Game Day Round 22, GWS Giants vs Fremantle, Sat 20th August, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Im drunk and havent seen most of the game.
Soooo to say im looking forward to watching the recording is an understatement. It will be a joy to watch freo get docked.
Will stay offline so i dont get some points.
Well done to the club. 1 last game then our 1st finals!
You can pretty much skip the 1st qtr if you're short of time. Unless you want to see a Nick Haynes masterclass in how to turn up everywhere the opposition doesn't want you to be

Just watched the replay again and very impressed with our second half.

Haynes is rapidly becoming our MVP. Gee he and Cogs must be fighting out the Sheedy Medal.

Just a couple of guys who are a bit of a watch recently - Heater, Shiel, Kelly, Wilson.

Heater still doing a heap right and an absolute gun but some of his kicking in recent weeks has been very dusty...needs to tidy up before finals.

Shiel is electric when in open space but always looks like he's carrying a shoulder. Know he has that shoulder issue but he can be pushed off too easily and needs to be more diligent when defending. Can also rush kicks.

Kelly is silk but can go MIA frequently. Needs to work harder and use that extreme running power more like T Scully and L Whitfield do.

Wilson has lost some mojo for about a month. Did a couple of customary runs in the 2nd half but still not his early season All Australian type form. Can and must lift for us to be a threat.

Kelly is silk but can go MIA frequently. Needs to work harder and use that extreme running power more like T Scully and L Whitfield do.
There'll be a day when Kelly & Whitfield are both on song. There'll be a day when Cameron & Patton are both on song. If those two days are the same day, watch out!!

Ok seen the game.
1st off Way to go General!!

2nd. Thanks for doing what i asked and taking no prisoners.

Is it just me or do freo hope brisbane and the bombers get a couole of wins.

Anyone think that was the start of another coach killer to notch on our belts?
Knowing Freo, they'll hold onto the hope Lyon will turn things around. Call it escalating commitment to a failing cause...:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a fan of Ross Lyon but who Freo want is up to them I would have thought. I did think he showed class in his press conference yesterday when given a chance to complain about our list and whether Freo will chase Lobb.
Still angry at his claim we couldn't score goals last year when they won by three though.

So good to see Patton get a bag, I have been thinking this could happen since one of the early rounds and it shows how hard it is to come back from multiple injuries
Griffens best game for the Giants, showing what he is capable of and hope he keeps that form for the rest of the season. Only other player worth mentioning for a complete 4 quarter effort would be Haynes,

So good to see Patton get a bag, I have been thinking this could happen since one of the early rounds and it shows how hard it is to come back from multiple injuries. Griffen's best game for the Giants, showing what he is capable of and hope he keeps that form for the rest of the season. Only other player worth mentioning for a complete 4 quarter effort would be Haynes,
I'd add Zac Williams, I thought he was the cleanest player in a fumbly first half, and always made good decisions. And Cogs, despite being less prominent than in past weeks, was quality. FInally, thought Tommo also had a great game throughout.

Still quite a bit of work for LC to do to get the team playing consistently for 4 quarters.

From Rogers Results....

• The 15th highest attendance of 37 Giants' matches at the SydneyShowground. Highest: 21,541 vs Sydney in round 12 this year. Lowest: 5,830 vs Adelaide in round 7 2013.

• 0.2-2. The least scored in a 2nd halve since West Coast's 0.2-2 vs Geelongin round 14 2002. (St Kilda scored 0.2-2 after half-time vs Collingwood in the League's inaugural round of the matches in 1897.)

• The 4th highest margin in a second half over an opponent that scored fewer than three points after half-time. Higher:
    Geelong 12.17-89 vs Fitzroy 0.1-1 in round 9 1966.
    Melbourne 12.14-86 vs Hawthorn 0.2-2 in round 9 1926.
    Geelong 13.7-85 vs Nth Melbourne 0.2-2 in round 13 1956.

For us....

Fremantle is now one of eight opponents that it has won its last two matches against with Hawthorn being the only one currently in the top 8.

Its greatest last quarter margin. Previous: 35 points vs Sydney in round 1 2014 - 6.4-40 vs 0.5-5.

The least that it has conceded in a second half. Previous: 1.5-11 vs Melbourne in round 2 2015.

Its 7th win by 10 goals or more this year - the most of any team. Next most:Adelaide, Sydney, and West Coast six each.

Its 7th win in all four quarters this year - the most of any team. Next most: Adelaide and Sydney six each.

Its percentage after 21 matches this year is 142.5% after 21 matches in 2012 it was 45.1%.

And for Fremantle....

The least it has scored in a second half. Previous: 0.5-5 vs Geelong in round 20 2004.

Only the second time that it has lost four consecutive matches by 40 points or more (lost last four by 90, 46, 72, and 92 points). Previous: Rounds 9-12 2000 (lost by 65, 88, 93, and 59 points).

The 19th venue that it has played matches at for premiership points 1995-2016 and the 14th that it has lost its first match at.

Its 4th loss in all four quarters this year. It lost a total of four matches in all four quarters 2012-15.

Its 4th loss by 10 goals or more this year. It lost three matches by 10 goals or more 2012-15.

The 5th time that its score has been more than doubled this year - its 2nd most times in a season after seven times in 2000.

57.14% of its scores this year have been under 70 points. Its previous highest percentage for a season was 40.91% in 1998.

From Rogers Results(
  • 0.2-2. The least scored in a 2nd halve since West Coast's 0.2-2 vs Geelongin round 14 2002. (St Kilda scored 0.2-2 after half-time vs Collingwood in the League's inaugural round of the matches in 1897.)

This is my all time favourite stat.

Fremantle haven't improved the game since 1897!

They are that bad, they have taken us back 119 years.

What a bunch of flogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back