Round 2 ... Who Do You Want v Who Do You Think You'll Get

Remove this Banner Ad

Want: Any opponent on the Saturday afternoon so I can take the day off work, dress my 3 month old up in his Hawks onsie and knock back a few hazy IPAs.

Will get: Geelong on the Sunday arvo. Can still do the exact same thing but won't need a day off work.

Thoughts?

Thursday, June 11
Collingwood v Richmond - MCG (7.25pm EST) 7

Friday, June 12
Melbourne v Essendon - MCG (7.50pm EST) 7

Saturday, June 13
Carlton v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium (1.45pm EST)
Sydney Swans v GWS Giants - SCG (4.35pm EST)
Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles - Gabba (7.25pm EST)
Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows - Adelaide Oval (7.40pm EST) 7

Sunday, June 14
Geelong Cats vs. North Melbourne - GMHBA Stadium (1.10pm EST)
St Kilda vs. Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium (3.20pm EST) 7
Gold Coast Suns vs. Fremantle - Metricon Stadium (4.40pm EST)
Piss off! Our last game against Geelong was down there. Should be our home game when we play them this year.

We'll likely get Dogs or Dees, less likely would be Dons, Blues, Hawks, Cats if the AFL wants to schedule those 4 against each other.

Hahaha far more important than the Norf Gypsies

I meant Essendon v Carlton specifically. More to do with Carlton being crap for decades.

It isn't the Big Game it was back in the day, say the 90s.

Piss off! Our last game against Geelong was down there. Should be our home game when we play them this year.

We'll likely get Dogs or Dees, less likely would be Dons, Blues, Hawks, Cats if the AFL wants to schedule those 4 against each other.
Random question, In the original AFL fixture, Did north originally have Geelong twice?

Still..... I cant believe how unlucky North were last year. Sautrday night, August 10th last year, North Kicked 1.8.14. Geelong kicked 9.15.69. North sprayed a few shots. Goldstein got a free kick and kicked a goal from a set shot in the 3rd. Had it been 4.5.29 or 5.4.34 you could say north were bad but kicked a few goals.

Saying that, the next saturday night onAugust 17th. North kicked 22.12.144 to Ports 8.10 58.

Yeah there were some soul searching in that 6-7 day gap. I am curious who was omitted and who cae back from injury. Would of been 4-6 changes inbetween those 2 games though.

Random question, In the original AFL fixture, Did north originally have Geelong twice?

Still..... I cant believe how unlucky North were last year. Sautrday night, August 10th last year, North Kicked 1.8.14. Geelong kicked 9.15.69. North sprayed a few shots. Goldstein got a free kick and kicked a goal from a set shot in the 3rd. Had it been 4.5.29 or 5.4.34 you could say north were bad but kicked a few goals.

Saying that, the next saturday night onAugust 17th. North kicked 22.12.144 to Ports 8.10 58.

Yeah there were some soul searching in that 6-7 day gap. I am curious who was omitted and who cae back from injury. Would of been 4-6 changes inbetween those 2 games though.
Only 2 changes

Outs - Ahern, Wood

Ins - Hrovat, Durdin

Obviously our worst game for the year under shaw. Our ball movement broke down in the wet conditions at he home ground of a good opponent. Who knows, brad may have helped his bro out?

The next week against port we let out all the frustration from the week before against a team that didn’t turn up to play for whatever reason when they had finals on the line.

Edit: also goldy played the best quarter of football you could hope to see from a ruckman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want: St Kilda @ Marvel, since that is the fixture.

COVID want: Dunno. Eastern derby at Metricon I guess.

What we'll get: probably one of the Adelaide teams in Brisbane/GC with lots of arguing over whose game it is.

I still want to see us play Marvel tenants at the MCG and vice versa for the LOLs. But Qld first.
Eagles v Lions is a great contest in theory.

With the shortened quarters they won't anymore. The 4.40pm game will start later, around 6.40pm instead as it'll be scheduled purely to suit TV viewers with no crowd attending.

This is better I think.

Thursday, June 11
Collingwood v Richmond - MCG (7.40pm EST) 7

Friday, June 12
Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows - Adelaide Oval (7.20pm CST) 7

Saturday, June 13
Melbourne v North Melbourne - MCG (2.10pm EST)
Sydney Swans v GWS Giants - SCG (4.35pm EST)
Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles - Gabba (7.40pm EST)
St Kilda v Essendon - Marvel Stadium (7.40pm EST) 7

Sunday, June 14
Carlton v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium (1.05pm EST)
Geelong Cats v Hawthorn - MCG (3.35pm EST) 7
Gold Coast Suns v Fremantle - Metricon Stadium (6.40pm EST)

Posh is no spring chicken either.

Don't count urself out son.

I believe in ya.

Thanks man. It’s good to have support. Now, i reckon to be a chance, i’m gonna need some surgery and find $100 million. You reckon I should start up a go fund me page?

Apparently the Round 2 fixture has been leaked and is stated to be:

Richmond V Collingwood, Thursday night (MCG)

Geelong V Hawthorn, Friday night (TBC)

St Kilda V Bulldogs, TBC (Marvel)

Carlton V Melbourne, TBC (Marvel)

Adelaide V Port, TBC (AO)

Sydney V Essendon, TBC (SCG)

Brisbane V Fremantle, TBC (Gabba)

Gold Coast V West Coast, TBC (Metricon)

GWS V North Melbourne, Sunday (Spotless)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back