Preview Round V: Dees vs the lethargic Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it, but also keep playing Rivers? I'd drop Smith if you had to choose. Rivers has shown enough early to suggest he belongs at the level, use 2020 to get games into him and gel with May/Lever/Salem.

Really like the idea of Bedford too

I like it, but also keep playing Rivers? I'd drop Smith if you had to choose. Rivers has shown enough early to suggest he belongs at the level, use 2020 to get games into him and gel with May/Lever/Salem.

Really like the idea of Bedford too
I've got Rivers in there, edited it straight after when I saw I'd missed him. Don't rate Smith myself but can understand why they're persevering with him givenn his attributes.

Smith was very servicable. Could be our Jeremy Howe-light with the wiry build, great leap and blonde tips.

Doesn't have the long boot that Howe has, although he doesn't need to pick out the difficult options out of defence, he can give it off to May, Salem and Rivers to hit those passes.

I can see why the coaches like his versatility. Really can run and jump and get a fist against the tall blokes on the lead and has enough physicality to deal with the talented smalls. Lined up against Danger a bit up forward too.

Really just needs to get some chemistry with Lever and May - who looked to be getting some chemistry working together this week, despite the silver service that Hawkins got at times which no defence can stop.

Lever-May-Smith with Tomlinson and Gawn pushing back if need be looks good. No more OMAC is fantastic.

Yeah I thought Smith was rubbish against Carlton but pretty good yesterday, more games like that and I won't be too upset if he sticks around. Thought the back 6 held up pretty well yesterday all things considered, was the least of our problems and continuity will help them settle while focusing on the glaring errors everywhere else that are more of an issue in the matter of winning games.

......fired up Tigers this weekend

Any chance we can find a forward line this week?

If our players had any interest in the season then they would have been fired up against the saints.

You get to play apathy on the weekend and you don't need a forward line as we don't have one.

Boy its hard to get into this season.

If I had my way...
In: Bennell, Brown, Jetta, O McDonald
Out: Melksham, Oliver, Salem, Viney

B: Jetta - May - O McDonald
HB: Rivers - Lever - Hibberd
C: vandenBerg - Langdon - Bennell
HF: Hunt - T McDonald - Hannan
F: Fritsch - Brown - Pickett
R: Gawn - Petracca - Harmes
I: Brayshaw - Lockhart - Smith - Tomlinson

We’ll flog them

Given we can't kick more than 8 goals in a game I'm struggling to see how we'd ever flog anyone....Unless the AFL has introduced 1 point for every inside 50?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given we can't kick more than 8 goals in a game I'm struggling to see how we'd ever flog anyone....Unless the AFL has introduced 1 point for every inside 50?
Yep. Exactly. We struggle to score so much, that a big win for us would be 2-3 goals. And if we give Richmond the same amount of time and space we gave Geelong, then I'm expecting a pasting. I don't care how badly Richmond are playing, we're worse..

Yep. Exactly. We struggle to score so much, that a big win for us would be 2-3 goals. And if we give Richmond the same amount of time and space we gave Geelong, then I'm expecting a pasting. I don't care how badly Richmond are playing, we're worse..
We're the kind of team an even 70% Richmond could get a jump on in the first and then cruise through the rest of the game (see e.g. their past few games Vs Carlton).

Tom Lynch will kick half our score so no chance of a comfortable win even if we do.

Definitely will not watch this, think I’m one Melbourne game away from becoming a complete nuffie, need to get some distance from our putridness.

Tigers by 1 point.

Real talk, if we lose this we are a genuine shot of finishing bottom of the ladder. Carlton and GC look like they've passed us. Right now only Adelaide appear to be worse than us and them and WC will start winning games again when they get crowds back.

Real talk, if we lose this we are a genuine shot of finishing bottom of the ladder. Carlton and GC look like they've passed us. Right now only Adelaide appear to be worse than us and them and WC will start winning games again when they get crowds back.
It's alright mate. There are learnings to be had here. We'll bounce back next season.

Just leave it in the capable hands of our esteemed leaders. And remember... stay TRUE ( Trust, Respect, Unity, and Excellence).

Not to say that it won’t happen but playing 3/4 games against last year’s top five sides will probably be a bit early to make wooden spoon calls. Absolutely our style of play suggests it but the results don’t necessarily do so when plenty of sides look as bad as we do.

basically I think we’re just as likely to finish bottom if we win this week as we are if we lose lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back