Game Day Round 9, 2022: Hawks v Tigers, 1.45pm Sat 14th May @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn went toe to toe with Melbourne for large amounts of the game, Richmond were blown off the park with 17 less scoring shots. Hype around Richmond is nothing but fear based on their recent success like teams feared 2017-18 Hawthorn side, the only side they've beaten is the Bulldogs who wont play finals on current form.

I doubt we win but we're far closer than the odds suggest

Games I think we get smashed we play well. Games I think we’re in with a chance we get smashed. Now I’m thinking we’ll win because I’m expecting us to get smashed but that means I’m saying we will win so we’ll probably get smashed. ****.
What happens if Pinocchio says his nose will grow?

As long as we don't let them push us around, beat us up around the ball, and we're at it for four quarters it's a win for our development and future.

The Tiges have been the litmus test for us since they started winning flags.

So excited about the prospect of Newcombe and Butler lining up together in this team. Both have the potential to be monster talents with a few years under their belts, and each brings different attributes.

The one thing they seem to have in common is a high ceiling, and the ability to be contributors in the middle and forward.

They're going to solve our vanilla midfield issues in a real hurry (alongside Connor McDonald) you would think.

Go Hawks!

Tigers beat you a fair bit when hawks were winning flags too

Richmond didn't beat hawthorn in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 (lost twice). So you guys had wins in 2012, 2013 and 2015.

None of these matches were finals.

:)
We also beat Richmond quite convincingly in their *asterisk premiership year.

I don’t think you can draw anything from either set of arguments…

Im not quite sure where this sudden aura around Richmond has come from.

They missed the finals last year. They have just thumped a pitiful wce and beaten Collingwood in the past 2 weeks and up until then their performances were soso.

They're just going, yet they are raging favourites? Is an unfit Martin really that powerful??

Reading their board, hardly anyone is thinking it will be anything less than a 40 point win for them.

I'm realistic, so much so that I tipped the bombers last week, but I think we will beat them today.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
I saw on one of the football shows their record when Lambert, Martin & Prestia all played together can't remember the exact winning % but was very high.

Those 3 have barely played together since the start of last season but all 3 are in today.

Expecting our midfield to get monstered.

I think we will be very competitive today. Last week I had that bad feeling all week with the outs and the media on the bombers.

We should respond with a fair effort!
the extra firepower up forward will help.
Team selection is solid i like the idea of Bramble around the ball and the extra speed up forward. If the defence can hold we will be in the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will be very competitive today. Last week I had that bad feeling all week with the outs and the media on the bombers.

We should respond with a fair effort!
the extra firepower up forward will help.
Team selection is solid i like the idea of Bramble around the ball and the extra speed up forward. If the defence can hold we will be in the game
The rain I mentioned above won't help this...

Keep Short accountable & Martin relatively quiet and we're in this up to our eyeballs. This is Jaeger, Worps and Newc weather. Breust and Gunston are excellent wet weather footballers too! Have some faith!

What happens if Pinocchio says his nose will grow?
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Got a good feeling. Lewis and Wingard back up forward with some new energy from Butler. Bit of a different midfield mix without Mitchell.

Think we’ll respond today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back