Recommitted Sam Hayes [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

SteeleSaints

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
There is an article on SEN today suggesting Sam Hayes might be better off else where.

I think he as a bright future and I dont know why he became out of favour at Port, but I would definitely have him at the Saints.

I think he can play, he is originally a Melbourne lad and would be the perfect replacement for Ryder.

Geelong is the only one named he is a chance of playing at why would he go from being depth at port to depth at Melbourne/GWS?

Very, very good tap ruckman. Is 205cm apparently so there’s not many bigger than him and he can clunk a mark or two but yeah he struggles to have an impact around the ground. Very one dimensional player at the moment but there’s a lot to work with for a young fella. Despite being dropped he is rated very highly internally, doubt we’d entertain any offers for him unless a club was willing to cough up something juicy.

There is an article on SEN today suggesting Sam Hayes might be better off else where.

I think he as a bright future and I dont know why he became out of favour at Port, but I would definitely have him at the Saints.

I think he can play, he is originally a Melbourne lad and would be the perfect replacement for Ryder.
He’s pretty limited but a very good tap ruckman. Someone like Meek has more upside if you can convince him to push for a move for more opportunity.

I could see Melb being interested in of Jackson departs.

He has been a slow burn.. and has been willing to wait. One would think by the time the next contract is due ..he is either a regualr or he moves.
How do you draw this conclusion? Jackson is athletic and agile and can play forward Sam is a tap ruck only they won't move Gawn to bring in Hayes

How do you draw this conclusion? Jackson is athletic and agile and can play forward Sam is a tap ruck only they won't move Gawn to bring in Hayes
I assume it's purely because Melbourne aren't filled with rucks on their list, losing Jackson means that if Gawn went down, they're fairly bare bones down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are literally preferring to play no ruckman at all than to play Hayes.

Surely he leaves, and not sure how Port can play hard ball without seeming like jerks.

Because our coach is a proven moron.

He rates ground level ability and pressure over anything else and is constantly visibly stumped when we lose games to team who take marks and kick goals as if he thinks tackles and chasing counts for 6 points

The only reason he’s ever backed in any kpp is cause they had freakish ground level ability for their size, yeah even Dixon and lycett are well above average in those areas. Bigs who couldn’t do that get pissed off see Trengove and Howard.

Players like Tom barrass and Harry Mackay would still be stuck on 20 games at port or traded if they were drafted here.

Hayes was elite in hitouts and hitouts to advantage in his first handful of games as a developing kid. Not many rucks ever achieve that. In the sanfl he’s been a strong marking presence for a while now, and that would come on more at afl level with more games / size / engine.

Our only hope is that since Hayes is contracted that he outlasts the idiot in the box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back