Game Day Round 23: Essendon vs Richmond - MCG - Saturday 20/08/2022 @ 7:20 PM

Do we get within 10 goals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the scapegoat people use so we can avoid talking about the soft performances from our Vice Captain, who has been nowhere to be seen the last 2 weeks, and the rest of our midfield. Parish is a problem, not the problem.
I’ve been the first to call out Zach and was calling him out before parish because he believes he is captain material. He’s no captain.

In- Reid, Jones, Voss, Menzie
Out- Heppell, Kelly, Bryan, Hind

B- McGrath Zerk-Thatcher Laverde
HB- Ridley Reid Redman
C- Martin Shiel Langford
HF- Stringer Jones Voss
F- Menzie Wright Guelfi
FOLL- Draper Merrett Parish
I/C- Caldwell, Perkins, Hobbs, Durham
Sub- Ambrissio

In- Hurley, Hobbs
Out- Bryan, Hind

I think Bryan needs to be dropped. I'm tempted to bring in Phillips, but Hurley should get a farewell game and will be playing forward, so maybe let Wright be back up ruck. Bring back Hobbs and make Hind the Sub.

I know it's not a lot of changes after a drubbing, but unless they want another look at Cutler, Waterman etc then it's no point bringing any of those back. Get one last look at this group and see who's willing to put in, tell them that none are safe and whoever gives half arsed efforts will be on the block at trade time.

OUT: Hind, Stringer, Bryan, Guelfi (SUB)
IN: Hobbs, Reid, Hurley, Menzie

Team:

Lav Zerk Hurley
Ridley Redman McGrath
Durham Shiel Heppell
Martin Langford Parish
Reid 2MP Menzie

Draper Caldwell Merrett

Bench: Perkins Hobbs Kelly D'Ambrosio
SUB: Guelfi

Sad that what will almost certainly be Hurley’s final game will be a paddling for a team that has patently put the cue in the rack.

Pretty much the only motivation I have right now for going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's the last one for the year?
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Is it just me but I cannot see why we would waste valuable game time to give Hurley a send off game. What is the point?

Get games in to kids.

We are not a charity shop. This is why we've been mediocre for a decade. We've been too nice and to gift someone a game that will not be part of the future and should have retired at the start of the year.

Heck, he hasn't even called time on his career yet so you just never know what the thinking is.

Is it just me but I cannot see why we would waste valuable game time to give Hurley a send off game. What is the point?

Get games in to kids.

We are not a charity shop. This is why we've been mediocre for a decade. We've been too nice and to gift someone a game that will not be part of the future and should have retired at the start of the year.

Heck, he hasn't even called time on his career yet so you just never know what the thinking is.
Forget about a farewell game, I’d bring him in for better leadership.

Any chance the coach killer effect comes into play? Would be kind of nice to give one back to Richmond after all the shellacking games in recent memory

If I was Mick I'm not sure I'd be wanting it.
We could have one of those "come out breathing fire because the coach got sacked" games that other teams have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back