Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Terminating someone’s employment involves meeting a person face-to-face, looking them in the eye and telling them they’re sacked.

Koch doesn’t have the stomach for that. It’s too tough and awkward for him. So just easier to persist with Ken and avoid it.

No other coach in history would survive the numerous embarrassments Hinkley had bestowed on the Port Adelaide Football Club.
There is no way that Koch would sack anyone to their face. He would delegate to one of his minions, most likely Chris Davies.

It's not facing Hinkley, who clearly intimidates Koch, that prevents Koch from even contemplating sacking Hinkley, it's the hit his ego would take after telling the world that he wants Hinkley to coach the PAFC for twenty years.

Has anyone actually seen the mythical "donna"?

I don't recall her ever being pictured at stuff like the B&F.
That's a great point. Even if the want to keep a low profile, you always get at least one cushy article on the family.
You'd be able to dig out a photo for every AFL coach, but not Hinkley.
Any search term brings back a lot of Port players, current and past, with their wives. Nothing of Hinkley.
The best you can get is this under term "ken Hinkley and wife Donna"
1716704060795.png
You know damn well she is expected to be the stay at home wife, cheese toastie maker.

That's a great point. Even if the want to keep a low profile, you always get at least one cushy article on the family.
Any search term brings back a lot of Port players, current and past, with their wives. Nothing of Hinkley.
View attachment 2001315
You know damn well she is expected to be the stay at home wife, cheese toastie maker.

She's a lot skinner and longer headed then I'd imagine, a real life maris

Donna hates the PAFC.

Donna despises Koch.

Donna rules.
You may know whether this is true or not LR but there have been rumours Donna has never attended an official club function and may be the first wife of a coach in the club's AFL history not to do so, and it could possibly go even further back than that.

Not that I could blame her, but if as reported she did actually say `shut up David' to the chairman of her husband's employer that would almost definitely not be a good career move for said husband with the majority of employers, so comments re Koch being scared of her could be right on the money.

View attachment 2001315
The dog and that kid have since been put to sleep

Je suis Donna
Animated GIF

View attachment 2001315

This picture gives me the creeps

Little kids shouldn't have anything to do with an industry built on animal cruelty and gambling. What a troglodyte ken is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can see how aggressive Hinkley gets with people when they dare question him. I can only assume that's magnified behind closed doors.

Koch strikes me as someone who desperately wants to be liked and admired. And being liked and admired by the footy club jocks would be a real big thing for him. So it absolutely makes sense that Hinkley would dominate him.

So Hinkley is an intimidating, manipulative bully.

there is less evidence of Donna than of Holly Ransom, who seemingly exists only as a hologram on a few YouTube videos. I mean let's be real how did she talk to Obama? That was surely all CGI. why haven't they faked videos of Donna like they have Holly?

You may know whether this is true or not LR but there have been rumours Donna has never attended an official club function and may be the first wife of a coach in the club's AFL history not to do so, and it could possibly go even further back than that.

Not that I could blame her, but if as reported she did actually say `shut up David' to the chairman of her husband's employer that would almost definitely not be a good career move for said husband with the majority of employers, so comments re Koch being scared of her could be right on the money.
All true, so far as I believe. And don’t forget when Hinkley came in 2012 he brought his whole family with him at club expense after Donna made it a condition.

And she did indeed, during the crisis meeting in the Hinkley kitchen in 2017, tell the chairman: “Shut the **** up, David.”

I was a fly on the wall.

She might just have bugger all interest in football aside from the financial side which benefits her family, she may never have waddled along to Geelong events either for all I know.
I dont think she even exists

You run into these types all the time in country footy. They have drunk so much of their own bathwater they wouldn't know what real water tastes like. And while Hinkley the player was more credentialed than this, Hinkley the coach isn't.

His decisions reek of being half assed garbage made on the fly with only his feel for the situation being the deciding factor.

In another previous post it spoke of Jesse Palmer's relationship with Hinkley - classic country footy. Chances are he wouldn't play him because if he got the chance to prove him wrong Hinkley loses face. Instead he gets no chances and is quietly delisted.

As for Donna, a crisis meeting or any meeting, WTF is she doing there to tell Dingus to Shut the **** Up, why is it being held in the Stinkley household, any part of club business.

It's just amateur hour.

You run into these types all the time in country footy. They have drunk so much of their own bathwater they wouldn't know what real water tastes like. And while Hinkley the player was more credentialed than this, Hinkley the coach isn't.

His decisions reek of being half assed garbage made on the fly with only his feel for the situation being the deciding factor.

In another previous post it spoke of Jesse Palmer's relationship with Hinkley - classic country footy. Chances are he wouldn't play him because if he got the chance to prove him wrong Hinkley loses face. Instead he gets no chances and is quietly delisted.

As for Donna, a crisis meeting or any meeting, WTF is she doing there to tell Dingus to Shut the **** Up, why is it being held in the Stinkley household, any part of club business.

It's just amateur hour.
He should've been sacked the moment he tried using Gold Coast as leverage, but we run around to hash things out in the kitchen with Donna.. just lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back