Sheffield Shield Round 7: SA v VIC @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Round 7: South Australia v Victoria @ Adelaide Oval
Sunday 14th Feburary 2016 - Wednesday 17th February 2016

South Australia (2nd 28.65 points) v Victoria (1st 35.87 points)

South Australia XII
  • Travis HEAD (c)
  • Nick BENTON
  • Tom COOPER
  • Mark COSGROVE
  • Jake LEHMANN
  • Tim LUDEMAN (+)
  • Joe MENNIE
  • Sam RAPHAEL
  • Alex ROSS
  • Cameron VALENTE
  • Daniel WORRALL
  • Adam ZAMPA
In: Benton, Valente, Zampa
Out: Tom ANDREWS (omitted), Chadd SAYERS (Aus Test)

Victoria XII
  • Matthew WADE (c)(+)
  • Fawad AHMED
  • Scott BOLAND
  • Dan CHRISTIAN
  • Travis DEAN
  • Peter HANDSCOMB
  • Glenn MAXWELL
  • Clint McKAY
  • Rob QUINEY
  • Jake REED
  • Marcus STOINIS
  • Chris TREMAIN
In: Boland, Maxwell, McKay, Reed, Wade
Out: Sam HARPER (omitted), James PATTINSON (Aus Test), Peter SIDDLE (Aus Test), Cam WHITE (omitted)

Weather
  • Sunday 16-26 Partly cloudy
  • Monday 15-25 Partly cloudy
  • Tuesday 16-25 Partly cloudy
  • Wednesday 14-27 Sunny

Interesting that Alex Keath is yet to get a run in the XI, you'd think an pace bowling allrounder that potentially bat at six would be high on SACA's priorities. Is he not performing at lower levels, or something else?

Can anyone explain why this starts on a Sunday and not on the Saturday?

I thought it was starting today :oops:

Yet again we have Shield matches on at the same time as a test, can't they stagger them somehow? One minute nothing, then more cricket than I can keep track of!

I'm not sure how it's working, he was contracted for the Strikers if I remember correctly as well. You would think if he's going to have a crack at footy he'd have to spend 100% of his energy on it considering he's coming from a long way back.

Yes, I thought he was finishing up after the Big Bash. Surprised he's being allowed by the Crows to play any cricket at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is Keath still wants to get a Redbacks contract for next season but if he doesn't then he will focus entirely on football. At the moment I think he is on a modified program with the Crows during the week and playing grade cricket on weekends.

Can anyone explain why this starts on a Sunday and not on the Saturday?
Most of the people who go to the shield (apart from the SEDA kids and other school groups) play cricket on Saturdays.

Well considering it is a Day Night game that would be perfect.
So you'd be willing to go to play cricket for 6 hours and then go watch maybe one session of a day/night match?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back