News SA Academies decided

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the reply so I could actually read an intelligent comment before you campaigners deleted it.

If you want respect, how about your mods stop deleting everything that may challenge your narrow view of the world!
Simmer down.

Happy for Port people to put forward their views on the SA Academies.

We can take it all if you like...

Well, what's the problem with WWT, Centrals and North?
Why exclude them?

Seems that you want to claim them all when talking support but when it comes to zones, you want to be exclusive. Why is that?
How many of your fellow supporters would agree with your selection?

In 5 years time, all but a few will.be calling the SANFL "The Reserves".

Norwood in Ports zone is, just, bewildering.

Nope. ABCD....Anyone But Central Districts. Interested in a trade?
Centrals is probably the most lucrative zone given its high proportion of kids from migrant/disadvantaged backgrounds and forecast growth easily outstripping anything else metro over the coming decades.

Centrals is probably the most lucrative zone given its high proportion of kids from migrant/disadvantaged backgrounds and forecast growth easily outstripping anything else metro over the coming decades.
I am sure it is....careful on the disadvantaged. I live in Hillbilly Bank and look out from the foot hills at the wonderful lights of Holden. The thing I respect the most about going to visit my oldies is the ability for my tyres to be stolen whilst I am actually driving. That takes great skill. I just hate Centrals.

Well, what's the problem with WWT, Centrals and North?
Why exclude them?

Seems that you want to claim them all when talking support but when it comes to zones, you want to be exclusive. Why is that?
How many of your fellow supporters would agree with your selection?

I picked the 4 clubs I feel have the closest ties with AFC.

I have no problem with Centrals, WWT etc. Do you have a problem with them? Sounds like you do.

I don't see too many underprivelidged indigenous or Sudanese kids roaming the mean streets of St Peters. Unless we can coax a couple of Asian kids from the PAC Chess team I'm not sure you former Norwood supporters have too much to worry about.

Not in St Peters but there are in other areas of Norwoods zone.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence my post re 'exclusivity'.

You were the one that excluded them. Not me.

Really? Point out where I gave that impression.

Lame intellect is lame.

You gave me the impression when you assumed I had a problem with them.

Who do you think we should be zoned with?

It does seem an odd divvy up, although given Port are a traditional SANFL club hated by all, as compared to the AFc who were formed from all SANFL clubs, it's always going to leave some put out a little.

Personally I would have thought something along the lines of the following would have made more sense:
Adelaide: South Adelaide, Sturt, Norwood, Glenelg
Port Adelaide: Woodville-West Torrens, North Adelaide, Centrals, West Adelaide

Adelaide take the South Eastern Zones, areas no where near Port Adelaide, where Port take the more North Western Zones. Having said this it's difficult to give up the West Adelaide zone given its provided us with the likes of Ricciuto, Rehn, Modra, Edwards, Rutten, Proplyzia, Laird...

Given that we are inevitably going towards a zone based system, why not drop the whole bidding farce and say something like this:

Every club gets to recruit a player from their zone outside the draft every year. Then the rest go in the draft. Simple.

Then go tell Fagan because he was heavily involved in the discussion about the divvying up of the zones. It was done over a number of meetings with the AFL and Port and Us to come to this agreement. It wasn't just the AFL going hey this is our decision, too bad if you don't like it. This has been in the works since early last year with all clubs involved and the AFL had to get their consensus approval before going ahead.

and in all this waffle, other than declaring the club right again, you've not actually addressed any of the concerns you replied to.

just because Fagan signed up to it, doesn't make it any more right than something Trigg did. It doesn't matter who did what, it matters what was done.

this seems strange

It does seem an odd divvy up, although given Port are a traditional SANFL club hated by all, as compared to the AFc who were formed from all SANFL clubs, it's always going to leave some put out a little.

Personally I would have thought something along the lines of the following would have made more sense:
Adelaide: South Adelaide, Sturt, Norwood, Glenelg
Port Adelaide: Woodville-West Torrens, North Adelaide, Centrals, West Adelaide

Adelaide take the South Eastern Zones, areas no where near Port Adelaide, where Port take the more North Western Zones. Having said this it's difficult to give up the West Adelaide zone given its provided us with the likes of Ricciuto, Rehn, Modra, Edwards, Rutten, Proplyzia, Laird...
That's exactly how I see it from a geographical sense. And as south supporter I'd much prefer to be aligned with Adelaide than Port. I've never found the Crows objectionable in the slightest. Port Adelaide on the other hand...

That's exactly how I see it from a geographical sense. And as south supporter I'd much prefer to be aligned with Adelaide than Port. I've never found the Crows objectionable in the slightest. Port Adelaide on the other hand...
It really makes no difference. The only difference between Power and Crows are the colours they wear. One has a rich history and the other claim to come from the Port Magpies ;). Besides that, both are captained by non SA boys, both have a squad made up of the best they can get across the country. One is loved and respected and the other is Port :)

I don't know of any WWT supporter.

Efa.

I think both clubs are making a bigger deal of what draftees they'll get out of this then they need to
No more than 1 per five years. The biggest wins from this will be attracting more people to the game that might otherwise never get involved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back