Sheffield Shield Round 7: SA v Vic @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they brought in the concussion sub for the state competitions this year, or was that only for the Matador? I can respect Head's decision but he wouldn't be expecting any favours from other captains in the future now.
Only Matador. ICC didn't allow it in First Class comps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under the Sheffield Shield playing conditions, replacement players are not permitted. In the event that a player is replaced, the match risks forfeiting First Class status.

So what about those times when blokes like Patto and others bowl in one innings and then are replaced in the second by another bowler. To my knowledge those remained first class games. I've always played my cricket hard but in this case I reckon it's pretty poor by SA given the circumstances of how the injury occurred

Just heard on ABC that Victoria could have replaced Harper if both captains agreed, but Travis Head would not allow it.
Never knew you could just replace an injured player if the other team okays it.

Is that something brought in recently?

So what about those times when blokes like Patto and others bowl in one innings and then are replaced in the second by another bowler. To my knowledge those remained first class games. I've always played my cricket hard but in this case I reckon it's pretty poor by SA given the circumstances of how the injury occurred

who knows with Cricket Australia? they make it up and chop and change to suit themselves.

Fairly confident it was accidental so how he gets injured is irrelevant. If there is no rule for replacement players then it's not up to travis head to Create one.

My opinion is if you get injured too bad you go down a player. Concussion shouldn't be any different to a bowler breaking down.

If the swap was Harper for quincy then that is clearly not fair, getting an extra bowler wouldn't be fair so can't see why SA should be punished for Victoria's bad luck

If CA don't like it then make a rule, but clearly the ICC don't care about it... so play on I spose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back