Opinion Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Medical room: Jake King had a whopping five surgeries but is about a month ahead of schedule, with his knee still being monitored, while Dylan Grimes needed a hamstring tendon tear repaired in November. Both are aiming for round one. Jack Riewoldt is coming back from hip surgery and is not with the main group yet, while Nathan Foley is up to 70 per cent body weight running on the AlterG and is progressing well. Troy Chaplin is recovering well from knee surgery and Ivan Maric is easing into training to manage the groin injury he carried this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-28/preseason-guide-richmond

THe above is not drastic but is shows that we will be hitting round one a little underdone. Thats 6 best 22 players (IMO) that need to have restricted pre-seasons and we all know by now what an interupted pre-season can do to a players form.

We have used the NAB in the past to give everyone a go, not sure if we will do this in the upcoming games. If I was the match commitee I would be easing the above players through to make sure they are 100% when they do get back in the side and picking a side to play NAB with out them with a view that the NAB side would be the round 1 side if they dont get to 100%.
Experimentation should be limited now. The football department should have a pretty clear picture of how we will attack the season re:game plan.
I expect us putting a competitive side on the ground through out te pre-season trying to build momentum going into the season, Malthouse teams of the past are usually a little slow off the blocks round 1, so hopefully we can belt them. :)

Medical room: Jake King had a whopping five surgeries but is about a month ahead of schedule, with his knee still being monitored, while Dylan Grimes needed a hamstring tendon tear repaired in November. Both are aiming for round one. Jack Riewoldt is coming back from hip surgery and is not with the main group yet, while Nathan Foley is up to 70 per cent body weight running on the AlterG and is progressing well. Troy Chaplin is recovering well from knee surgery and Ivan Maric is easing into training to manage the groin injury he carried this year.

THe above is not drastic but is shows that we will be hitting round one a little underdone. Thats 6 best 22 players (IMO) that need to have restricted pre-seasons and we all know by now what an interupted pre-season can do to a players form.

We have used the NAB in the past to give everyone a go, not sure if we will do this in the upcoming games. If I was the match commitee I would be easing the above players through to make sure they are 100% when they do get back in the side and picking a side to play NAB with out them with a view that the NAB side would be the round 1 side if they dont get to 100%.
Experimentation should be limited now. The football department should have a pretty clear picture of how we will attack the season re:game plan.
I expect us putting a competitive side on the ground through out te pre-season trying to build momentum going into the season, Malthouse teams of the past are usually a little slow off the blocks round 1, so hopefully we can belt them. :)

There's a good chunk of our kp talent that are behind the 8 ball now. Hopefully maric, Chaplin and jack are only minor.
Malthouse round 1 worries me a little honestly.

Agree that we will need to be fielding a very competitive side throughout the nab cup heading into round one.

On the bright side, vickery will have a full pre season. So we will have a back up ruck and forward.
Other kp players such as griff, astbury, elton, rance are all training
That little bit of extra depth picked up in the off season has given us a few extra options.

God bring on round 1, I can't wait! (ill be there, and would love a win!)

No such thing as best 22 .

There's a good chunk of our kp talent that are behind the 8 ball now. Hopefully maric, Chaplin and jack are only minor.
Malthouse round 1 worries me a little honestly.

Agree that we will need to be fielding a very competitive side throughout the nab cup heading into round one.

On the bright side, vickery will have a full pre season. So we will have a back up ruck and forward.
Other kp players such as griff, astbury, elton, rance are all training
That little bit of extra depth picked up in the off season has given us a few extra options.

God bring on round 1, I can't wait! (ill be there, and would love a win!)

Yes agreed wholeheartedly.
I long to be the guy everyone says "Ha!! We told you so!"
I'm the grumpy negative bastard trained to live in hope.
I pray if we can all lift 5% we can lift ourselves into the 8.
And I willl be happy (ecstatic) with that for 2013.
Regards ...worried about round one.......
jonno

I'm optimistic.

I think we have added enough and improved enough to beat them regardless of who is coaching.
Sure hope you're right they looked top 4 at the beginning of the year, I think they could bounce back in a big way. If we beat them then we will certainly have improved massively and then I see us pushing top 4. I can dream

"If you're not first, you're last" Ricky Bobby

Seriously though there is only 1 prize...... Last season the Hawks campaign was just as much a failure as our season.

even more of a failure since their only target was the flag, there was no lets improve or win this many, the only target was flag as Crawf suggested early on in the season...we had multiple targets, some of which were attained and some of which we failed in..so we had some success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will probably spark a fierce backlash, but does any one else think McGuane may suprise a few this season and potentially earn a rd1 spot? With Ty back in the side he would get an even lesser quality opponent than last season when he managed to hit the score board fairly well.

I know he isnt liked or rated by most, but could our fwd line look like this? Maybe just maybe???

HF Dusty McG Titch
FF Ty Jack King

Now I am not saying that this is my choice as I had barely given him a thought, but he did perform pretty well considering and will now have another pre season training as a fwd and will have superior support up forward.

Dont attack me, I am not drunk, I am not over tired, just seeing if anyone out there has wondered the same?

Any non constructive responses will be deleted, so keep it on topic ya'll.

This will probably spark a fierce backlash, but does any one else think McGuane may suprise a few this season and potentially earn a rd1 spot? With Ty back in the side he would get an even lesser quality opponent than last season when he managed to hit the score board fairly well.

I know he isnt liked or rated by most, but could our fwd line look like this? Maybe just maybe???

HF Dusty McG Titch
FF Ty Jack King

Now I am not saying that this is my choice as I had barely given him a thought, but he did perform pretty well considering and will now have another pre season training as a fwd and will have superior support up forward.

Dont attack me, I am not drunk, I am not over tired, just seeing if anyone out there has wondered the same?

Any non constructive responses will be deleted, so keep it on topic ya'll.

I dont think we will go that tall...
HF Dusty TY Titch
FF Azza Jack King
Bench - Nahas, knights

Probably most likely mate, just more curious what people think about McGuanes chances in 2013

Yeah I might be in a minority but you have to hand it to the guy as he was on the proverbial scrap heap biding time to his delistment date and has reinvented himself into a reasonable forward who's output surpassed Miller whom many on this board thought was ok.
Good on the bloke and we all need to remember an AFL list is more than 22 players..

Probably most likely mate, just more curious what people think about McGuanes chances in 2013
I agree to an extent he could still surprise a few. I think astbury will get first shot at the 3rd tall fwd role

He'd (mcguane) provide good defensive forward pressure as he laid some good tackles in the fwd50

Yeah I might be in a minority but you have to hand it to the guy as he was on the proverbial scrap heap biding time to his delistment date and has reinvented himself into a reasonable forward who's output surpassed Miller whom many on this board thought was ok.
Good on the bloke and we all need to remember an AFL list is more than 22 players..

yep credit where its due IMO.

You would have to say, that has proven to be our 2nd or 3rd best KPF based on most recent results.

I agree to an extent he could still surprise a few. I think astbury will get first shot at the 3rd tall fwd role

Azza Edwards seems to be most posters first prefernce as the 3rd tall which is hard to argue but McGuane certainly must have his name in contention as opposed to last season.

Azza Edwards seems to be most posters first prefernce as the 3rd tall which is hard to argue but McGuane certainly must have his name in contention as opposed to last season.
I think the clubs wants to play our youth first and if they don't perform we have seasoned players to take their places. We need to see what astbury can do first. Just finding that balance and development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back