Shield Sheffield Shield Round 4: South Australia vs Queensland, Glenelg Oval, 8-11/11/2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really know why you wouldn't enforce the follow on here. Only spent 65 overs bowling and Swepson did 25 of them anyway. They should win anyway, but it's just taking time away to bowl SA out again.

Don't really know why you wouldn't enforce the follow on here. Only spent 65 overs bowling and Swepson did 25 of them anyway. They should win anyway, but it's just taking time away to bowl SA out again.
I can only assume they want to give Street a chance to press his case for a BBL gig.

If it was the middle of the day and you've been in the field for 3-4 hours, then you'd bat again to give the bowlers a rest. But they are rested now, they have there massages, a night's sleep. One quick wicket and you enforce the follow-on, no question.

I can only assume they want to give Street a chance to press his case for a BBL gig.
In all seriousness though it could actually be to give Burns a chance to save his spot in the Aus side. Amongst other reasons obviously.

I thought the idea was to win the Sheffield Shield. Cheap 2nd innings runs against the Redbacks attack isn't going to be enough to persuade selectors.

Didn't work anyway the crab is already out lol

Nice of Queensland to help SA keep their team bowling average for the season below 100

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe keeping his bowlers out of some of the heat (36 degrees and blowing a gale today), letting the wicket deteriorate and letting Swepson have a 4th innings pitch to bowl on

It might be overkill but we have successfully batted out a couple of games so far to be fair.

That kid will never represent the stage again. Time for the coach to put his down and only field players who are up to the level, even if that means playing 7-8 players only haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty ugly shot from McInerney

Genuine half volley, feet nowhere, terrible batswing across the line

The sort of shot you hit on Day 1 of preseason during throwdowns when you're all rusty as hell
Correct - ordinary footwork. His dismissal in the first innings was from poor footwork as well.
Not sure who else they can bring in? Unfortunately Dizzy is stuck with this lot and will have to wait until the end of the season to make wholesale changes. It would be very interesting to see what they do after the BBL break in terms of selections. There are some spots there for the taking if one or 2 of the younger fellas on the list can make runs in the meantime.

Bosisto looking awful here. Nearly ran himself out (didn't even try to get back in his crease initially) then lbw too high. Struggling to get off the mark.

He'll probably make 50 having said all that

Hunt looking good (will be out next ball I imagine)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back