Sheffield Shield Round 8: WA v Vic @ WACA

Remove this Banner Ad

On the other hand when have selectors given a s**t about fast bowlers having to put seasons together.

Pattinson and Cummins are probably next in line in their opinion and they've played about 5 shield matches between the two of them over the last 5 years.

Don't disagree and I have said exactly the same about both of those blokes

I think that the selectors will make Patto and Cunmins work a bit harder than people expect this time, especially with plenty of other good options.

Whether it be Dorf bowling well leading into the Ashes, or Patto or Cummins, England are in big trouble I think.

Harris
Dean
Quiney/Stoinis
White
Finch
Holland
Christian
Gotch
Pattinson
Tremain
Holland

One of Quiney or Stoinis to miss out for me
2nd innings runs or Marcus can heck off back to Grade cricket.

125 runs @ 13.88 is abysmal, so abysmal that actually he needs to be dropped not even taking into account the 2nd innings.
Lynch and Ronnie need to grow a pair an punt him already.

Well that was outstanding, what a return from a terrific fast bowler.

Don't get me wrong there's plenty the Australian selectors can be bagged out for over past year or two, however the difference it would have made to the feel of Australian cricket in recent times to have Behrendorff, Pattinson, Cummins & Coulter-Nile all fit and firing rather then the uninspiring likes of Boland, Worrall, Mennie, Sayers, Tremain et al. either in or around the fringes of national squads is enormous. Don't want to be disrespectful to those guys but there is a vast gap in the skills necessary to succeed at the next level.

When did Wells get good?
This year, it seems.

In the last couple of years at his time in Tassie he did appear to me as though he was starting to develop a habit of getting good starts. Whilst he has been afforded more opportunities than most get (and has deserved them through consistent plundering of grade cricket and putting his name up in lights with some more than handy Big Bash seasons), I think he could end up a fairly prolific batsmen - perhaps to the extent of Klinger who had a similarly lengthy graduation period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that the selectors will make Patto and Cunmins work a bit harder than people expect this time, especially with plenty of other good options.

Whether it be Dorf bowling well leading into the Ashes, or Patto or Cummins, England are in big trouble I think.

The dream would be Starc, Patto, Cummins, Hazelwood, Dorff combo on the WACA...who knows how it would work but would be pretty cool to see.

Starc and Cummins would do ok at 7 and 8.

Oh no, it has got the feel of last year about.

Vic only has win one of the last 3 games to make the final, they lose 2 and scrape a draw in the last to just make it in.

The dream would be Starc, Patto, Cummins, Hazelwood, Dorff combo on the WACA...who knows how it would work but would be pretty cool to see.

You wouldn't need 5 quicks at the WACA though, provided it was the deck that you would desire.

Pattinson has to prove he can bowl at this level still. 1 wicket at 4.33 an over? Not good enough at the moment. Cummins too, goes for a lot, doesn't take enough wickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back