Recommitted Sam Flanders - 4 more years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see if he can perform as a midfielder instead of a forward flanker.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can the suns even afford to keep him if he has a good season given their cap issues last year?
Easy. Did you see how much money they shed off in the off-season (2M+)? Rankine, Bowes, Thompson to just name major salaries off-loaded. Then you got Swallow, Sexton, Fiorini, Mcpherson spreading their contracts for extra year. Supposedly, the club claims they got now money to chase a top player in next 2 years (if anybody interested).

The question is - can Flanders elevate his game? He plays mostly HF which is not his ideal spot. He needs more time in the middle. He does seem to really love the team and is committed.

Easy. Did you see how much money they shed off in the off-season (2M+)? Rankine, Bowes, Thompson to just name major salaries off-loaded. Then you got Swallow, Sexton, Fiorini, Mcpherson spreading their contracts for extra year. Supposedly, the club claims they got now money to chase a top player in next 2 years (if anybody interested).

The question is - can Flanders elevate his game? He plays mostly HF which is not his ideal spot. He needs more time in the middle. He does seem to really love the team and is committed.
will he get more time in the middle?

done his mcl out for 6 weeks
Disappointing for him after his supposedly fantastic pre season.

Had some CBA attendances in each game. Albeit only a handful.

A pretty tight midfield rotation at the suns he was the 5th in line behind rowell, Miller, anderson and swallow.

With the injury. Surely he just shelves talks until the end of the year.

If he is playing every week 60% forward, 20% mid, 20% bench.. and doing ok in that role, I’m sure he will re-sign.

Disappointing for him after his supposedly fantastic pre season.

Had some CBA attendances in each game. Albeit only a handful.

A pretty tight midfield rotation at the suns he was the 5th in line behind rowell, Miller, anderson and swallow.

With the injury. Surely he just shelves talks until the end of the year.

If he is playing every week 60% forward, 20% mid, 20% bench.. and doing ok in that role, I’m sure he will re-sign.
yep agree he'd probably put talks off till he gets back fit and plays a solid block of footy to up his price

other clubs will likely in that time put offers forward also that he can leverage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of contract this year & no signs of a new contract offer/extension.
Likely on the move.
Needs to play midfield.
Where does he end up?

Dew doesn’t rate him??
Dew has favourites, and plays a kazillion talls, and likes us to tell the entire stadium we're kicking it 30 out to King, Casboult, Chol, Lukosius, Day (all 195cm+) so it's a tough position to nail. I think he'd go well at Sydney or North Melbourne, maybe West Coast

Last edited:
Wonder if he would consider a move West to save his career? Obviousily Gold Coast thought he was happy to move out of Vic when drafted

2 top 6 picks, Flanders, Sharp to WCE? Do they need to chuck in more for 1. Maybe a 2nd aswell

Wonder if he would consider a move West to save his career? Obviousily Gold Coast thought he was happy to move out of Vic when drafted

2 top 6 picks, Flanders, Sharp to WCE? Do they need to chuck in more for 1. Maybe a 2nd aswell
Won’t need a move west to save it. I reckon there would be a fair few vic clubs asking the question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back