Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way we change that team unless there is a late injury/illness. Only one I would want to see in the team is Miles and even then, I can't see who he'd replace

Maybe Morrison, for a bit of extra pace?

Otherwise go in unchanged.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Miles? He is into his 5th year, he has no size at all (height or weight), not good defensively & a below average tank.

I would be extremely surprised if he isn't delisted in the next year or 2. Good VFL player, not an AFL level footballer.

Really hope they go in unchanged. Played as well as they could last week as a team.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Miles? He is into his 5th year, he has no size at all (height or weight), not good defensively & a below average tank.

I would be extremely surprised if he isn't delisted in the next year or 2. Good VFL player, not an AFL level footballer.

Really hope they go in unchanged. Played as well as they could last week as a team.
So no Xmas card for Miles this year I take it.:(:thumbsu:

No you are not the only one. I agree, has to really lift to another level if given the chance this season.

I agree, he's creative by foot and evasive but that's about the limits of it.

Not sure why he's seen by some as a bloke who should have games funneled into him.

Don't normally do it but made the mistake of switching on SEN this morning and Mike Sheehan was on. Apparently according to the brains trust of Bartel, Carey, Sheehan, Lyon and Watson last week was the worst loss in the history of the Giants and Hawthorn plays the most boring style of football ever epitomising everything wrong with the game. Cognitive bias at its finest to justify why none of the so called experts picked us to win. Can't just admit they maybe got it wrong because they know sweet FA and that Hawthorn were actually just a better team on the day. When it came to tips the Hawks Richmond game was last up and they didn't even bother making selections - Sheehan just blurted out "God I hope Richmond wins". Good reminder to myself why I stopped listening to SEN some time ago.

Hoping we win this one just for the media reaction, but not as confident on this one as last week. 50/50 game for mine. No changes - Hawks by 8 points.

Don't normally do it but made the mistake of switching on SEN this morning and Mike Sheehan was on. Apparently according to the brains trust of Bartel, Carey, Sheehan, Lyon and Watson last week was the worst loss in the history of the Giants and Hawthorn plays the most boring style of football ever epitomising everything wrong with the game. Cognitive bias at its finest to justify why none of the so called experts picked us to win. Can't just admit they maybe got it wrong because they know sweet FA and that Hawthorn were actually just a better team on the day. When it came to tips the Hawks Richmond game was last up and they didn't even bother making selections - Sheehan just blurted out "God I hope Richmond wins". Good reminder to myself why I stopped listening to SEN some time ago.

Hoping we win this one just for the media reaction, but not as confident on this one as last week. 50/50 game for mine. No changes - Hawks by 8 points.
It’s hard to disagree with them on the boring bit. We are boring. We have a game style adapted to our mediocre talents which at times, like last week, can be effective, but it’s still boring.

It’s hard to disagree with them on the boring bit. We are boring. We have a game style adapted to our mediocre talents which at times, like last week, can be effective, but it’s still boring.

I actually thought we were moving the ball a lot better last week than previous weeks, particularly in the second half. Mind you I was at the game so haven't watched a TV replay, but it looked live that we were a lot more direct into the forwards than previous weeks. The keepings off was because GWS were flooding back the entire time and leaving Hawks with loose numbers back. All teams would have played the same against them. Most of the chip kicking was trying to set up the switch, although we did start running down the clock a bit in the last, probably still a bit paranoid given the way we lost to Saints and Bulldogs after having big leads. I just think the media chooses to see it that way because they all wanted GWS to win last week and its frustrating when the team you're barracking for cant get the ball because the other team is dominating possession

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate, I share your sentiments 100%.

I disagree, the 6-6-6 and the AFL fk wits have made this happen. We are adapting to the rules, like all the other clubs and the end result is how teams are now playing.

Fk me, Gil and ********** both deserve to be sacked for bringing the game into dispute.

We are not the only "boring" team though. If our game last week is considered boring, what should we called that Adelaide vs Freo game the previous week?

I disagree, the 6-6-6 and the AFL fk wits have made this happen. We are adapting to the rules, like all the other clubs and the end result is how teams are now playing.

Fk me, Gil and ********** both deserve to be sacked for bringing the game into dispute.

6-6-6 didn't do this at all.
Straight after the ball is bounced the game is as it has been for the past 4 years.
Sides are so reluctant to kick down the lines for fear of turnover.
Coaches are killing the game, not the AFL.

Go watch the Saints game from last week, McGovern was best on ground for simply being out there.
The Saints would not kick long or deep into their forward line for fear of him.

What was the Hawks reaction internally to the criticism from last week, boring, perhaps, victors, hell yes.
At the end of the day, from a coaches and club perspective it is the win / loss column that counts.
How it is achieved is simply an indirect outcome.

6-6-6 didn't do this at all.
Straight after the ball is bounced the game is as it has been for the past 4 years.
Sides are so reluctant to kick down the lines for fear of turnover.
Coaches are killing the game, not the AFL.

Go watch the Saints game from last week, McGovern was best on ground for simply being out there.
The Saints would not kick long or deep into their forward line for fear of him.

What was the Hawks reaction internally to the criticism from last week, boring, perhaps, victors, hell yes.
At the end of the day, from a coaches and club perspective it is the win / loss column that counts.
How it is achieved is simply an indirect outcome.
Teams are setting up more defensively for the bounce in the middle to avoid a quick clearance so that they can then setup how they want at the first stoppage.

Unless you are really strong in the middle it encourages a pretty negative first stoppage to give you more time to get into position. There is a lot of trying not to lose going on vs trying to win from all teams

WIN AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

Even if it bores supporters to sleep :p

A win's a win.

The only thing mediocre about Hawthorn is supporters like you. The whole competition has been boring and sub standard the whole year. If the media wanted to label a team or game boring why didn’t they go hard at the Freo Crows match. The anti Hawthorn media just got the shits because we beat their love child. Throw a fit Birch, Titch, Wingard and Smith into the line up we can beat anyone and play as exciting football as any side.

Mediocre talent kept the 2nrd or 3rd best list from even touching the ball for most of the game.

Imagine how we would go if we rose as high as sub-par !!!

I've got a lot of time for Richmond - if they win this, then pure respect. They are absolutely decimated. We're essentially playing a JLT strength side. And we are almost full strength.

Hoping Clarko has learned from the last 4 losses to this mob. If we don't have a plan to counter the "grubby ball I50 and swarm", then we simply won't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back