Sam Newman "probably" retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you talk anymore s**t if you tried?

The show is dead because people have stopped watching it. Better alternatives after The Footy Show went through multiple hosts, got rid of their comedian and wasn’t nearly as much as the go to show for players to go on anymore. Their material the last few years was dressing Shane up as a sick old person for ****s sake. Not even remotely funny.

But nah it’s all some big political conspiracy.

Please.

Here is a great example of the “easily offended”

Come on dude, did you notice he would never interview educated or successful people on that segment? It was always a cheap way to poke fun at disabled people

These people that you patronise and belittle by calling “disabled” are not offended so why are you so offended? I think they like to be treated like anyone else having the piss taken out of them and not be singled out because a self virtuous person like you is so easily offended.

Last edited:
To be fair I’ve had a bit to do with some of the more notable Street Talk people and they openly love Sammy and the attention.

Ssshhh mate, don't stop the social apologists from interfering in stuff that doesn't have anything to do with them.

People who are outraged on behalf of others are 90% of the problem.

you had a very, very strange way of interpreting Sam's words. obviously an agenda of your own

wasn't the "agenda seekers" bit specifically about how in this day and age of political correctness they got complaints about Street Talk and had to can it? nothing to do with "the footy show dying" lol, you just took those 2 words and ran!

What?

I got that list from other posters on here

These people that you patronise and belittle by calling “disabled” are not offended so why are you so offended? I think they like to be treated like anyone else having the piss taken out of them and not be singled out because a self virtuous person like you is so easily offended.

lol... defending making fun of the mentally ill. Brilliant.

It's funny the amount of people who will line up behind someone like Sam Newman because he "speaks his mind" and "isn't afraid of the PC Brigade" yet when others speak their mind in response to him, apparently it's unfair and tall poppy syndrome and whatever-else excuse you can come up with. Sam lived by the sword of being controversial and antagonistic and rude so he nor anybody else can hardly cry foul that some found him controversial, antagonistic and rude. That's his brand and I'd say he and his media detractors probably benefited from it equally. I actually don't mind brash and rude people, myself, but for my own tastes he was pretty poor at it - often punching down and showing a general ignorance or bigotry of those different than him. He also often spoke common sense about footy and wasn't afraid to punch up in that regard, which I did appreciate.

People defending Street Talk is just bizarre to me. That seemed misguided, outdated and cruel when I was 10, haha. Can't even imagine what I'd think of it if I were to see it as an adult.

sam had his funny moments but his recent support of fraser annings speech indirectly was the final straw.

shouldve thrown in the towel 10 years ago. as i said was quite hilarious especially at the start but comes ages comes boredom and being stale.

seems like it is the end of the footy show. again went far too long. dont even remember the last time i watched it. maybe 2010 or 11.

I thought I’d give his podcast with Sheahan and Thomas a go as I’d never heard it.

* me, he spent that long banging on about evil Mexicans and how Trump is a great man for seperating their children from them in immigration camps. That was about enough of the podcast for me.

Don’t understand all the hate he gets. It’s refreshing to have one media personality who speaks there mind instead of everyone trotting out the same rehearsed lines week after week.

The need for constant political correctness and the inability for people to differentiate between a joke and a personal attack completely ruined the show, forcing them to go into there shells and everyone push hate towards Sam Newman for having a different point of view.

In today’s current tv landscape though, unfortunately there is no place for someone who is an individual to be on tv. Instead we get carbon copies who are afraid someone somewhere will be offended, upset or not like their way of thinking and they are pushed out because of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol... defending making fun of the mentally ill. Brilliant.

Mentally ill?.... what? Are you their psychiatrist are you? You are labelling people mentally ill because of what? Because they aren’t like you? Get of your high horse mate. They are just people. Yes people, who are different to you and have not had the same life as you and live difderent life than you but FFS that doesn’t make them mentally ill you rude patronising C&#$. Who the F do you think you are to label people as “mentally ill”

Just because people are not like the norm doesn’t mean they want to be treated any different to the norm.

Mentally ill?.... what? Are you their psychiatrist are you? You are labelling people mentally ill because of what? Because they aren’t like you? Get of your high horse mate. They are just people. Yes people, who are different to you and have not had the same life as you and live difderent life than you but FFS that doesn’t make them mentally ill you rude patronising C&#$. Who the F do you think you are to label people as “mentally ill”

Just because people are not like the norm doesn’t mean they want to be treated any different to the norm.
This is one of the most disgraceful posts I've read.

Anyone with half a brain realises the types he sought out for entertainment. You can't defend that.

In the end as all shows do the ratings slipped. Even the simpsons eventually run out of steam.

A rival network putting up a new footy show with a pretty good combination of hosts didn’t help

Yes seriously! He laid out and argument about why he was easily offended. Why does he care so much about other people’s views that have no impact in him self personally.
“Could you talk anymore s**t if you tried?

The show is dead because people have stopped watching it. Better alternatives after The Footy Show went through multiple hosts, got rid of their comedian and wasn’t nearly as much as the go to show for players to go on anymore. Their material the last few years was dressing Shane up as a sick old person for ****s sake. Not even remotely funny.

But nah it’s all some big political conspiracy.

Please.”

There is not one single word in that person’s post to suggest they are “offended”.

And now you are calling people the “types”. Get of your your high self virtioustic hourse.
Go get some sleep, your paranoia is embarrassing.

Wtf do you want me to call them? You pc sook.

Do you seriously believe mental illness isn't a thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back