• Draw

• Brisbane by 1-24

• Brisbane by 25-49

• Brisbane by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronke comes out for either Buddy (if fit) or Hayward (if fit). I highly doubt both will be ready to go, but if they are, then they come in to replace Blakey, who really just needs a solid block of confidence in the NEAFL.

Clarke was simply not up to it. 27% DE. Don’t see how he can possibly survive that. COR comes in for Clarke and maybe pushes Lloyd up to the wing (who am I kidding?) And if Horse is feeling particularly cut throat, I wouldn’t be against him bringing in Fox and sending Mills to the NEAFL, as at least Fox and COR would provide a lot more rebound than Clarke and Mills.

So my ideal potential changes:
IN - Buddy, Hayward, COR, Fox
OUT - Blakey, Ronke, Clarke, Mills

Not sure why most want blakey in the twos, clearly a rebuild year. Blakey is hitting scoreboard most weeks and two last night. Getting goals on talent alone despite not being physically able to outwrestle a pot plant.

As its a write off year, get 18-20 games into him, let him physically develop over the off season and watch him go next year with a season of experience behind him

Ya know what confuses the **** out of me? How some believe the only way Rowbottom would get games was if he was played as a forward, because we had a midfield too difficult to crack into.

Well **** me dead if our current midfield is hard to crack into Rowbottom might as well find a new career choice cause no club in the comp will be able to fit him in their midfield!

Ya know what confuses the **** out of me? How some believe the only way Rowbottom would get games was if he was played as a forward, because we had a midfield too difficult to crack into.

Well **** me dead if our current midfield is hard to crack into Rowbottom might as well find a new career choice cause no club in the comp will be able to fit him in their midfield!

Who said anything about too difficult to crack? Not sure I have read that.

Whether he could run out a full game of AFL footy as a midfielder? Very doubtful and shouldn’t be expected of an 18 yo.

Rowbottom isnt ready for senior midfield action yet, not a knock on him but very few first year players are. His form in neafl warranted selection but it doesnt do him any favours to pick him and not play his natural role. How do you develop when you dont get the opportunity to compare yourself to others and get to the level required.

More beneficial to bite the bullet,play him in the mids in spurts and rest on the bench. Not massive game time but at least he gets a taste of what is required rather than just run around aimlessly playing a position he has never played just for the sake of registering an afl game next to his name

Who said anything about too difficult to crack? Not sure I have read that.

Whether he could run out a full game of AFL footy as a midfielder? Very doubtful and shouldn’t be expected of an 18 yo.

I never said a full game. But give him some midfield time FFS. He’s a midfielder!!

And for the record, you yourself said Rowbottom would most likely play forward because that was the only role they’d have for him in the senior team. In a roundabout way you were saying he wouldn’t be able to crack into our midfield.

If it were up to me, I’d banish Parker to the forward pocket and let Rowbottom take his place.

heeney didnt seem midfield much v the giants

he needs more time he should be the number 1 mid, parker shoukd be forward more than heeney

time to let heeney take over the midfield

Rowbottom isnt ready for senior midfield action yet, not a knock on him but very few first year players are. His form in neafl warranted selection but it doesnt do him any favours to pick him and not play his natural role. How do you develop when you dont get the opportunity to compare yourself to others and get to the level required.

More beneficial to bite the bullet,play him in the mids in spurts and rest on the bench. Not massive game time but at least he gets a taste of what is required rather than just run around aimlessly playing a position he has never played just for the sake of registering an afl game next to his name

But when is he going to be ready? I’m not falling for this crap again. I’ve seen it with Hewett, I’ve seen it with Heeney, I’ve seen it with Mills. One year passes, two years pass, and he’ll finally become “ready”, but by then Horse is reluctant to pull the trigger. Three years pass, four years pass, and Rowbottom’s no closer to being a full time mid. I already know how this story unfolds.

Last night we were torn a new one by Hopper and Taranto, two young guns who were thrown into the midfield from their debut onwards. They didn’t seem to show any signs of trauma from being thrown off the deep end. If anything, they looked tougher and more battle-hardened than any of our mids!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they are winning though
True, rather he botches them up than the firsts. I've lost all confidence in Longmire. End of 3rd quarter when we had momentum and I started to blow up about our loose player behind the ball switch, it was so relieving that the commentators essentially said a few minutes later wtf is Longmire doing.

Sam Walsh can. There is no evidence that Rowbottom lacks a tank.

I wish you’d stop bringing up Walsh. Number one draft pick in what many are saying is one of the strongest drafts there has been.

He is absolute freak and not at all the norm for a second round draft pick!

I never said a full game. But give him some midfield time FFS. He’s a midfielder!!

And for the record, you yourself said Rowbottom would most likely play forward because that was the only role they’d have for him in the senior team. In a roundabout way you were saying he wouldn’t be able to crack into our midfield.

If it were up to me, I’d banish Parker to the forward pocket and let Rowbottom take his place.

Well not no in a round about way really. Just being realistic for an 18 year old. He will get more minutes as he gets up to speed imo.

Probably but Rose should be midfield while Hayward is still forward. If Hayward is not 100% just give him the extra week off

I would rather try Rowbottom who is a pure mid in the guts than Rose, who I think is a NEAFL superstar. That’s Rose’s problem and why I feel for him that we kept him on the list. There’s always going to be someone who is preferable to him no matter what position he plays.

I would rather try Rowbottom who is a pure mid in the guts than Rose, who I think is a NEAFL superstar. That’s Rose’s problem and why I feel for him that we kept him on the list. There’s always going to be someone who is preferable to him no matter what position he plays.
Rowbottom is playing midfield but about 50% down forward. Rose was given a new contract because of his great job in the middle. Give him a chance to show why we have him another year

Rowbottom is playing midfield but about 50% down forward. Rose was given a new contract because of his great job in the middle. Give him a chance to show why we have him another year

Rowbottom didn’t start in the middle once last night, and I’m not sure being positioned on the fringes of inside 50 stoppages counts as playing midfield.

In any case there are guys like COR and Fox who have also pressed stronger cases than Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back