News GFG on board as joint major sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Cue the prison bar memes...sigh
The small story on this in today's The Advertiser doesn't even mention the PAFC. It's no wonder whoever wrote the article didn't want to risk their job by putting their name to it.

It was probably just copied and pasted verbatim from a global news service.

The Four Corners story tonight was mainly about Greensill, but its links to Gupta are tight and news about Gupta's empire are not great.

Its collapse left Sanjeev Gupta's GFG Alliance bereft of its main lender. It is now desperately trying to sell assets and refinance what's left of the empire.

An ongoing fraud investigation won't help its efforts.

In the wake of Greensill Capital's collapse, the UK's Serious Fraud Office publicly confirmed that it is investigating companies within the Gupta Family Group Alliance for fraud, fraudulent trading, and money laundering.

The investigation includes GFG Alliance's financing arrangements with Greensill Capital.

Saw this article in a news feed this morning - more of the 'troubled waters ahead' variety, with his UK steel operations to have their JobKeeper equivalent tap turned off in a few weeks time. Better news for their Australian business though, with a US backer supposedly very near to being secured - a White Oak rather than a white knight...

"White Oak has already agreed in principle to refinance GFG’s Australian operations, and talks have broadened to include the European operations, which could offer a lifeline to the UK plants. However, governments in other countries – notably Romania and the Czech Republic – have previously objected to GFG transferring funds in the form of carbon credits to other parts of the world.

Liberty officials have told unions that the refinancing of the Australian operations was expected to conclude soon, possibly within a fortnight."

Saw this article in a news feed this morning - more of the 'troubled waters ahead' variety, with his UK steel operations soon to have their JobKeeper equivalent tap turned off in a few weeks time. Better news for their Australian business though, with a US backer supposedly very near to being secured - a White Oak rather than a white knight...

"White Oak has already agreed in principle to refinance GFG’s Australian operations, and talks have broadened to include the European operations, which could offer a lifeline to the UK plants. However, governments in other countries – notably Romania and the Czech Republic – have previously objected to GFG transferring funds in the form of carbon credits to other parts of the world.

Liberty officials have told unions that the refinancing of the Australian operations was expected to conclude soon, possibly within a fortnight."
*Portnight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, what does PAFC have to do with any of what's being reported

It is simply a pissant jab to remind the sheeple that we're such a sh*t club for being associated with a sh*t company / bloke that doesn't pay his bills
It's very strange for News Limited to link Gupta to Ports in a positive story.

Sanjeev back in the news again - at least this article doesn't mention PAFC:

...and surprisingly, neither does The Fertiliser's.

Sanjeev back in the news again - at least this article doesn't mention PAFC:

...and surprisingly, neither does The Fertiliser's.

Soaring Securities has released a statement that MyATM will bail out Gupta

George Town is at northern end of Tassie, about 50km north of Launceston on the River Tamar. GFG bought the TEMCO smelter in Bell Bay a couple of years ago.

The photo reminds me that when one of my sisters said they were heading to Tassie for the game a few weeks ago, I thought about Cygnet Football Club and if we still have a relationship with them, and do stuff with them, given we haven't played in Hobart since 2013, and went 6 or 7 years before we played the Hawks at York Park in Launceston in 2019.

s**t looked up when I wrote about them and it was way back in 2008 at these 2 posts.

Cygnet Football Club :: Home ..... Port Cygnet have keep the teal green branding but have our BIB with teal blue.

Forgot this post where a Tassie mate of mate told me that Port stopped them copying all Port's branding.

I posted about this in the David Koch thread before I saw this. We seem confused as to Gavin's ability to be a credible advocate for us when his loyalties are pretty clearly split.

Are you telling me the one guy in the photo not wearing Port gear while on a Port junket has split loyalties?

Are you telling me the one guy in the photo not wearing Port gear while on a Port junket has split loyalties?

Coincidentally, I said that in the other thread.

This is more a general management thing than a David Koch thing but the continuing saga around Gavin Wanganeen is giving me whiplash. One moment he is talking up his love for Essendon as Tex is drafted and debuts for them, just after serving on Port's board. Now, Port have him down in Tasmania as a part of a club delegation.

Notably, he's the only one not wearing club kit.

We seem a bit confused.
View attachment 1401369

Port Adelaide uses time in Tassie to engage local community

Remove this Banner Ad

Back