Preview Round 23, 2019: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn, 24 August 2019, 8.10pm @ Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we're competitive this weekend, Finals won't happen because even if we pull off a huge upset I can't see the Crows winning in Ballarat.
This is why you don't risk Lewis. We need other results to all go right as well as us winning.
Wouldn't be surprised if they left Scrim in the VFL and hope he gets to play finals.
Bring him in for this and he's not eligible

This is why you don't risk Lewis. We need other results to all go right as well as us winning.
Wouldn't be surprised if they left Scrim in the VFL and hope he gets to play finals.
Bring him in for this and he's not eligible
Agree. As much as I'd like Scrimshaw back this makes more sense. It's Walker time. At the very worst it'll put fire in his belly to fuel his pre-season.

Seeming more and more likely that we'll get another debutant this week. Would love for it to be Walker, as I think West Coasts big bodied defense would quite literally snap Ross in half. Really hoping Ross has a big off season to put on some mass!
I think we'll run with BB and Cegs again, with BB taking more of a defensive role again. As much as I'd love to win this one, I'm also happy for us to gather as much information as possible.

It'll also be interesting to see how everyone performs considering this could well be the last game in the brown and gold for a few stalwarts of the club.

I guess I would prefer that the team go in with the strongest line-up possible rather than putting in some debs, unless they may be trade bait I suppose. I know the chances of the Hawks making the finals are incredibly slim, particularly since we are relying on Adelaide to play their best (only?) good game of the season. Still, I would like us to play to make it. Go down swinging.

Does TOB now become the focal point?
Howe in for Roughy, we need to beat them at clearances, deny supply to their forwards and hope for some dogs s**t in Ballarat.

Crows are a dead duck not playing for the coach, wouldn't be surprised if the Dogs win that by 60+

Frawley vs Kennedy
Stratton vs Darling
Sicily vs Waterman
Hardwick vs Cripps
Burgoyne vs Rioli
Jiath vs Ryan

IN: Walker, Howe

OUT: Roughead (retired), Hanrahan (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Jiath, Sicily, Burgoyne

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Gunston, O’Brien

F: Breust, Ceglar, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Scully, Howe, Walker, Nash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley vs Kennedy
Stratton vs Darling
Sicily vs Waterman
Hardwick vs Cripps
Burgoyne vs Rioli
Jiath vs Ryan

IN: Walker, Howe

OUT: Roughead (retired), Hanrahan (omitted)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Jiath, Sicily, Burgoyne

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Wingard, Gunston, O’Brien

F: Breust, Ceglar, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Scully, Howe, Walker, Nash
What's forgotten in these match-ups is Stratton wasn't playing last time and Darling was the matchwinner. Generally does a decent job on Darling which could go a long way for us to be in this till the end. Reckon we have the ascendancy in the Ruck which in turn hopefully benefits our mids. We're actually better on paper this time around bar Mitch Lewis not being out there.

I don't reckon Crows have the intestinal fortitude to take it up to the Doggies at a miserably weathered Ballarat. I expect them to roll over.
There's been some real heat in the media about the crows in SA. They are on the nose big-time. You would think with the negativity hanging over their heads there is some sort of response from the team because on their day they can beat the dogs. Still a reasonable chance to play finals too if they win so it's not as if there is nothing to play for.

Part of this is going to sting but the best results for us this weekend would be;

Hawks beat Eagles by around 20 points would be good, obviously.
Crows beat Dogs by anything under 10 goals.
Port win by less than 70 points or lose.
This is the stinger, * to beat Collingwood.

This would leave West Coast in 4th and Collingwood in 5th. Therefore we would get Hawks v Pies first week at MCG instead of West Coast in Perth!

Will be the first time in a long long time that I won't be disappointed with a * win!!

Part of this is going to sting but the best results for us this weekend would be;

Hawks beat Eagles by around 20 points would be good, obviously.
Crows beat Dogs by anything under 10 goals.
Port win by less than 70 points or lose.
This is the stinger, * to beat Collingwood.

This would leave West Coast in 4th and Collingwood in 5th. Therefore we would get Hawks v Pies first week at MCG instead of West Coast in Perth!

Will be the first time in a long long time that I won't be disappointed with a * win!!

A 1-10 point win against West Coast would see our percentage stay the same. That means Port Adelaide will have to beat Fremantle by at least 50 points. With Fremantle sacking Lyon this week who knows how they will approach that game. Adelaide just have to win irrespective of margin.

What's forgotten in these match-ups is Stratton wasn't playing last time and Darling was the matchwinner. Generally does a decent job on Darling which could go a long way for us to be in this till the end. Reckon we have the ascendancy in the Ruck which in turn hopefully benefits our mids. We're actually better on paper this time around bar Mitch Lewis not being out there.
Disagree, Impey and Lewis are two massive outs from last time

Eagles are a great team but can go missing for periods, relying on bursts, not least from small forwards

Its how well we deny them in their bursts, and stay close on the scoreboard, finishing withsome crafty work ar the knock

Well probably lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back