Autopsy Second Semi-Final, Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 15th September, MCG, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We knew going in that it was going to be tough not for lack of talent or spirit on our side.

Didn't expect that utterly disrespectful, blatant, trash umpiring. And now they've won, nothing matters except that the Pies completely deserved this win and oh how amazing it has been winning in the regular season against bottom-8 teams and reaching for the stars.

Richmond is going to crush them, and I hope they get crushed hard. How are the umpires going to decide between two Victorian teams.. that's what people should watch the match for.

On top of everything else, it was a good season for our boys especially given what they've had to go through with injuries. It was a shame we had to go out in such an unfair and unsportsmanlike act from the AFL.

I want to preface this by saying I'm really proud of how our boys have played this year. We've lost players at a rate that would make a ww1 general blush, and two years ago I would never have thought our team would be maintaining the poise and class they did over the season despite all the adversity. But f*** I'm filthy about this result.

I generally don't like blaming the umpiring for results - even when they're against you it's the on field effort that matters. But I genuinely believe we were the better team out there tonight, and the reason we lost is because the umpires and afl decided that there was absolutely no way that Collingwood was losing the game. Yes we played nervous in the first quarter and had stretches where we just lost concentration, but I can say with hand on heart I believe we outplayed the pies tonight. And the scoreboard would reflect that if not for the goals that were literally gifted to Collingwood by the umpires.

I never thought I would say this but I'm going to be backing Richmond hard next week. I hate the club, mainly cos it's a big Victorian team, but have to admit they have genuinely been the best side this year and deserve to be where they are. It should be entertaining to see what a premiership side at the height of its powers can do to a team that wouldn't have made the top 4 if not for schedule when the umps arent on their side.

I'm proud of the team and how they played the season. F*** this bulls*** fix, but I am looking forward to getting to see the boys play again next year

View attachment 559095 Hey Jeremy Cameron want to see a picture of a player who actually turns up in finals game His name is Tom Boyd

search

Thanks for dropping by mate. Look forward to seeing you again at your team's next finals in 2028!

Well, that’s another year’s membership wasted.
AFL rakes our membership in, we get to the prelim’s and then I have no doubt that something is at play and the umpires assist just enough to keep us out.
WTF does everyone else think?
Am I completely paranoid/ off the mark? What?

The umpires were **** as usual but your guys were all over the place. Perhaps a new coach for 2019. Would have been sweet to see the Pies eliminated at home in front of their sea of stupidity.

AFL rakes our membership in, we get to the prelim’s and then I have no doubt that something is at play and the umpires assist just enough to keep us out.

Seems on the money to me. League wants to have interstate teams say it's a national sport (except for tassie for some f***ed up reason) but then acts like no one but the Victorian teams deserve to win. What's the saying? It's a big club but you ain't in it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm of the same mind. Given what the umps have been doing out there tonight, I wouldn't chalk it up to paranoia. The boys were utterly and blatantly pushed back tonight to give way to a "massive, classic, all-Victorian showdown at the home of football".

What you do get is a team that feels pretty comfortable going into finals, if nothing else, but needs to keep up the intensity for longer.
I just felt like the urgency wasn't there tonight that you needed, free kicks or not, and whether that's a coach or a team problem, that's how you fix it.

Was the urgency that the time to lift is now apparent after halftime. You might have seen Cameron and a few others really going all in to win the game had something clicked at the right time. But it wasn't enough.

Thanks for dropping by mate. Look forward to seeing you again at your team's next finals in 2028!

Yeah your right mate but we will win it that year :) its lucky the Hawks are still playing finals I mean at least you guys win the odd final and dont go out in straight sets
Oh can you tell Griff and Ward when they retire to come to Tom Boyd's house and show him his premiership medallion cause they are never going to see one :)

Just gotta keep playing along until AFL decides we've paid enough dues!

Proud of the boys for their season. Not good enough tonight in the end, but always difficult when the umpires start off so squarely against you as it affects the way you approach the game. Still, we need to tweak some of the game plan, and hopefully some more development in a few areas, and add some talent in the off-season. Nothing guaranteed for next year, but plenty of optimism.

The umpires were **** as usual but your guys were all over the place. Perhaps a new coach for 2019. Would have been sweet to see the Pies eliminated at home in front of their sea of stupidity.
New coach I agree. The giants have so much talent, but just don’t have the structure and setup required to go deep into finals I reckon.

Just gotta keep playing along until AFL decides we've paid enough dues!

Proud of the boys for their season. Not good enough tonight in the end, but always difficult when the umpires start off so squarely against you as it affects the way you approach the game. Still, we need to tweak some of the game plan, and hopefully some more development in a few areas, and add some talent in the off-season. Nothing guaranteed for next year, but plenty of optimism.
The thing we need most next year is a turnaround in luck with injuries..

Tough loss for the boys. Struggled hard against Razor Ray who was always paid to help out Collingwood. Did his job well and will be looking at a fat pay rise from Gill for bumping up attendance numbers next week and membership numbers next year. The close ladder over the last few years since Gill's inception is in my belief in part due to the prevalence of tight matches - good and all but this is marred by an over - involvement of the umpires. The fact they can single handedly drag teams across the line at will tells you they have way too much power. The ambiguity and fluidity of the rules add to the subjective nature of umpiring and make it very easy to cheat the system. That being said, brings people to the game and the AFL are happy as $$$ are being stuffed down their pockets.

Hope Collingwood get smashed next week without umpires handing them a goal at the end of every quarter. Would be exciting to see Melbourne vs. Richmond in the grand final. The way Melbourne plays reminds me of the toughness of Brisbane in the early 2000s mixed with the flair and creativity we showed in 2016. Melbourne have the run and physicality to match it with Richmond, should be a cracker if it eventuates.

Yeah your right mate but we will win it that year :) its lucky the Hawks are still playing finals I mean at least you guys win the odd final and dont go out in straight sets
Oh can you tell Griff and Ward when they retire to come to Tom Boyd's house and show him his premiership medallion cause they are never going to see one :)

Of course you'll win the flag. The dogs are famous for their premiership success, if I recall correctly that's what all the hype was a few years ago - shortest drought in afl history or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back