point out that since we've started the podcast, Collingwood are unbeaten.

Want Collingwood to keep winning?

Subscribe.

This is on you now. Not us.

Do the right thing.

Don't say we didn't try to warn you guys.

More subscribers = more wins. It's science.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back