Shield Sheffield Shield Round 8: Tasmania v Western Australia @ Blundstone Arena

TAS v WA result

• Draw, WA with more bonus points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• No result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Paris a potential test option?

60 wkts @ 23.5 & a batting average of 24 is now a decent body of work..

He's averaging around 2.5 wkts an innings with a SR of 47.

Would like to see him put together a solid stint without breaking down first, he's had a lot of injuries

Would like to see him put together a solid stint without breaking down first, he's had a lot of injuries

At 27 it's probably now or never.

Not a big sample size, granted, but he's got better FC stats than Neser, Bird and Sayers.

The only player on the periphery with clearly better FC stats is Pattinson.

Did he have a history of injuries?

He was also a batsman.

I feel like with bowlers, we as a nation like settled bowling line ups and like them for an extended period of time.

The likes of Stuart Clark who debuted at 31, Ryan Harris debuted at 29, are exceptions.

So he's getting towards that age.

So what should Tassie's tactics be? Keep wickets in hand as long as possible and then start going when it his 7 an over ish?

Try and keep these two in for as long as possible, up the score rate

If they lose a wicket then just try and bat out the innings, these two will win it

Pray to keep the rain away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling Tassie might be leaving their run a little late now. Still need 60 of 9 overs.

Both Batsmen are set, they can chance their arm a bit and still have a few wickets left, also have the additional half hour if they get close I thought

Its Tassies to lose (or draw) at this point

Back