Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a scenario, hypothetically, if Butters would request a trade if Ken got sacked, would you rather we put up with Ken til he finishes his contract to keep Butters, or just cut Zak loose and move on?
I would pack Zaks bags myself and drive him to wherever he wanted to go.

If you arent here to play for the jumper, the club and the members, then leave.

As much as I like Zak, I would be shopping him around in an instant in that scenario. At the very least, it would give the new coach something to work with and it would mean not having someone committed to the club on the list.

Commitment to the club is an non-negotiable for me.
Yep - no player is bigger than the club. If it means the current Alberton administration disappears off the face of the earth, then I'd volunteer to help Zac pack his bags.

So nothing's happened today he hasn't stepped down, there's been no talk of someone paying for the embarrassing s**t that happened Thursday???
Its all just been swept under the carpet? Someone fill me in as I'm not on Facebook and don't watch the news etc its all just forgotten about is it 🤔😡
Firing any long standing contract employee on cause is very difficult. Particularly a senior member of an organisation.

And he probably doesnt have such a bad record over the life of his current contract or a club wide review to fire him on performance

Unfortunately, as much as he is untenable, I suspect we are stuck with him for a little longer.

So nothing's happened today he hasn't stepped down, there's been no talk of someone paying for the embarrassing s**t that happened Thursday???
Its all just been swept under the carpet? Someone fill me in as I'm not on Facebook and don't watch the news etc its all just forgotten about is it 🤔😡
We're a club of cowards.

They'll hide until we can beat another bottom 10 side so they can come back with "I told you so where are the Hinkley Haters now??"

Firing any long standing contract employee on cause is very difficult. Particularly a senior member of an organisation.

And he probably doesnt have such a bad record over the life of his current contract or a club wide review to fire him on performance

Unfortunately, as much as he is untenable, I suspect we are stuck with him for a little longer.
Nah, it’s easy.

“We went into this season with high hopes, but unfortunately our performances in marquee fixtures have been nowhere near the level required, and we think it’s in the best interests of the club to make a change now. We thank Ken for his years of hard work and wish him all the best in the future”.

Not hard at all.

Again I'm bewildered how Richo said part of the reason of retaining Ken was that they fear a player exodus......

So Ken's got you and the club by the balls hey Richo? Doesn't that ring alarm bells for you?

A lot of the young stars we have are contracted? Whats the big deal?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if that's all part of Kens plan, build the strongest possible lovey dovey relationship with the players, regardless of results, then he can never be sacked else the players leave too. Only leaving until he's good and ready, as he's openly stated numerous times.

The bloke 100% thinks he is bigger than the club.

Just stand aside you absolute parasite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again I'm bewildered how Richo said part of the reason of retaining Ken was that they fear a player exodus......

So Ken's got you and the club by the balls hey Richo? Doesn't that ring alarm bells for you?

A lot of the young stars we have are contracted? Whats the big deal?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if that's all part of Kens plan, build the strongest possible lovey dovey relationship with the players, regardless of results, then he can never be sacked else the players leave too. Only leaving until he's good and ready, as he's openly stated numerous times.

The bloke 100% thinks he is bigger than the club.

Just stand aside you absolute parasite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Richo is a bloody coward as well. Absolutely pathetic. What a joke our club has become. ******* disgusting to be honest.

Richo said to Cheesey Mac after the AGM they're worried about players leaving if Hinkley is moved on. I'm pretty sure he's said it to someone else prior to this year. Was it you or maybe RussellEbertHandball ?
The unrest needs to come from the players.
It wasn't me, but I think has said something publicly, along the lines that if there isn't a coach it makes it harder to re-sign players and to chase players via trades.

Now there is certain truth to that, but it shouldn't bloody scare people away from making a tough decision on Ken.

We traded in players when Primus was sacked and Jacko and Boak recommitted to the club when Primus was on his last legs or after he got sacked.

Nah, it’s easy.

“We went into this season with high hopes, but unfortunately our performances in marquee fixtures have been nowhere near the level required, and we think it’s in the best interests of the club to make a change now. We thank Ken for his years of hard work and wish him all the best in the future”.

Not hard at all.
As much as I like the statement….

He is currently 4 and 3, teams have won premierships from similar positions. It would not hold up in court, nor would the AFL controlled board approve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether he genuinely said words to the effect that he’s worried about players leaving or he’s lying and using it as part of the sell on re-signing Hinkley, he’s gutless.
What’s the latest from him on 3 premierships in five years?

The only language pig headed Koch understands is the language of money. Ken could win the wooden spoon & that arrogant campaigner would still spin it as a successful season as long as the club was making a profit.

These two selfish POS have done an outstanding job in systematically destroying the culture of club one treasonous act at a time, to the point where it’s now almost unrecognisable.

They won’t get another cent from me until someone changes the locks & permanently removes the filth for good.

We're a club of cowards.

They'll hide until we can beat another bottom 10 side so they can come back with "I told you so where are the Hinkley Haters now??"
The more I think of the name Bottom Ten Ken, the more I like it. Maybe Stickerman's next task is to plaster BOTTOM 10 KEN signs all around Alberton Oval, to emphasise what a downhill skier Hinkley is.

Nup and Warren is defending everything. Place is ****ed.

When Sept-Ken-ber Ends (apologies to Green Day)

Winter has come and passed
The ignorant can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like our finals come to pass
Seven years have gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends

Here come the goals again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets why we lost