Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a scenario, hypothetically, if Butters would request a trade if Ken got sacked, would you rather we put up with Ken til he finishes his contract to keep Butters, or just cut Zak loose and move on?
Judging by their "discussion" on the boundary and subsequent benching for about 10 mninutes earlier in the season, it may be the other way around......

Here's a scenario, hypothetically, if Butters would request a trade if Ken got sacked, would you rather we put up with Ken til he finishes his contract to keep Butters, or just cut Zak loose and move on
Butters wouldn't need to request a trade to be coached by Ken. He'd just retire from the AFL and go and play Vic country football under his Daddy.

The idea that any player is going to quit the club because Hinkley is no longer the coach is beyond laughable. Would people please stop giving it oxygen.

Here's a scenario, hypothetically, if Butters would request a trade if Ken got sacked, would you rather we put up with Ken til he finishes his contract to keep Butters, or just cut Zak loose and move on?

We trade.

There's been about 5 grand finals since Zak was listed and no team has needed him to get there.

Butters wouldn't need to request a trade to be coached by Ken. He'd just retire from the AFL and go and play Vic country football under his Daddy.

The idea that any player is going to quit the club because Hinkley is no longer the coach is beyond laughable. Would people please stop giving it oxygen.
The problem is the club itself actually believes this. The players would move on fast if he left. It is all lip service whenever players state how much they love a coach. Of course they do. They want to get picked right? No player would come out and bag a coach while they are still at the club

Certainly hypothetical, I don't think for one minute that Zak would leave just because of Ken anymore (if he ever would have).

Yeah agreed, it seems any player showing ability has the confidence sucked out of them be Hinkley, this is why imo when things are not going our way, we don't have enough individuals that can turn things around and drag other players in, JHF and Butters tried but that fear stopped the rest.
Which is why I'm not prepared to write off Todd Marshall just yet - as long as he gets a coach that allows him to play with confidence. But if Bottom Ten Ken keeps sprouting forth negativity throughout the club, Todd's career is in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you told me that we could be rid of Ken tomorrow, but we had to give up Rozee and Butters as well, I'd take the offer in a heartbeat (as long as he committed to taking Charlie and Chad with him!).

Five minutes into pre-season with a fresh coach they'll be Kenny who? it's the biggest load of rubbish ever how attached they are to this bloke.

Also, if Josh Carr or whoever even so much as starts their first season off well, even the happyclappers will forget who Hinkley was.

As we found out in 2013-14, even a couple of decent seasons is enough to keep the coach for over a decade.

I mean a change from the loser culture of Ken is just too much to gain.

I love Butters but he is the Players Coach winner from last year and only 24 years old. At a minimum, we should get 2 to 2.5 first rounders for him. Every Melbourne club would be salivating. I would still cheer for him though.

The problem is the emotional chokehold this fraud has on players at the club; it's sickening. I'd sooner rather realise a partial rebuild from the players that follow him than continue to watch the club be held for ransom by Mother Hen Kinkley. Rip the bandaid off.

High fives and hugs from him won't win us a flag when he has the tactical prowess of an under 10's coach. Get him out and whatever entitled prima donnas follow.

A football club should be a high performance organisation; high-performance organisations are not a democracy and certianly don't have their leaders held for emotional ransom. The board needs to grow a back bone and make the decision.

Which is why I'm not prepared to write off Todd Marshall just yet - as long as he gets a coach that allows him to play with confidence. But if Bottom Ten Ken keeps sprouting forth negativity throughout the club, Todd's career is in trouble.

Yep. People want to see effort and they want to see players competing, but we are all furious about the state of our forward line and we have been for a decade. We acknowledge the way we enter the forward 50 sucks, we acknowledge we are far too Dixon focused. We acknowledge that we are far too stagnant and that there is no movement to generate space.

Yet people still want to blame Todd for not playing at his potential every week.

I'm an Aston Villa fan, and we're about to qualify for the Champions League next season despite being 17th when Unai Emery took over from Steven Gerrard 18 months ago. A brilliant manager has turned players who were going to be sold off for nothing into world beaters.

I would pack Zaks bags myself and drive him to wherever he wanted to go.

If you arent here to play for the jumper, the club and the members, then leave.

As much as I like Zak, I would be shopping him around in an instant in that scenario. At the very least, it would give the new coach something to work with and it would mean not having someone committed to the club on the list.

Commitment to the club is an non-negotiable for me.
Yep - no player is bigger than the club. If it means the current Alberton administration disappears off the face of the earth, then I'd volunteer to help Zac pack his bags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back