Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

The lads in Perth showed last year how its done......if you really wanted to do it...it's possible.
Selling the perception with the appearance you belong is half of what's required. The rest is simple planning, belief in execution and some reliance on dumb luck...

A mate of mine told me years ago that Toll group ran an exercise to evaluate their security, where they hired a few actors who wore a generic hard hat, carried a simple clipboard and wore physical nonsense ID, either clipped to their shirt or on a lanyard that contained their ATM card or similar.
He said Toll was shocked what unabated access they were given to wander around restricted areas including bonded warehouses, simply because they looked like they belonged..!

Last edited:
Selling the perception with the appearance you belong is half of what's required. The rest is simple planning, belief in execution and some reliance on dumb luck...

A mate of mine told me years ago that Toll group ran an exercise to evaluate their security, where they hired a few actors who wore a generic hard hats, carried a simple clipboard and wore physical nonsense ID, either clipped to their shirt or on a lanyard that contained their ATM card or similar.
He said it was amazing what unabated access they were given to wander around restricted areas including bonded warehouses, simply because they looked like they belonged..!
Delaware North have the catering contract and the staff entrance is near the cricket nets. Getting hold of a uniform or MCG attendants uniform might give you a chance but you have to have inside knowledge.

For those seriously thinking of camping out from the prelim game... Where could you go that isn't covered by CCTV and has access to toilets/shower but not frequently visited throughout the week.. put an out of order sign on the disabled toilets and hope nobody comes in for a week?

I worked in a bar in the city in the late-80's that occasionally had A+ list celebs roll up to do "unannounced" gigs. One Friday arvo we had two American blokes supposedly from David Lee Roth's touring entourage drop in to eyeball the place for him to possibly do a set later that night. What gave them credibility was the paperwork and "ID's" they supplied from Paul Dainty or Michael Coppel, or whoever the tour promoter was, as well as the fact that we'd had another massive international artist perform a late-night secret gig about two weeks prior.

Our entertainment manager went for it hook, line and sinker, setting them up with open-ended drink cards, with which the yanks duly set about clocking up a new course record - top shelf, cocktails, bottles of Dom, the works, for themselves and any females that showed them any attention.

I reckon it was over three hours and about $1500 later that our bar manager decided that something was very fishy, in that they hadn't asked to use our phones to make contact with the tour company - this was the days before mobile phones. A quick call to the tour company by our manager revealed they knew nothing about the American blokes, and the DLR had no intention to play anywhere later on after his show at the National Tennis Centre. The jig was up and the now very pissed scoundrels were evicted about 8:30pm by a couple of our bouncers - no cops involved, just a bit of a clip behind the ear for each of them on the way out.

Personally, I thought the blokes were an inspiration.
Not to shabby at all.

Delaware North have the catering contract and the staff entrance is near the cricket nets. Getting hold of a uniform or MCG attendants uniform might give you a chance but you have to have inside knowledge.

For those seriously thinking of camping out from the prelim game... Where could you go that isn't covered by CCTV and has access to toilets/shower but not frequently visited throughout the week.. put an out of order sign on the disabled toilets and hope nobody comes in for a week?
The police do a sweep on Friday night with dogs. I think its as much a terrorism check as for people. But yeah I know all general staff have to leave the stadium by a set time on the Friday before the GF.

I've got a plan this year.

I have tickets to Brisbane-Geelong via a mate of mine and know a couple of places in the G where I can hide out.

Ahhh yes 8 days of limited food, water and bathing will do great for you.

Plus avoiding security/ sniffer dogs.

I've got a plan this year.

I have tickets to Brisbane-Geelong via a mate of mine and know a couple of places in the G where I can hide out.
Make your way up to the top of a light tower with a week’s worth of tuna cans and about 10L of water and you’ll be fine. Take a warm sleeping bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mate of mine told me years ago that Toll group ran an exercise to evaluate their security, where they hired a few actors who wore a generic hard hat, carried a simple clipboard and wore physical nonsense ID, either clipped to their shirt or on a lanyard that contained their ATM card or similar.
He said Toll was shocked what unabated access they were given to wander around restricted areas including bonded warehouses, simply because they looked like they belonged..!

Won't work, l worked there a few years back for the MCC, you get asked to scan your ID card multiple times and it gets spot checked also by security on the way in.

10 years ago maybe, but they've installed turnstile machines in the entrance now.

Won't work, l worked there a few years back for the MCC, you get asked to scan your ID card multiple times and it gets spot checked also by security on the way in.

10 years ago maybe, but they've installed turnstile machines in the entrance now.
Can confirm, went though the staff entrance on friday and your tickets get scanned.

If you can get through Carpark E entrance on Brunton Ave you would find yourself outside of the umpires change room entrance.

From there, don't try to enter the umpires rooms but there is a lift that takes you to all 4 levels of the Southern Stand.

View attachment 1506365
I've exited through there before, never entered.
Even for the Brisbane game on Friday they had about 15 guards

If you can get through Carpark E entrance on Brunton Ave you would find yourself outside of the umpires change room entrance.

From there, don't try to enter the umpires rooms but there is a lift that takes you to all 4 levels of the Southern Stand.

View attachment 1506365

Heads up, this is the entrance they used to march us on the ground for the Killers in 2017 or 2018?

May be closer guarded than you think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back