Game Day Round 3, 2017: Adelaide vs Port - The Fate of the Furious - Showdown 42

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the morons asked what set Ryder off, wondered if a doping or racist comment was made.

WTF you ******* cretin. He spat the dummy because he got knocked into.
Ryder should get doping sledges every minute of every game until he retires. No place for drug cheats in our game.

Read a bit about The Portress during the week.
How's it holding up?
A few cracks here and there?

Adelaide oval win/loss record
Adelaide 27-11
Port Power 23-17

Our first season at the oval we loss 6 games including ports home showdown, meaning we've gone 21-5 since 2014. Its the Crowval, the portress is a myth from a bygone eara

Tell you what Power do do better than the Crows. Lead up to the game. I am not even talking about the "never tear us apart" part either.....although I do love it. From a supporter perspective they do it very well. kudos where it is due.

I go to the footy every second week to watch my team play good, hard, high skilled footy with the expectation of a win, not for wanky pre game entertainment with a British soccer sing along.

For sure. You ramped up your intensity (+28 contested on your average for the year) which took the ball away from us (-15 contested on our average for the year). You knew you needed to match us on the inside and you did, and that allowed you to lock the ball in.

Like I said, I was impressed. It was a good game.
Its not the end for Port. I like their defence. Byrne-jones and Houston looked player for the future. Powel-pepper is a gun. Not his best game the sign are there.

Tell you what Power do do better than the Crows. Lead up to the game. I am not even talking about the "never tear us apart" part either.....although I do love it. From a supporter perspective they do it very well. kudos where it is due.
Not having a go, just genuinely curious what you saw that made it so good? I was there about 40 minutes before the bounce and didn't notice anything special.

We tried the Its My Life a few years back. Loved the song but our promotion of it on game day was poor. We should have kept it up and improved on it.

The reason you didn't play your systems is because we didn't allow you to play your systems and Port's response was Ken's only plan B "push the Hoff behind the ball"

Good Oppositions teams will be able to slow Port down and not allow you to play your systems however at the moment Port have no plan B

#portonetrickpony
Basically , we are better than they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So some caller rings in 5AA and claims Knight said something to Ryder about the doping saga, so I'd like to know how this caller would know?

Or it's some random whose rang in to throw up a smokescreen and they've fallen for it?

What's more likely? I go with B

So what if he did though? Sounds like a perfect sledge to me. It's up to Ryder to have the maturity to not start throwing punches because someone said something he didn't like.

So what if he did though? Sounds like a perfect sledge to me. It's up to Ryder to have the maturity to not start throwing punches because someone said something he didn't like.
Might cop a few more now

For sure. You ramped up your intensity (+28 contested on your average for the year) which took the ball away from us (-15 contested on our average for the year). You knew you needed to match us on the inside and you did, and that allowed you to lock the ball in.

Like I said, I was impressed. It was a good game.

According to your own coach you did play your system but we were just too good.

"We played to the ways we have worked hard on" Hinkley said. "But you also have to pay credit to the Crows for MAKING us play slow. That's what pressure does'.

Direct quote from Hinkley in the Sunday Mail today. You got outplayed. Go eat a banana.

We'll see by the end of the year who knows what. We didn't play any of our systems tonight.

And yeah, I saw that. I also saw him hit Houston after he disposed of the ball and no down field free was given. Sometimes luck can be mistaken for success.
Blah blah blah. Like most of your rhetoric.

So some caller rings in 5AA and claims Knight said something to Ryder about the doping saga, so I'd like to know how this caller would know?

Or it's some random whose rang in to throw up a smokescreen and they've fallen for it?

Just like there were excuses for the banana thrower because Eddie 'shouldn't have incited the crowd'. Pathetic.

We'll see by the end of the year who knows what. We didn't play any of our systems tonight.

And yeah, I saw that. I also saw him hit Houston after he disposed of the ball and no down field free was given. Sometimes luck can be mistaken for success.
What do the Tarot cards say?

I pulled a a card out of a deck asking about your season.

I got the Joker....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You know what, GOOD! I hope he did say something about the drug saga (I'm pretty sure it is BS)
He was involved by choice in one of the biggest systematic drug cheating events in professional sport. I'm sure the Chinese swimming team were taking notes. When they were smashing teams in the 1st half of 2012 I didn't see him or any other of the 35 put their hands up and say "hang on this is dodgy" so stiff cookies. Essendon and the players got off lightly! Still no penalties to the club for the drugs, only for governance issues. The AFL and AFL media have done one hell of a con job trying to water this one down. If Warnie get 12 months for cough medicine then the 35 were kissed on the dick by the luck fairy (commonly known as the big D).
For this he smashes the guy in the face with a coward punch that has many organisations spending time and money to warn the common man that it is just wrong and can kill, and he comes out and inspires the great unwashed that it is an acceptable act.
END RANT!

We tried the Its My Life a few years back. Loved the song but our promotion of it on game day was poor. We should have kept it up and improved on it.

So glad we didn't. The franchise needed to do something to bring the "supporters" back to games after the tarp years so they could all feel warm and fuzzy. Crows don't need that s**t. The game itself is the entertainment for me not some manufactured pre game hype that only ends in "egg on face" when you lose.

I said this last night (or this morning, whatever)...

Whether Knight said anything or not, Ryder should cop doping sledges every minute of every game until he retires. Why should drug cheats get off easy?

I'd actually be disappointed if he wasn't sledged by us last night.

Knight was just practicing for this week :D

Maybe... but it would be the only plan B that anyone at Port has had for 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back