Preview Season 7, Round 10 v St Kilda: Saturday 20 October @ RSEA Park (Moorabin)

Remove this Banner Ad

For a side with a midfield like ours to generate 8 I50’s for an entire half reeks of laziness. For some perspective, even the Giants against us in a game where they managed 1 solitary point generated 19 I50’s for the game.

Bit of a sense of tail wagging the dog with us this year, feels like Clarke needs to pull rank a bit.

Are we practising winning ugly? I have attended the last two home games and this is very similar.

The opposition play quickly from the stoppages and can catch us out. The opposition crowd our F50 and we seem to have no answers.

Is the plan to play four finals to give Chelsea more time to get back in form 🥹?

Team showing it would not even be playing finals this season if it wasn’t for Chelsea Randall. Replaced that 2017-2020 over reliance on Phillips with an over reliance on Randall this season.

For a side with a midfield like ours to generate 8 I50’s for an entire half reeks of laziness. For some perspective, even the Giants against us in a game where they managed 1 solitary point generated 19 I50’s for the game.

Bit of a sense of tail wagging the dog with us this year, feels like Clarke needs to pull rank a bit.
Alarm bells for me when he said at the beginning of the season that we didn’t need to change anything because we know what works. The thing is, when you are on top, everyone wants to figure out how to beat you. If you stand still, it’s only a matter of time before others catch and overtake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely love watching kicks lose 15m of distance in a slight breeze because the AFL decided women couldn't handle a full sized football.
Smaller sized footballs in the women's game were a thing long before the AFL came along.

Bigger picture: two games at windy shitholes in Melbourne today, and another tomorrow at a ground with basically no facilities for spectators. Meanwhile the league-owned weatherproof Marvel Stadium (perfect for AFLW double/triple-headers on a weekend like this) sits vacant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back