Sam Walsh vs Connor Rozee

Who is the superior talent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh will likely remain a better player over their careers but labelling Rozee a lemon is ridiculous. 3rd year player FFS
I agree. If it wasn't for Cornes, doubt such a comment would be made.

Rozee is a gun and will be his whole career. Give him a run at it and he could be AA and could become regular AA.

Obviously I would not swap Walsh for anyone in the entire league, but Rozee will forge his own outstanding career.

Walsh has clearly been the better player over the first few years of their career. I believe that will continue to be the case (assuming no major injuries).

Cornes did Rozee no favours with his stupid comments though. Rozee has the potential to be a top player, and a regular AA level performer, but Cornes' views put unwarranted pressure and an unnecessary spotlight on a young developing player.

Walsh has clearly been the better player over the first few years of their career. I believe that will continue to be the case (assuming no major injuries).

Cornes did Rozee no favours with his stupid comments though. Rozee has the potential to be a top player, and a regular AA level performer, but Cornes' views put unwarranted pressure and an unnecessary spotlight on a young developing player.

He put unnecessary spotlight and pressure on Walsh as well.

Some players can handle it, some can't.

Only kidding (kinda). Rozee will be a jet.

Rozee has heaps of Wingard about him. Mercurial player who can win a match but won’t be super consistent. If he does find consistency he will be a freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee has heaps of Wingard about him. Mercurial player who can win a match but won’t be super consistent. If he does find consistency he will be a freak.
Probably not a bad comparison

More young Wingard than current day Wingard though

Great to see Rozee taking the next step in his development and proving that he's a star. Really made a difference to his team when the game was in the balance! A huge 5 touches, 0 marks, 1 tackle and a whopping 76 metres gained. Take a bow Connor Rozee! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Has Cornes put a mozz on this blokes career? Hasnt seemed to deal with the expectations since his first year whatsoever

Either way Cornes has created a situation where some Carlton supporters are hoping the kid fails.

It's a shame.

But Walsh is a lot better.

Great to see Rozee taking the next step in his development and proving that he's a star. Really made a difference to his team when the game was in the balance! A huge 5 touches, 0 marks, 1 tackle and a whopping 76 metres gained. Take a bow Connor Rozee! :clapping::clapping::clapping:
5 more touches than Walsh got on the weekend 🤷🏼‍♂️

Walsh could miss half the season and still collect more touches than Rozee across 22 games.
60 goals Rozee
26 goals Walsh

Walsh could play his whole career so far again and still not have as many sausage rolls as young Connor.

If I want touches in the midfield I'd pick Walsh every day. If I want goals I pick Rozee

Back