Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't. We probably had some other decent prospects pushed out of our reach too. Prospects that would have also helped extend the 3-peat. In any case, missing Lynch with what would have been our pick is enough. In:Lynch when Roughy spent the year off with cancer gives the 4-peat. Lynch was AA that year. People like to whinge about the players the **** bottom 4 teams missed out on - teams that were never going to compete over that period anyway - but nobody likes to hear that it impacted our draft position too. In any case, Richmond fans should be the last to complain about teams having success due to AFL policies. Equalisation dragged down the competition to such a shitful state, that even a crap team like Richmond were able to get a flag with a very questionable list.

It's funny how the likes of yourself label our 2017 premiership side as weak.

During Hawthorn's golden run from 2012-2015 which saw them make 4 straight grand finals, they were routinely belted by Richmond sides that were far inferior to our 2017 side.

Imagine what our 2017 side would do to those Hawthorn sides, Hawks would be lambs to the slaughter.

During Hawthorn's golden run from 2012-2015 which saw them make 4 straight grand finals, they were routinely belted by Richmond sides that were far inferior to our 2017 side.

Imagine what our 2017 side would do to those Hawthorn sides, Hawks would be lambs to the slaughter.

You need to stop drinking your own p155. There I gave you some advice. Please continue so we call all have a laugh.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond people don’t respect what it takes to go back to back to back. Apart from our flurry of wins late in the season, the Richmond loss to Collingwood was a highlight for me. Put them right back in their box.

Even during their glory years of 67-80, they had this so called ruthless streak, which bit them on the arse for a solid 37 years which was brilliant for football.

Funny how when they were expected to win and playing brilliantly in 2018, they lacked the heart to follow through.

Those who talk about their injuries, * them. We had way more injuries in our three peat years. See 2014 in particular (easily the greatest performance of any club in the modern era given the adversity and circumstances faced). Grand Final day the greatest cherry.

We need our best players on the park always to gel as a group moving forward. Smith and wingard will be sorely missed. They need to play well and consistently.

KOLOKOTRONIS

You won some late season dead rubbers from 2012-2016 against a team that was already set for top 4, and was more concerned about preparing players for finals than beating minnows. You've probably forgotten the 66, 70 and 46 point beltings we handed you during that time. This isn't an opposition banter thread, how about you take your delusional thoughts to the main board?

Just pointing out facts to your fellow Hawthorn supporter who labelled our 2017 premiership side as weak.

You laugh at us for losing a final to Carlton, yet we have a 100% winning record against Hawthorn in finals, when it matters.
Threepeat and then come back ya MOFO!

It’s because we never respected you. Still don’t. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always find it quite amusing that everyone believes the myth that the Tiges owned us during our premiership run. Yes they beat us twice by an average of 29.5pts but we beat them in between those wins by 66. I guess if that’s what you want to hang your hats on, then knock yourselves out.

Anyway back on topic, they’ve certainly had the better of us recently. I’m backing Clarko in to come up with a plan to put the clamps on their run and gun style. I’m pleased the likes of Morrison, Moore and Cousins are staying in. Their run and energy was crucial and will be very important again if we were to drag ourselves over the line.

Hope to see Glass in for Moore.
Different roles, would require some other shuffling

4 of the most uninspiring ins imaginable that a side could add to the extended bench, let's hope that we go in unchanged from last week.
I'm expecting unchanged, think most of the guys named are being recognized for good work at VFL level

It seems we don't drop players for a single game.

Kinda like how we don't play them for a single game before dropping them, eh Gralin!
You want to keep going on about the argument you lost with Rough as the next attempt to score points?

Surprised none of Smith, Scrimshaw or Wingard got up.
Scrimshaw is playing at this point, nobody was omitted

No way we change that team unless there is a late injury/illness. Only one I would want to see in the team is Miles and even then, I can't see who he'd replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back