Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs kicked 6 goals in the last quarter. Our defence leaked like sieve without Sicily there.
Are you serious? We kicked 5.5 to their 6.0 in the last. It was more of the case the game had opened up due to tiring players.
Dogs also kicked 5.1 in the 1st, with 4 of those goals when Sicily was in the backline.

It wasn't a tactical decision by the coaching staff.

It was suggested to Sam by Sic at the 3/4 time break because his ankle was stuffed and he couldn't jump.

Move was based on nothing else other than Sic could've been exposed in defence as a liability as he couldn't move properly.
We are lucky Sam agreed to it.

Are you serious? We kicked 5.5 to their 6.0 in the last. It was more of the case the game had opened up due to tiring players.
Dogs also kicked 5.1 in the 1st, with 4 of those goals when Sicily was in the backline.
And a couple of those were straight out of the middle that Sicily wouldn't have been able to stop anyway

One thing I was concerned with in the last quarter was that we weren't making the best of our opportunities while the Bont was resting on the bench and he seemed to spend quite a bit of time off the ground. This is where you absolutely must convert your chances because he dominated when he came on. I'm not sure how Mitchell and coaching staff approach these situations but must try different things to take advantage of the time(s) a team's best players are off the ground.

Yeah, would be ideal. We’ve got a connection with the G, and built up one in tassie. Zero connection with docklands, and it’s just an awful experience watching football inside, in an otherwise deserted concrete precinct.

Sorry to derail, but I get angry thinking about how the afl will try shaft us here. Particularly with bombers and blues scrounging for more games at the G.

I hated Waverley being demolished. In some ways the demolition of some of the old grounds wasn’t thought out too well. Collingwood could have used VIC park for 3-5 games a year, the Blues Princess Park, us and saints Waverly. Unfortunately the only Vic club that truly has its own ground is Geelong. Marvel/telstra dome/Heritage whatever people want to call it, could still have held games, but for a lot of years the clubs that played there were suffering huge debts just to play there. If they had a back up ground where they could recuperate some money it would have been more beneficial.

Did anything come out about Day being down late in the middle of the ground? I haven’t seen anything so hopefully just cramped up or winded?
I noticed that on TV and tried to keep an eye on him, I saw the trainer running out to him looking like he was carrying something so I assumed he may have been cramping and getting some pickle juice brought out to him.. obviously could be wrong but just what I thought

Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn​

9 Jarman Impey (HAW)
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
5 Dylan Moore (HAW)
3 James Sicily (HAW)
2 Blake Hardwick (HAW)
2 Conor Nash (HAW)

9 Jarman Impey (HAW)
5 Dylan Moore (HAW)
3 James Sicily (HAW)
2 Blake Hardwick (HAW)
2 Conor Nash (HAW)
Nothing for Meek?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good a win as we've had in the Mitchell era, and most pleasing this was with one of our youngest sides during the time. Guys were stepping up everywhere. Our defence.....my god. So good all game. under-sized but never stopped fighting and supported each other just about every single time.
Forward line functioned beautifully with Moore outstanding, Gunston winding back the clock a bit and was a option all game (kicking for goal wasn't winding back the clock though), and CMac getting his fill as well. Loved Calsher too on debut. outstanding.

Midfield for me is still a slightly concern. Newcombe, Worpel, Day and Nash combined for 29 touches in the second half. Whilst we had a strong tackling output from them, we still need them to get their hands on the ball more. Set it up in a lot of ways in the first half, but yeah, second half is a worry.

I'd like to wish a good morning to everyone except this gimp who was carrying on like a bellend after the Wizard missed that shot. Eat a dick champ.
To be honest, he's no better than the flat track bullies on here who only turn up when we lose. And they are noticeable by their absence now.

Oh yeah. I should include the bloke who posts "tongue in cheek".

9 Jarman Impey (HAW)
5 Dylan Moore (HAW)
3 James Sicily (HAW)
2 Blake Hardwick (HAW)
2 Conor Nash (HAW)
Drop Nash, he's no good.

Great win for the team, and hopefully cements a bit of confidence going forward, really needed it after the rebels debacle.

One thing I noticed was our structure upfield was much much better, and allowed us to release pressure when needed. We need to keep this up, inside 50s are worth nothing if they’re slow and we have nothing to kick to.

I know there's some serious questions about Beveridge atm but I reckon there needs to be some serious questions put towards the Bulldogs medical team after Libba had that clash with Amon. He copped the brunt of it and on one of the angles you could see his eyes rolling a fair bit with a slight stumble similar to the last game he got concussed. IMO he should've been subbed out but they sent him back out there only to cop more hits as the game went on.

I reckon he'll cop a week for his slam tackle on Day but the guy should be in concussion protocol anyways. I wouldn't wan't my kid playing for the Dogs because it doesn't seem like their players health is priority #1 at all.
And here it is. IMO the Dogs medicos need to be investigated.

And here it is. IMO the Dogs medicos need to be investigated.

I genuinely look at him like the guys in the ufc that just take too many knocks now, he doesn’t look right and those big hits are cumulative. He almost goes robot mode in stages.

Even the best fighters take a year off after multiple head injuries. Libba has just been battering ram for so long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back