Preview Round 2, 2020: Geelong v Hawthorn, 12 June 2020, 7.50pm @ GMBHA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impey is fit for selection? Is this his scheduled return date or he looking at an early return?

If he his back then im very excited, he and chad are very exciting to watch

Love Jars but looking at the jumper on him I reckon he may need a few more weeks conditioning

above his eyebrow, that's a minor battle scar.

Interesting place for a fracture. Seems it’s not the eye socket, otherwise they prob would have said and he’d be out for longer. Nearly like a fractured forehead?

Have to admit, I’m surprised. Didn’t realize you could fracture steel.

Yep. It's 3-4. Sick of the club covering this stuff up.

LMFAO nah, i am one to criticize the club for lack of info around injuries but what Larko says means nothing.

The guy constantly gives timelines on injuries he has not seen, unless he has seen and looked at the injury he has no idea and is guessing. He has made a career out of it, he could be right but he could also be talking out of his ass again.

LMFAO nah, i am one to criticize the club for lack of info around injuries but what Larko says means nothing.

The guy constantly gives timelines on injuries he has not seen, unless he has seen and looked at the injury he has no idea and is guessing. He has made a career out of it, he could be right but he could also be talking out of his ass again.
It's a skull fracture. It's weeks mate.

I'm at critical as any on the club about misguided info re injuries but surely they can't say he won't miss training and then effectively won't be available in 3 weeks time.
Would look very poor
Would seem odd to be very strong in saying he will be fine just for him to not train over the next few days... Can hardly claim a setback with an injury like this.

I will trust the club who has looked at him and assessed him over some twitter doctor. Hope it doesn't bite me on the ass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How on earth can someone be cleared to train and then miss 3-4 weeks while the injury is still fresh? Either Jaegar is good to go or we’re awful in telling the truth!

How on earth can someone be cleared to train and then miss 3-4 weeks while the injury is still fresh? Either Jaegar is good to go or we’re awful in telling the truth!

We have been awful at telling the truth for as long as I can remember, the club don’t really have many credits in the bank but this one would take the cake. Surely they can’t release the “minor injury” “won’t miss training” and then he doesn’t play?

Cleared to train, but no contact
Can’t play and have no contact

I understand we get frustrated at the club for being cagey on injuries but they seemed to be very clear on this one.

This is the article from the Hawthorn website: https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/699778/minor-injury-for-o-meara.

GM- Football Graham Wright said the midfielder was lucky to escape any major damage and would fortunately not be required to miss any training.

“Jaeger copped a knock just above his eyebrow in yesterday’s session and scans revealed a minor fracture,” said Wright.

Fortunately for both Jaeger and the club, he won’t require surgery and it won’t impact his ability to train.

“He will continue to train with the group, albeit we will take a cautious approach to his contact work while the fracture heals itself.”

That's an extremely strong stance. I don't see how a player could participate basically fully in training, not require any surgery, but still be in doubt for Round 2? Also keep in mind that Doc Larkin has not even looked at the injury so he doesn't understand the severity or the extent of the damage. His baseline may be skull fracture but he has been completely wrong on injuries before and he's taking an educated guess. I prefer to back the club's assessment especially when they're being this vocal and not just telling us he's 'tracking well'. But geez, if he doesn't get up for Round 2, I don't think I'll ever trust the clubs reporting again.

Disappointing, but seems like he'll be training and back sooner rather than later. For the first time in a long time we can actually cover a midfield injury, not a worry. Can't wait for the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back