Game Day Round 3, 2017: Adelaide vs Port - The Fate of the Furious - Showdown 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe... but it would be the only plan B that anyone at Port has had for 3 years.
Just noticed that Ricky Henderson had 29 touches and Jarryd Lyons had 30 touches in the Suns v Hawks game . We could do with Henderson in place of Kelly and I guess Lyons position has been taken by Hampton who hasn't gathered more than 20 possessions in a game thus far.

So some caller rings in 5AA and claims Knight said something to Ryder about the doping saga, so I'd like to know how this caller would know?

Or it's some random whose rang in to throw up a smokescreen and they've fallen for it?

What's more likely? I go with B

Sledging the drug cheats is something I hope happens all throughout the season. We should sledge every drug cheat that takes the field next week at every opportunity

We could do with Henderson in place of Kelly

I8kq0uJ.gif

Just noticed that Ricky Henderson had 29 touches and Jarryd Lyons had 30 touches in the Suns v Hawks game . We could do with Henderson in place of Kelly and I guess Lyons position has been taken by Hampton who hasn't gathered more than 20 possessions in a game thus far.

First of all, any suggestion that involves Ricky Henderson in place of anyone ever is wrong. He is a complete disaster. 29 useless touches for his useless side in a 90 point drubbing at the hands of another useless side doesn't actually mean he'd slot right in for us. He's a proven squib, and delisting him was absolutely the right call. No further discussion required.

As for Lyons, I like him and I've always liked him, but we are prioritising pace. He unfortunately does not possess pace. With our current game plan, he and Matt Crouch simply can not co-exist. We've elected to take a younger, more explosive Poholke on the list, and one of Hampton or Greenwood in the current 22 at Lyons' expense and look towards the future. I don't think we can really say that decision is looking too bad at this point.

Just when he couldn't get any whackier, Janus said rd 3 is not the round you don't want to be nice as they will meet us in the finals and then surprise us by not being nice o_O

This from the same flog that said they would beat up on us in rd 2 in 2016 o_O:huh::$

There's also the thing, not be nice in a final and you risk missing the next final.

He truly is a nut job

Over on the Port Adelaide Franchise Clubs board all they can talk about is Camerons "late" bump on that spud.

Watch the crying that happens when no one looks at it and nothing is said about it cause we see this in every game ever played.

Over on the Port Adelaide Franchise Clubs board all they can talk about is Camerons "late" bump on that spud.

Watch the crying that happens when no one looks at it and nothing is said about it cause we see this in every game ever played.
I would think it needs to be looked at and will be looked at. Any penalty will be on the minor end of the scale if any. If a Port player did this we'd be wanting it looked at while Port supporters would be lauding the hard play on an Adelaide player. It's football.

Just when he couldn't get any whackier, Janus said rd 3 is not the round you don't want to be nice as they will meet us in the finals and then surprise us by not being nice o_O

This from the same flog that said they would beat up on us in rd 2 in 2016 o_O:huh::$

There's also the thing, not be nice in a final and you risk missing the next final.

He truly is a nut job

To be fair to jANUS their entire board is full of deluded nut jobs who suffer from sociopathic disorders.

No. Hendo still cant defend. He could always get the cheap ball and is pretty good with ball in hand. So is his opponent.

The fact he is playing for Hawthorn is a big part of their problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kind of funny reading them cry about how that bump disruoted their momentum.

Especially when they bleat "their" about history.

Real Port were the masters at upsetting a team physically when the opponent got a run on or momentum and use it to turn the game. Nit just at league level but something instilled even at junior ranks.

Seeing us do it (with us scoring a goal almost straight afterwards) and them cry about it is glorious.

Their salty tears taste so good. I think they chose the wrong INXS song to sing.
Bitter tears would be more appropriate for Power games. Maybe they can sing this all together after the game.

Kind of funny reading them cry about how that bump disruoted their momentum.

Especially when they bleat "their" about history.

Real Port were the masters at upsetting a team physically when the opponent got a run on or momentum and use it to turn the game. Nit just at league level but something instilled even at junior ranks.

Seeing us do it (with us scoring a goal almost straight afterwards) and them cry about it is glorious.

This is the team that started a melee at qtr time of most games last year to stamp their authority (and would then end up getting smashed)

Precious little bunch over there. To be expected when your hard man is a 3 gamer who can't bump without winding himself.

So glad we didn't. The franchise needed to do something to bring the "supporters" back to games after the tarp years so they could all feel warm and fuzzy. Crows don't need that s**t. The game itself is the entertainment for me not some manufactured pre game hype that only ends in "egg on face" when you lose.
The 'we fly as one' Walshy team first attitude is the one we should stay with until we win our next flag at least. Live and breathe it, not just give it lip service like 'we never ever give up'

1436678439609.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think it needs to be looked at and will be looked at. Any penalty will be on the minor end of the scale if any. If a Port player did this we'd be wanting it looked at while Port supporters would be lauding the hard play on an Adelaide player. It's football.
Did they mention...
CjNZ8B5UoAAZoHH.jpg
Or
proxy.jpg

If they want a sniper...

This is the team that started a melee at qtr time of most games last year to stamp their authority (and would then end up getting smashed)

Precious little bunch over there. To be expected when your hard man is a 3 gamer who can't bump without winding himself.
There's something about that club that turns normal blokes into chest puffing, trash talking w***ers. Players and supporters alike.

It may have worked in the 80s, but all the bravado in the world won't win you a game of modern Aussie rules.

I've never seen a side so fraught with emotion. They completely rely on it. Not just on field but off it as well. Their club is trying to live to a tradition that has no relevance to their AFL club and they can't replicate it, because that tradition was built in another time and in another comp.

Until they leave the mantras and creeds and the manufactured rubbish behind, they'll never be successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back