South Africa v Australia; Third Test at Newlands, Cape Town

Remove this Banner Ad

He was preachy when he wrote a whole article having a go at Australia for not recalling Stokes when McCullum had run-out Murali for celebrating his partners century.
Be grateful.

He could have outed the Aussies for tampering with the ball in NZ. The commentators kept alluding to it and anyone watching can tell what the Aussies were up to. The ball never reverses here. There's a reason why second, third and fourth innings are so big. And if it were possible, Boult and Southee wouldn't be so useless with the old ball. Both are pretty good reverse swing bowlers. Boult ran through the WI one of the rare times it started to reverse.

Opportunistic, unmitigated tripe.
Check out social media and other cricket forums. Everyone is laying into the Aussies and starting to wonder how long this has been going on for.

Last edited:
He was preachy when he wrote a whole article having a go at Australia for not recalling Stokes when McCullum had run-out Murali for celebrating his partners century.

You realise he has publicly apologised to Muralitharan for that incident. He even ran the audience at the MCC Spirit of Cricket through incident step by step as he gave his apology. It was 8 years before the decision to totally change their attitude to the game.

Opportunistic, unmitigated tripe.

Well Bancroft has been caught doing dodgy stuff before so I don't think you can just say this has been an isolated incident and has never happened before.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/8e3607e7676550b5b4867e60dde2b1ac

dd1e84729cd2f2543ff7ef228bea1d38

Well Bancroft has been caught doing dodgy stuff before so I don't think you can just say this has been an isolated incident and has never happened before.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...s/news-story/8e3607e7676550b5b4867e60dde2b1ac

dd1e84729cd2f2543ff7ef228bea1d38
This was actually debunked Plugger by an English newspaper.

"As it turned out, Bancroft was actually spooning a piece of chewing gum into his hand and then into his pocket to have out on the field as a hygienic precaution.

Several members of the Australian team suffered with illness during the Boxing Day Test and as a result they have been asked to spoon items like gum and nuts from a bowl rather than use their hands directly."

"As it turned out, Bancroft was actually spooning a piece of chewing gum into his hand and then into his pocket to have out on the field as a hygienic precaution.

Several members of the Australian team suffered with illness during the Boxing Day Test and as a result they have been asked to spoon items like gum and nuts from a bowl rather than use their hands directly."

A likely story.

Bancroft looked quite guilty doing whatever he was doing in that footage.

So their solution to the hygiene issue wasn’t to just say ‘hey instead of having a bowl that 12 people get their stuff from why don’t we just trust 12 grown men to each have their own,’ but rather to have them dispense gum with a spoon.

Makes perfect sense.

Was that statement made before or after Vernon Philander left his twitter log-in on the seat at the train station?

A likely story.

Bancroft looked quite guilty doing whatever he was doing in that footage.
Obviously with the ball tampering, you could be sceptical about it.

But it could be quite plausible. Wouldnt it be easier to chew a shitload of mints than to spoon some sugar into your pocket?

So their solution to the hygiene issue wasn’t to just say ‘hey instead of having a bowl that 12 people get their stuff from why don’t we just trust 12 grown men to each have their own,’ but rather to have them dispense gum with a spoon.

Makes perfect sense.

Was that statement made before or after Vernon Philander left his twitter log-in on the seat at the train station?
The article said it wasn't just gum that was served like that.

I am only repeating what was reported as an explanation. I dont know whether it was prior to the ball tampering or after the ball tampering.

I couldn't even eat Vegemite this morning such was the extent of my embarrassment.

Same.

I normally have half a box of weet-bix and 4 slices of vegemite toast. But from now on my diet will only include food sourced from cricketing nations that haven't disgraced themselves in the past 24 hours.

For example, this morning I had a packet of biltong dipped in leftover Tikka Masala, a few slices of Leiscter red, a pot of Manuka honey on roti, and a plate of jerk chicken.

[Edit: Deferred to the brain-boxes below and their jerk chicken]

Last edited:
Same.

I normally have half a box of weet-bix and 4 slices of vegemite toast. But from now on my diet will only include food sourced from cricketing nations that haven't disgraced themselves in the past 24 hours.

For example, this morning I had a packet of biltong dipped in leftover Tikka Masala, a few slices of Leiscter red, a pot of Manuka honey on roti, and a plate of [insert generic Carribean food].
Jerk chicken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same.

For example, this morning I had a packet of biltong dipped in leftover Tikka Masala, a few slices of Leiscter red, a pot of Manuka honey on roti, and a plate of [insert generic Carribean food].
I reckon Jerk Chicken's the best the Caribbean has to offer.

Will also tide you over when you get a KFC craving. Can't support those bastards given who they sponsor.

Makes perfect sense.

Davey warner seems like the type who wouldnt wash his hands after a poo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back