VFL Round 22 v Carlton. Sunday Aug 21st. MCG @ 11:45am (double-header with AFL game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pluses: McMahon looking very good and Is going to be a bonus next season. Kelly, wasn’t horrible, Cal very good at this level and Carmichael is an absolute bull. He’ll be full time AFL next season.

For the Final we get Henry back, Fin who knows who else it depends if they want to give anyone an extra game. Freddy might be back, anyone can play I think because both teams are in the finals? Not sure.

McMahon and ruscoe were solid. Kelly took couple of good grabs but did Kelly Things. Carmy was solid. Not much else to like tbh. We never had a forward line. Henry really did at least provide a target. Hopefully Freddy can get back and have an impact

There was negativity about him even being on the list next year from certain posters - I am not interested in naming names, but there was certainly impatience and a lack of eye for his talent
That was pretty early in the year. I suspect most are more optimistic now.

McMahon and ruscoe were solid. Kelly took couple of good grabs but did Kelly Things. Carmy was solid. Not much else to like tbh. We never had a forward line. Henry really did at least provide a target. Hopefully Freddy can get back and have an impact
What about C. Brown? He worked hard all day and seems up to it. He's AFL standard in the right position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was negativity about him even being on the list next year from certain posters - I am not interested in naming names, but there was certainly impatience and a lack of eye for his talent
I think it’s more the rumours of our aggressive trade period and people recognising list spots are going to be tight to facilitate that.

On the McMahon thread I made the point that the switch down back was a last chance… as he had not trained down back in the preseason and for the first round or two of the VFL he played forward

Another poster made the point that with his naturally skinny build he was never going to have the body to play as a key forward… and therefore questioned why he was drafted as one

But 6 months is a long time in footy.

E.g 3 months ago Johnson was a mystery… and 9 months ago most people would have delisted Murphy

But i think we’re all happy McMahon has the skill and the drive to take his opportunity ✅

On the McMahon thread I made the point that the switch down back was a last chance… as he had not trained down back in the preseason and for the first round or two of the VFL he played forward

Another poster made the point that with his naturally skinny build he was never going to have the body to play as a key forward… and therefore questioned why he was drafted as one

But 6 months is a long time in footy.

E.g 3 months ago Johnson was a mystery… and 9 months ago most people would have delisted Murphy

But i think we’re all happy McMahon has the skill and the drive to take his opportunity ✅

VFL Watchers knew Johnson was a Gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back