Preview Round 17 v Gold Coast Carrara Saturday 9th July 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardly crushing. He's been good and not much more. 20+ odd possessions playing midfield when you have AFL experience is not great. Ross was great when he had 33. Sonsie has had some great halves. Aarts has just worked hard and gets his hands to it but nothing much happens.

I actually like Aarts in some respects. Pound for pound great little fighter, it's just he is out of his weight division at AFL level.
Yeah I think his biggest problem is his decision making with the speed of AFL, he's a momentum killer when we are on the break and often turns it over or gets caught holding the ball. Dunno why we persist with him in AFL I'd much rather us go with a youngster with more upside.

* me I thought we'd finally moved past Aarts. Match committee should have shown a bit more balls and debuted Sonsie.
Why? I’m no fan but Aarts has been our best, or been in the top 2-3 players, in our last three VFL outings. He’s earned his spot/chance imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly crushing. He's been good and not much more. 20+ odd possessions playing midfield when you have AFL experience is not great. Ross was great when he had 33. Sonsie has had some great halves. Aarts has just worked hard and gets his hands to it but nothing much happens.

I actually like Aarts in some respects. Pound for pound great little fighter, it's just he is out of his weight division at AFL level.
But he deserves to be rewarded for being probably our best player in the last few VFL games? I dunno, I just think players that have consistently played well at the lower level should be rewarded if a spot becomes available at senior level. Aarts has done that these last 3-4 weeks imo

But he deserves to be rewarded for being probably our best player in the last few VFL games? I dunno, I just think players that have consistently played well at the lower level should be rewarded if a spot becomes available at senior level. Aarts has done that these last 3-4 weeks imo
There have been other that have played well consistently as well. Aarts has played no game at AFL level above average. What is the harm of trying someone who might play above that level. Stack was unlucky, but for some reason probably wouldn't have been considered. Cunnington easily has earned a crack. Sonise. I'd rather have RCD in that Aarts, he averages much the same at AFL level and has more impact. Dow easily better than Aarts last week and deserves another crack because he actually has a good chance of being a genuine player.

Think Aarts is done at afl level. Will only get a game depending on our injury list.

There have been other that have played well consistently as well. Aarts has played no game at AFL level above average. What is the harm of trying someone who might play above that level. Stack was unlucky, but for some reason probably wouldn't have been considered. Cunnington easily has earned a crack. Sonise. I'd rather have RCD in that Aarts, he averages much the same at AFL level and has more impact. Dow easily better than Aarts last week and deserves another crack because he actually has a good chance of being a genuine player.
I think Cunnington is still out injured isn't he?

Because we see ourselves as a flag chance in 12-weeks time and Aarts form at VFL level over recent games has been far better and more consistent than any of those players you mentioned. We may not like it, but purely on VFL form he should clearly be selected ahead of those players you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
what you are missing is some of us want to invest in growth vs not great performing players with no cieling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back