Preview Round 5, 2021: North Melbourne vs Geelong @ GMHBA Stadium | Sunday, April 18 @ 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey should be out once Dumont is back next week

The only players I don’t rate from our side is bailey Mahony and Campbell everyone else doesn’t cop it from me

So you bag Mahony for being a plodder but want Tyson in.
Oh you have no idea.

I know thankfully garners finally back fit.

He’s been in full training and has played all the vfl practice matches this year
I don't think this is a reliable indication that he is fit, just between injuries

So here's my two cents worth:

Noble is trying to build a system, so chopping and changing has not been his thing; he wants continuity and thus changes have been kept to a minimum apart from those necessitated by injury.

That will continue, so I expect Josh Walker will come in for LMac down back. Campbell might even continue, but personally I think Xerri has done enough and obviously provides more up side.

The interesting one will be Taylor or Garner for Zurhaar. Again, Curtis Taylor is the future, but for me, right now, I'd be going with Garner, because he will make the young running mids walk taller. In the VFL, Garner is proving a first class forward distributor, because his teammates know what they will get - Garner will either mark it, and hand off to runners, or he will provide a thumping contest, so the ball remains in play. Either way, young runners can go to him knowing there's another phase in play going forward.

So for me:

Out: LMac (inj.), Zurhaar (inj.), Campbell (omitted)
In: Josh Walker, Xerri, Garner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So here's my two cents worth:

Noble is trying to build a system, so chopping and changing has not been his thing; he wants continuity and thus changes have been kept to a minimum apart from those necessitated by injury.

That will continue, so I expect Josh Walker will come in for LMac down back. Campbell might even continue, but personally I think Xerri has done enough and obviously provides more up side.

The interesting one will be Taylor or Garner for Zurhaar. Again, Curtis Taylor is the future, but for me, right now, I'd be going with Garner, because he will make the young running mids walk taller. In the VFL, Garner is proving a first class forward distributor, because his teammates know what they will get - Garner will either mark it, and hand off to runners, or he will provide a thumping contest, so the ball remains in play. Either way, young runners can go to him knowing there's another phase in play going forward.

So for me:

Out: LMac (inj.), Zurhaar (inj.), Campbell (omitted)
In: Josh Walker, Xerri, Garner

Garner is on the list to be used. If fit - he plays. None of the other marking half-forwards have any kind of form to lock him out of the side.

Out: Zurhaar, Lukey, Mahony, Turner
In: Garner, Atu, Xerri, Taylor

Both Mahony and Turner need to go back to the two’s, find some ball, hit some targets and get on the scoreboard - endeavour is good, willingness to get involved fantastic but their lack of skill is really hurting us. Too many of our scoring chains end with a final kick from either of these two and it’s not up to little league level.

B: Bonar - McKay - Hall
HB: Thomas - Ziebell - Bosenavulagi
C: Powell - Cunnington - Lazzaro
HF: Scott - Xerri - Taylor
FF:Garner- Larkey - Stephenson
R: Goldstein - LDU - Simpkin

I/C: Phillips Atley Campbell Hayden
Sub:Young

Last edited:
This week will be a real character-building game for the team. Yesterday was an invaluable step forward, as it showed that we’re making forward progress. Going toe to toe with a chastened Geelong, who get a rested, fired up Dangerfield back is as tough a challenge imaginable, especially down there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Garner is on the list to be used. If fit - he plays. None of the other marking half-forwards have any kind of form to lock him out of the side.

well I think that's the bit that will be interesting; remember Garner got his extension prior to Noble's appointment, so if the coach is thinking ahead a few years, he might go for Taylor. Anyways, for me it would be Garner right now, because I think he would be invaluable for Powell, Phillips, Charlie, Stephenson etc

In some very, very good news, we can procure Away Member tickets today at $50. An absolute steal at that price.

I think I might buy 10 and donate them back to Cookie, in his last year at the helm of the GMHBA Stadium, so he can sell them again and rip off a few more people.

Then again I might just stick 10 pins in my eyes. A more enjoyable experience, that if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back