Game Day Round 3, 2017: Adelaide vs Port - The Fate of the Furious - Showdown 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Johnson: "The Crows another big win in a Showdown at AAMI Stadium."

Victorians...

giphy.gif

Good win but I felt that we played fairly poorly and never at any stage got our running game going. Sloane was epic, the spiritual leader of our club. Port did a very good job of dragging us down to their level, so you have to give them their due. Jenkins is needed with gov out for at least a month. We are lacking pace and skills in the backline and Cheney and Doedee need to come in for Kelly and Otten imo. Ryder will get 2 to 3 for his coward punch. Weak effort by him.
This. This indeed. However, class will mostly win in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where due...Pear played better than I thought possible.
Still should have won by a lot more...goes for all three games so far. I reckon there is a fair bit of improvement left in our Crows.
Again Port have played out of their skin in a showdown. Credit to them for being able to do that most times they play a showdown. But that is the best they've got, and we were pretty ordinary for parts of the game. Our upside is huge, bloody huge.

Are you ever embarrassed when you read these posts and compare them to reality?

Nope. I stand by every single word. I said you could win, and yes, I am surprised, because I didn't expect you to be so committed to the contest. And guess what? I'm not in the least bit concerned.

All it means is we are 2-1 now having lost to a side that played better than us on the night by taking their chances when they needed to. I don't need your validation the way you seem to need mine :p

Good win but I felt that we played fairly poorly and never at any stage got our running game going. Sloane was epic, the spiritual leader of our club. Port did a very good job of dragging us down to their level, so you have to give them their due. Jenkins is needed with gov out for at least a month. We are lacking pace and skills in the backline and Cheney and Doedee need to come in for Kelly and Otten imo. Ryder will get 2 to 3 for his coward punch. Weak effort by him.
The fact that we didn't get our running game going might be seen as a plus since we still pulled out the win. Showing that we're not a one trick pony with these hard wins, and makes us all the more dangerous.

Couple of weird things at the end:
  • Ryder and Knight have a head clash? Ryder then kinda shoves and hits knight to the ground? What? Why? Pretty much the free + goal is enough penalty. Strange.
Assumption from the commentators was they might have bumped heads when Knight ran past, Ryder thought it was a deliberate hit, rather than an accidental clash and then responded in the way he did.

Nope. I stand by every single word. I said you could win, and yes, I am surprised, because I didn't expect you to be so committed to the contest. And guess what? I'm not in the least bit concerned.

All it means is we are 2-1 now having lost to a side that played better than us on the night by taking their chances when they needed to. I don't need your validation the way you seem to need mine :p
Your validation? Nah I just like pointing out you know s**t. Remember before the game you said you'd play Otten in the forward line and defence and I said nah, he will stay up forward. Remember when I said you wouldn't be able to cope with our contested marking up forward? Well I was right on both counts.

Can you name one thing you got right pregame?

By the way, did you see Charlie burn off SPP? SPP couldn't lay a glove on him, wasn't SPP supposed to take him out?

Can you please tell us again about how Port are going to expose the "overrated" Crows.

giphy.gif
"

The fact that we didn't get our running game going might be seen as a plus since we still pulled out the win. Showing that we're not a one trick pony with these hard wins, and makes us all the more dangerous.

Assumption from the commentators was they might have bumped heads when Knight ran past, Ryder thought it was a deliberate hit, rather than an accidental clash and then responded in the way he did.

Yeah on the broadcast it looked like an accident bump of heads initially which sparked Ryder off.

When they showed the replay on fox footy they suggested that Ryder may have hit Knight in the head with a left fist, but it was very hard to tell on the vision.

Your validation? Nah I just like pointing out you know s**t. Remember before the game you said you'd play Otten in the forward line and defence and I said nah, he will stay up forward. Remember when I said you wouldn't be able to cope with our contested marking up forward? Well I was right on both counts.

Can you name one thing you got right pregame?

By the way, did you see Charlie burn off SPP? SPP couldn't lay a glove on him, wasn't SPP supposed to take him out?

We'll see by the end of the year who knows what. We didn't play any of our systems tonight.

And yeah, I saw that. I also saw him hit Houston after he disposed of the ball and no down field free was given. Sometimes luck can be mistaken for success.

You talked such a big game for Port, and Port played out of their skin as they usually do in showdowns. They still weren't good enough to beat the Crows who had an average game by our standard. All that huffity puff puffity is just that. Sad really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back